Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

true confessions; how I invaded the "mens room"

We have had a terrible terrible ski season in the Pacific Northwest. no snow.... seriously, even in the mountains.

In January we had a pittance at Stevens pass so I got all excited and headed up after a half day of work to an afternoon of skiing. My son is an advanced snowboarder, but i am still skiing the bunny slopes so we parted ways. :) I have to pick up rental gear whilst he owns (thanks Mom) tuned gear just right for him.

so, I am in a huge hurry to make it to my 1 o clock lesson, and the place was pretty dead on a Thursday afternoon on a crappy snow season day so I decide to multitask, dash into the restroom whilst putting on my snow pants etc. I leaned the skis outside the stall, but was gearing up inside.

I am in there a few minutes when I get this odd feeling. Something is wrong. I look around - everything LOOKS normal. Then I realize what is missing - women's restrooms have sounds... chatty sounds. The sounds of two ladies talking, or a mom with her kids.. you hear voices. always... even on dead midweek day... somebody must walk in. I hear silence. another minute passes as I am gearing up and I start thinking.. I think I need to get out of here.

I take a deep breath, open the door.. and yup.. two guys are at the sink washing up. Out of the corner of my eye I see the urinals with a dude standing there with his back to me, thank goodness - how did I miss this obvious clue - I am in the FREAKING MENS ROOM!

It's not like I can make a quick exit.. oh no, I gotta gather up skis, poles, my gear bag, etc etc.

One of MANY nice things I can say about dudes, they don't freak out about this kind of stuff. They both had the decency to pretend I wasn't there whilst I tried to look as boylike as possible in my form fitting cold weather under armours... crap... they might have seen definately saw my profile in the mirror!

So, during my lesson I tell this story to a young woman as we ride the ski lift up and she says... I almost walked in there too.. at the last minute I saw the sign!

sheesh... see how easy it is to accidently conduct business in the "wrong room"!?!

That's hilarious! :)

Lol that is hilarious ???? we just moved to Utah from Florida it was our first winter with snow and I was seriously disappointed. I am hoping next year we can try snowboarding or skiing ???? that's if they can keep snow long enough ????

I have made that same mistake myself at least a half a dozen times in various places. It's priceless!! Welcome to the club.

What a great story... done that.... Been there, on accident and on purpose. I really had to go and the line was so long in the womans bathroom... so i went in the mens.... They didn't mind. Hey, when you got to go, you got to go.

Edited by bayougirlmrsc

Love it.

I've even been to events where the line to the ladies was so long we just took over the men's room too (women in line for both).

What do we want? Potty parity!

When do we want it? NOW!

Gotta go...

In San Diego we have a big LGBT area, and while the restaurant and bar bathrooms are marked Men's or Women's in most places, or are unisex in others, the area is mostly male frequented, so sometimes it's just a free for all. Some years later, it's no longer odd to me to see a man walk in or out of the restroom while i'm in that part of town. But when I first ventured into that neighborhood, boy was I confused LOL

LL - you funny... I skulked out of there like a criminal so lucky to have departed with the gear i arrived with..haha

My favorite restaurant has a "one holer" restroom for each gender. I have used the mens room before when the ladies had a line - but that is a lot different then being in a HUGE restroom with maybe 20-30 stalls (unoccupied when I arrived I might add)

I did that once in a pool changing room - while 8 months pregnant. There is no pretending to be a male while wearing a swimsuit. I was probably the most mortified I've ever been when a man came in and me why i was there.

At the airport, leaving Paris, the women's toilet was out of order in the terminal I was at so they were just waving both sexes into the men's room! This was no accident! We, men and women alike, just made eye contact with each other - like this happens all the time LOL.

And then there was the time at costco where I was texting and just didn't pay attention that I walked right into the men's restroom...excuse me as I back up slowly!

I did that when I was a teenager at a football game. I had to go so bad I was almost running. I go in looking for a the long pee trough and didnt see one. I thought what a nice football stadium. I threw open the stall door and started going when i heard the noise you were talking about of 2 women talking. I had started so there was NO stopping right? haha So i start to freak a little as I finish up and run out. I did hear one woman say there's a boy in here as i ran

Ha.. funny!

Honestly I think women can be a little overly sensitive to this kind of thing..they assume every man is some kind of deviant, but maybe they just have to pee!

I have two sons and it stressed me immensely that the showers at our local pool expected all males over the age of 5 to use the mens showers even if unattended. Peeps probably thought I was the pervert as I stood outside the mens showers with my "ears on". Boys had I instructions to scream like a banshee should they feel threatened or anything. I was ready to attack like a momma bear....grrrr

I did that when I was a teenager at a football game. I had to go so bad I was almost running. I go in looking for a the long pee trough and didnt see one. I thought what a nice football stadium. I threw open the stall door and started going when i heard the noise you were talking about of 2 women talking. I had started so there was NO stopping right? haha So i start to freak a little as I finish up and run out. I did hear one woman say there's a boy in here as i ran

Lol I have done that before.