Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arkansas Bansters!!!

<p>I am so excited about tomorrow(my seminar). It may sound silly, but I can hardly wait. I have read on some of the messages that some doctors require a two week Protein pre-op diet. Can anyone tell me if Dr. Wellborn requires this and if so what kind of Protein Shake is the best to go with? Thanks so much! I am just wanting to get a head start.</p>

<p>I am so excited about tomorrow(my seminar). It may sound silly, but I can hardly wait. I have read on some of the messages that some doctors require a two week Protein pre-op diet. Can anyone tell me if Dr. Wellborn requires this and if so what kind of Protein shake is the best to go with? Thanks so much! I am just wanting to get a head start.</p>

he only requires a pre-op diet if your BMI is over 45. as far as what the pre-op diet entails, i am not sure.

leslie or tonya at the office are very helpful, and of course i suppose that you could ask tonight.

you will get a lot of info tonight at the seminar. he is an awesome doctor. my consult yesterday just confirmed my thoughts about him.

MOMMATHANG, since we are3 going to the same seminar tonight just wanted to let you know what I am wearing so you can find me: I am goingto wear an light orange button up with jeans and I have dark, dark brown hair...what are you wearing so I can find you?

Does anyone know what hospital Dr. Welborn is doing his surgery??

Thanks

SGACX

My name is Sherry, I am 52 and have a date of 10-10-2007. I live in Nevada County , Arkansas.

I will be having the band done using Dr. Hekier from Texarkana Texas.

I am exited, nervous, and dreading it all rolled into one.I am not looking forward to the two week pre-surgery diet.I don't like Slim Fast.

How did everyone get past the hungar? :hungry: What did you do when you have to cook for the family and are used to tasting to see if its seasoned enough and done and all the other things a mom does while cooking? I plan on either taking a walk while they eat and then throwing away left overs when they are done.

I have Blue Cross and have heard about how hard it is to get pre-approved so I was surprised to hear it had been approved on the first try.

I was a little upset with my medical doctor, he didn't write a letter for me, he said my medical records would speak for themself. I did have a letter from the Plumalogist that said he felt like the benefits out-weighed the risk. I have COPD.

Thanks for listening. 17 more days to banding...

Hi everyone. I have been banded for a total of 6 days today. If my scales are with the doctors at Precision Surgery in Texarkana I have gone from 236 to 215.

My stitches are starting to itch now, my hungar returned yesterday.I have returned to work for half a day, this makes it nice to own your business.

I went in on the 10th and had the surgery, along with a hernia repair.I was out by noon. The nurses gets you up and walking when you get back from recovery then you have to pee a little then its out the door.

My hungar never returned until day 5 post op. My stitches are itching except for the 2 larger ones.

I have Blue Cross of Arkansas, I had to be pre-approved for the surgery . you need to collect the past 5 years of medical records, need a letter from your doctor saying why you need surgery.Then its a waiting game, mine took 7 weeks from submit time to approval time. During the 5 years I had been to a diet doctor and did phentermine for 6 months straight, been on Curves, used Nutra System, did Weight Watchers, talked to my doctor every time I saw him about what to do next, he even put me on a diet pill which I lost 2 pounds, WOW, but it was during Christmas and like he said most people gain .

So if any of you are thinking about lap band and have insurance its well worth the wait for approval.

Here is a link to my before and after pictures, ugh....

MySpace.com - Jeannie - 52 - Female - Arkansas - www.myspace.com/can_not_drive_55

Thank you bandster I really appreciate the info. :Banane35:

SGACX, my boyfriend and I will be there and I will be wearing a purple shirt and black pants I have auburn hair.

See you tonight :Banane10:

Mammathang, I had a quick change of plans! I had a doctor's appointment the day of the seminar and he referred me to go to Dr. Baker in LR, so I skipped out on the other seminar. . .

That's cool. I really enjoyed the seminar. It was very informative and Dr. Wellborn is so nice and so is everyone in the office. I can't wait until December. I am starting a diet tomorrow to get some of this weight off before the surgery.

Hi everyone. I guess I should introduce Buffie. She's my sister-in-law and 95 percent of the reason why I'm getting my band done. I have seen her transform from a beautiful person into a beautiful, healthy, lively, happy, THIN person since being banded a year ago - all the things I want to be in a year's time as well. Thanks Buffie for everything!

Linda

P.S. Size 11!!! God, when was I that size, high school? Good for you!

I talked to Tonya at Dr. Wellborn's clinic the night of the seminar and she told me that they usually put the patients on a 2 week preop diet that consists of 800 calories. You can eat food not just liquids. I am wanting to be sure that my liver is smaller so that he there is a better chance of him being able to do it laprascopically, so I start mine two days ago. It's a change...LOL But not so bad. Weight Watchers and Lean Cuisine have some really good frozen meals. I honestly was shocked. Just wanted to update. How's everyone else doing????

Hope to hear from ya'll soon!

SGACX,

Sorry about the delay in responding, things have been busy.

I was banded by Dr. Luttrell Feb. 19, 2007 (down 70 lbs. -302 to 232 currently) and get my fills from him. So far 've only had one fill in July and will probably get another one sometime in Nov/Dec AFTER I get back from a cruise this month.

I think Dr. Luttrell may do aftercare fills for Mexican done patients on a case by case basis but the cost is significantly more because of the liability issues. I obviously can't speak for him and the above is based on just hearing him speak of handling a couple of such patients.

Hey there everyone! It's been kinda slow on the board the past couple of days. I am still pre-op dieting and kinda needing the stories that ya'll tell to keep me going through. I know it sounds cheesy. But the idea of my upcoming surgery and the idea that I could be thin one day has me on a rollercoaster of emotions. From what I have heard, this is normal also. I just look forward to reading how everyone is doing. Thanks!

Just found out today my consultation day is November 7. I am so excited!!!

Surgery's coming up in less than a week. Just wanted to test out my new siggy. Pretty cool!

Looks great~!!! Good Luck and be sure to keep us posted! :car:

Bandster-How are you doing???