Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need good scale suggestions

My digital scale is off. If I weigh myself three times in a row I will get three slightly different numbers. can you suggest a good accurate scale.

Over the winter costco had a sale on a Weight Watchers scale (14.99) and I bought it because my expensive (always inaccurate) scale had recently broken. Anyway, this one is always accurate with me. No matter how many times you step on it back to back it will give you the same weight. I wish I could tell you the model number. Some reviews for other models online seem to suggest that many people have the same problem you have, but I have NEVER had any issues. The trouble is none of these look exactly like mine at home so I am not sure which one to link you to. If you have a costco you might try looking there. I think the regular price was 19.99 and it's a 400 lb capacity.

Edited by heynowkc

I just bought a new scale because my NUT wanted me to track percent body fat instead of pounds. It's the withings scale. It's super cool! It measures my weight, percent body fat, heart rate and bluetooths it all to my phone! It's like a new toy! Lol!

I just bought a new scale because my NUT wanted me to track percent body fat instead of pounds. It's the withings scale. It's super cool! It measures my weight, percent body fat, heart rate and bluetooths it all to my phone! It's like a new toy! Lol!

That's too pricey for me. Plus I'd be afraid it wouldn't work!! Haha. Sounds strange but I have an explanation, I promise. You know those "handlebar" like things at the gym that the trainers use? They measure your body fat percentage. Anyway I have tried using them many times over the years at different places but they ALWAYS reply back with an error message. I don't know if it's specifically something about ME or if it's just that I have a very HIGH body fat percentage? I am not sure. But to this day my body fat percentage remains a mystery.

That's a bummer. The only other one I've used is the one at my nutritionist. I'm a pretty slow loser so it made me feel better when I saw I lost 3% bodyfat. If your not shy you could always try them out at the store before you buy. ;). I've seen people in Target doing that.

My digital scale is off. If I weigh myself three times in a row I will get three slightly different numbers. can you suggest a good accurate scale.< /p>

Your scale isn't "off".

You aren't supposed to weight yourself repeatedly (or any other object weighing exactly the same) on a home digital scale repeatedly. You have to wait at least five minutes between readings. Even when the display goes off, it's still going.

If you don't want to wait five minutes, you could take the battery out, which would reset the scale, but that whole process would probably take you five minutes anyway.

Why do you need to weigh yourself three times in a row? Is it OCD? If it's OCD, a scale with a dial would be a much better choice for you. You can hop on and off of one of those 10, 20, 30 times in a row and see the exact same results over and over if you want.

Edited by JerseyCityGal

I have a digital weight watchers scale I got at Bed Bath and Beyond and can step on it 20 times in a row and get the same weight reported back to me. I agree the inconsistency would drive me batty. I find I have to replace my scales every 2-4years as that's when they start to act up. I always thought it was due to the moisture in the bathroom. Who knows...

Edited by Bluesea71

Thanks all who gave helpful feedback. Its annoying to get different numbers and not know how much I am losing or gaining. I appreciate your feedback. And no I am not OCD, just want an accurate figure when I get on the scale.< /p>