Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@foreversleeved08 You are officially my hero for doing this and caring after two children! I am getting liquids down so much easier but very weak and fatigued.

Did I mention hungry? I'm not sure what it is but I am definitely craving something aside from clear liquid. My goal is 40 grams of Protein today by finishing one Isopure clear drink diluted with crystal light.

How are you getting along dear?

Lol I think I set myself up for too much being a first time surgery, but it is what it is! Im actually feeling back to my normal self today thank goodness. The first 3 days were exhausting, I was having to nap off and on through out the day. Getting fluids in is definitely the key for me, I've been working on Jello today to help when we progress to full liquids, I'm hoping on Monday! I've practiced with different amount of sips, and I think I've got down how much is a comfortable sip for me at the moment :)

One thing I have noticed is lower back pain! :( but I haven't taken any pain medicine today because frankly pills were hard for me to swallow pre surgery, I would need a lot of Water and can't quite do that now. Ive done pretty well with none today surprisingly!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still feeling weak and fatigued, give ur body time though, I think you are doing amazing, setting goals like a champ!

And you are not alone, I am sick of liquids lol I feel as though I'm ready to progress to full liquids, but will wait until I am approved to do so. I'm sure we will have to fight ourselves a lot with this so I'm not about to start off on the wrong foot so soon in the game. Protein is a struggle for me, and sadly is not my main priority, but I'm working on it. I am really concentrated on not dehydrating myself as it seems to make everything worse if I don't get liquids at least.

I'm 11lbs down, but I know this will slow as we start to incorporate richer and denser foods! :(

I could eat some cream of wheat! Mmmmmm

@@foreversleeved08 Cream of Wheat sounds heavenly.

I'm still on liquids and getting sick of Crystal Lite and Isopure. To be honest, I can barely stomach them and the diarrhea came back, thus making me even more reluctant to drink but I know I have too.

Protein goal is a fail, I mixed up a scoop in a bowl of beef broth and after one sip dumped it out.

Hope you are feeling better, I can relate to back pain.

Hugs :)

@@foreversleeved08 Cream of Wheat sounds heavenly.

I'm still on liquids and getting sick of Crystal Lite and Isopure. To be honest, I can barely stomach them and the diarrhea came back, thus making me even more reluctant to drink but I know I have too.

Protein goal is a fail, I mixed up a scoop in a bowl of beef broth and after one sip dumped it out.

Hope you are feeling better, I can relate to back pain.

Hugs :)

I was wondering how you were doing! Glad to hear from you, and yes I know what you mean, this liquid diet is beyond torture, but I guess I'd rather have this than a leak.

I have to admit I chewed a Protein Bar and then spit it out lol ugh I know so desperate but I did!

At first I thought the diarrhea was dumping but I really think it's just because we are on liquids, I have to believe it will go away with time...

I wouldn't worry so much about the Protein now, with the limited options we are given its very hard to fulfill protein requirements. I mean of course try but don't feel like a failure of u can't! I think not getting dehydrated and atleast getting liquids down is the number one goal during this liquid stage! Soon we'll be on full liquids and we'll have more variety for protein.

I am feeling pretty great to be honest, am I missing food, you bet! Lol I'm not craving bad food, I keep looking through other VSG-ers profiles on Instagram to get some food ideas and even a lettuce wrap thing is making me drool haha but I feel back to my normal self, liquids are going down just fine and gas is minimal! I think we're gonna make it lol :)

@foreversleeved08. How are you? I've graduated to baby food consistency foods. Not cleared by Ganta but just started playing around first with Protein shakes, then a tiny bit of cream of wheat with mootopia, tonight 3-4 tablespoons of cream of chicken Soup.

So weird how the tiniest amount fills you up! How are your energy levels?

I'm kinda tired!

@foreversleeved08. How are you? I've graduated to baby food consistency foods. Not cleared by Ganta but just started playing around first with Protein shakes, then a tiny bit of cream of wheat with mootopia, tonight 3-4 tablespoons of cream of chicken Soup.< /p>

So weird how the tiniest amount fills you up! How are your energy levels?

I'm kinda tired!

I am doing well girl! every day gets easier :)

I also tried some cream of wheat and added some milk to thin it out, I tried my premier Protein Shakes and they make me a little queasy...i think I've developed a milk intolerance :(, but I've read thats common, I'm staying away from them for now! funny though I can eat cottage cheese?!!?!! I've tasted just little things here and there, nothing too crazy though lol oh i tried some greek yogurt! a whole tub 5.3 oz was 80 calories, you have to get some 12g of protein( for the container) but 4 tiny tip of the spoon bits and i was so full. it was a very weird feeling, kind of a relief though that my life doesn't have to revolve around food anymore.

i won't lie though i miss it kinda, but i think thats what this whole stage is about, making the change! :)

i have been lucky, my energy restored post-op day 4 thank goodness, my kids need it! especially my 3 month old who likes to wake up at 6am to play lol

well until our next update, take care!

I am smiling because you both express it so well. You are going to do great. It is hell right now though! From one Texas girl to another, keep the faith and hang in there. And mostly take those pain meds! Congratulations on joining our ranks. It gets better and better!

Edited by JCP

Hi Cockapoo and Foreversleeved, my daughter just got her sleeve at St. David's in Austin Thurs 3/26. I was so impressed with the facility and staff! Such a difference from Seton where she had her gallbladder removed last year. She's having so much pain and nausea she can barely sip anything. I hope she starts feeling better soon. She's really regretting her decision right now. ????

@@ssourgirl, Tell your daughter it gets better. The first few days will be painful and she won't feel like eating/drinking much however it's important to keep sipping liquids.

After a few days I got hungry and regretted my decision. I was constantly thinking about food but kept on sipping my fluids. Each day she will lose a pound, or every other day.

Eventually, I'm reaching my second week and the head hunger is gone completely. I am eating Greek yogurt and thin creamed Soups, only about a half a cup or less at a time, 3 x's a day.

It gets better!

Have her get up and maybe go out to the mall or something for a light walk, or at least sit up in a chair to get that gas out.

She is going to feel better in about a week, though everybody is different.

All the best and congratulations to her!!!!!!

@@ssourgirl, Tell your daughter it gets better. The first few days will be painful and she won't feel like eating/drinking much however it's important to keep sipping liquids.

After a few days I got hungry and regretted my decision. I was constantly thinking about food but kept on sipping my fluids. Each day she will lose a pound, or every other day.

Eventually, I'm reaching my second week and the head hunger is gone completely. I am eating Greek yogurt and thin creamed Soups, only about a half a cup or less at a time, 3 x's a day.

It gets better!

Have her get up and maybe go out to the mall or something for a light walk, or at least sit up in a chair to get that gas out.

She is going to feel better in about a week, though everybody is different.

All the best and congratulations to her!!!!!!

Thank you! It's been one week today and she is starting to feel a little bit better. Every little bit counts. Last night she was really craving food, but as you said, it seems to be head hunger. She's not hungry per se, but wants food. She is still only drinking Water and watered down juice, crystal light etc. The thought of broth or Soup makes her nauseated but the thought of "real food" doesn't.

She's still in some pain and the nausea is now letting up but definitely still there. Hopefully each day will make it easier.