Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op protein problems....

I have a question if anyone can advise me I'd appreciate it I had the sleeve two weeks ago today was discharged two days later had follow up on the monday six days after surgery i lost 15 lbs in a week surgeon says way too much come off Clear liquids and on full liquids and puréed which I did I lost another 15 lbs this week I feel awful since the Sunday after surgery I woke up feeling extremely weak and shaky can't seem to drink enough fluids Water tastes like metal anything with artificial sweeteners tastes godawful have no trouble eating of course not eating much but haven't felt nauseated or thrown up I'm using GENEPRO Protein powder I put in all food and Hot drinks doesn't seem to dissolve in cold drinks has anyone else felt this way? How long does it last does it get better? I can't even imagine trying to go back to work I can't drink every minute and do my job not that I could work in this condition tried calling drs office yesterday was put on hold for 10 mins no one came back on the line I hung up even if they asked me to come in at this point I don't feel strong enough to walk from where parking is to the building where the office is

It's not usual to feel tired this soon after surgery. This is why it is advised to take at least 2 weeks off. Some of us bounce back quickly, others don't. There really isn't anyway to tell beforehand. Hopefully you are still taking your Vitamins and supplements. If Protein powders are a challenge, focus on at least getting in your fluids. If you get dehydrated you will feel worse. Lastly keep calling your doctor's office. You need to touch base with him if you are feeling poorly.

Hi all. I am five days post op and I am getting so tired of broths and creams of Soup. I have been trying hard to sip throughout the day but I feel so "full". The one thing I can't get over is the noise my pouch makes with every bite I take. Help with any suggestions please.

The noises will go away eventually. Some tummies just like to gurgle.

Im 1 week post op today (surgery 3/2) and i am totally able to get in my 60oz of Water and i am also able to have my yogurts and puddings and ice pops! Im worried im able to do too much! Ive even began adding cheese and some pureed soups!! Am i doing something wrong? Everyone seems to have issues with eating and liquids and my tummys grumbling

You should be following your nutritionist recommended diet. If cheese and pureed Soups is on your menu then enjoy! I was having cheese and pureed Soups within the first 2 weeks because it was allowed on my full liquid stage. I have yet to have a problem eating/drinking anything.

GENEPRO is a joke. its a lie they tell you to use much less protein saying that their blend is like getting 30 grams of protein but they are saying that as if you cant absorb protein which isnt true so genepro right of is a very very bad idea it doesnt give you anywhere near enough protein which is probably why your body is starving itself along with dehydration. please do not rely on the genepro or at least put in three to four times as much as it calls for.

I agree Genepro appears to be using some sort of pseudo science. I know it's popular, but I would personally shy away from it.

Isopure is not very tasty alone, but you can mix it with something else. I have used Grape Frost, and Black Tea with Lemon. I do 1/2 bottle isopure (20 g Protein and 10oz fluids), with either Crytsal Light, or G2, another 10-12 oz fluids. I sip it all day, adding ice as I go. The Black Tea tastes the best, in my opinion. :)

I am one week post op also. I am adding unflavored Protein to my Soup and my Water with Crystal Light. It has been much easier than trying to drink one more shake.

Hi I had surgery on March 10 and i am getting in 64 ounces of liquid, and 3 Protein drinks i can do broth, kool-aid with ice, popcicles sf jellow. i don;t seem to be having any issues it bothers me that i am able to get all of this in when everyone else has problems. but i am sick of Protein shakes, jellow and broth. i go back to doctor on Tuesday. i'm full but with liquids. I had lap band removed Jan 6, 2015 and had sleeve revisions march 1. i was hoping to have restriction since my sleeve never worked

@@grandmasandy You will have restriction. Don't worry. A lot of people don't feel restriction when they are in the liquid phases. Once you move onto purees and soft foods, you WILL feel restriction. Also, remember that the surgery itself can do temporary damage to the nerves in your stomach so you may not FEEL full even though you are. That will heal up.

Protein Shakes are the DEVIL! . I don't care what kind, I'm so sick of them(see my post: I want MEAT!!) I'm really really trying but my stomach is saying no. No matter how slow I sip it fills me so muchthen the good old artificial sweeteners have me run to the bathroom like Usain Bolt in the Olympics...argh

On the "other" website a friend told me that a cup of shelled peanuts (when you're allowed to eat them) is 38 grams of Protein, so I try to eat those daily. I was also told about MetRx bars - I buy them at Walmart - recently ordered them on Amazon I think. they are around 35-40 grams of Protein, try to have one each day... by doing this, I don't worry all day about how to get the protein in. I also drink ProtiDiet drinks. They aren't bad at all - not too sweet. it comes as a packet of liquid that you pour into your Water. they are 15 grams of protein and 60 calories. you can get them at Dietshopz.com

Good luck.

On the "other" website a friend told me that a cup of shelled peanuts (when you're allowed to eat them) is 38 grams of Protein, so I try to eat those daily.

Not to disparage peanuts, because I eat them myself as an occasional snack if I don't have a refrigerator handy for cheese or yogurt, but a CUP of peanuts? Sure, it's 38g of Protein but it's also 828 calories and 72g of fat! sicne I only manage just over 1000 calories a day right now, that seems pretty extreme! Also, I was instructed not to eat nuts until 3 months post-op, but I know some people are allowed to eat them sooner.

I'm 2 week out today. I can't handle any more artificial sweeteners. They are giving me diarrhea so bad it's dehydrating me. I talked to my dr today and they told me to stop them as much as possible. I do drink one Quest shake a day to get 34 gr start. Of course good knows how much stays when I head to the bathroom. They are allowing me to start my 3rd week(eggs, cream of wheat ect) on Wednesday so in the mean time it's yogurt and peanut(for me almond) butter and such till then.

I'm 2 week out today. I can't handle any more artificial sweeteners. They are giving me diarrhea so bad it's dehydrating me. I talked to my dr today and they told me to stop them as much as possible. I do drink one Quest shake a day to get 34 gr start. Of course good knows how much stays when I head to the bathroom. They are allowing me to start my 3rd week(eggs, cream of wheat ect) on Wednesday so in the mean time it's yogurt and peanut(for me almond) butter and such till then.

It's entirely possible to do this without any artificial foods. I am allergic to artificial sweetners, stevia and food dyes to name just a few. I did best buying unflavored Protein powders.< /p>

Edited by BLERDgirl

I am taking my favorite Protein shake which is Advocare Mocha chocolate (24 g) and adding another scoop of unflavored Protein to it (24 g). So I am getting 2 48 g shakes while I work during the day. Then I will have a small meal with protein at night.

Jamie, I didn't know the caloric/fat content of peanuts, I was just told the Protein amount... pretty interesting, I think they will be a once and a while treat. Now what do I do with the 9 lbs of peanuts I have at home :)

Jamie, I didn't know the caloric/fat content of peanuts, I was just told the Protein amount... pretty interesting, I think they will be a once and a while treat. Now what do I do with the 9 lbs of peanuts I have at home :)

Eat them over the course of a year. :P

They can be pretty high in fat. However 1 ounce as an occasional snack, won't hurt. PB (nut butters) were allowed on my program from day 1. I could add ½ to 1 tbsp to my Protein shakes during my all liquid phase.

Really! :)