Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Waiting is driving me CRAZY!

The hoops are all jumped through. The package has been faxed to the insurance company, and I wait. OH I HATE TO WAIT! Almost every day at work someone (generally a boss) asks me....."got a date yet?" I know they are concerned for the business, and who's going to fill in for me while I'm off (and I will have that covered) And I think they are trying to appear interested and concerned about me too, I suppose. But the waiting is almost unbearable! ok. That's all I got. Have a great day everybody!

How long have you been waiting? Have you thought about calling? I waited ten days without word and i just couldnt sit thru another weekend of not knowing. Friday late afternoon i called BCBS and found out it had just been approved. My doctor doesnt even know yet. I wont get my date until my surgeon consult. Now i wait for the office to call and set that appt. At least i know its approved.

I am in the same boat. Patience is not my strong suit. I finished my last 6 month supervised nutrition/diet class. I had everything else done that I needed for insurance. The Des office said they would submit to insurance within the week. I already want to call to make sure it was submitted. I won't get a date until it is approved and then have another class where i meet the surgeon etc. I am ready to be on the healing/ losing side

So good to read others in my boat!! I have had my NUT visits, sleep study, psych eval, PCP and other MD fax 2 years of charts to my surgeon. The psych eval was that online/phone - supposed to have report to surgeon by Tuesday. Then they are going to submit. My office coordinator is not motivated to say the least. So I don't know if she will sit on everything for a week or more before she submits. Then my Medicare Advantage program says they do not cover the surgery. Then shen you call they say they do shen it's medically necessary. Hence the 2 years of documentation of a BMI greater than 35 and 2 comorbidities. But They are vague on the comorbid conditions. So I am really STRESSING!!!!! I am losing wright on my own but have gotten to this point before and always gain it back p,us more!

@WillieBoo It was faxed last week, Tuesday I think. I was told I should know something this week, and to call UHC Tuesday if I hadn't heard something. UHC only requires BMI over 40 (or 35 with 2 comorbids), use a Center of Excellence, and have documentation of a supervised Dr diet (no actual number of visits required), and psych clearance. I have it all. The EGD was done, no issues there. I did the 2 hour nutritionist class on the 25th of Feb. Been waiting since then. I think I'm probably only a day or two away from hearing if I am approved. But, I don't think there is any reason why I wouldn't be, based on the requirements. Anywho......gonna watch a movie or read a book or stalk the bariatricpal site to keep my mind off ME. lol Take care everyone!

I am just starting the whole process. I only went to the seminar and yesterday I went to a support group (required by my surgeon). I have my consult with him on Friday so am hoping to have a complete list and to be able to make appts/etc. They have a 2 month pre surgical weight maintenance requirement through the surgeons office so I am hoping that when i go to that viit that can be the start. I would love to have everything done by end of may and submitted to have surgery in June/july. I hope this week goes fast. There is a list on my portal of his website, a checklist and there arent a lot of steps. He require a pre surgery exercise class that I will attend this month, the psych, and nut visit. I was told that at my consult he may want me to complete other steps.

I have UHC and I found out before my doctor's office did. I got a letter in the mail saying I was approved about 1 1/2 weeks after it was submitted.

@WillieBoo It was faxed last week, Tuesday I think. I was told I should know something this week, and to call UHC Tuesday if I hadn't heard something. UHC only requires BMI over 40 (or 35 with 2 comorbids), use a Center of Excellence, and have documentation of a supervised Dr diet (no actual number of visits required), and psych clearance. I have it all. The EGD was done, no issues there. I did the 2 hour nutritionist class on the 25th of Feb. Been waiting since then. I think I'm probably only a day or two away from hearing if I am approved. But, I don't think there is any reason why I wouldn't be, based on the requirements. Anywho......gonna watch a movie or read a book or stalk the bariatricpal site to keep my mind off ME. lol Take care everyone!

Sounds like we might be following the same timeline. I am hoping for a early-mid April date. How about you?

Congrats for being approved. It is such a looooooooooooooong process. I started my first consult in Oct 2014, and got approved at the end of Feb, after I got approved, I then went in the medical review queue, than the insurance queue, and then the scheduling queue. Finally got my date for 3/30! Now I am just waiting for that. It has been a long journey, I am a bit nervous, but ready to start my new life! I also needed 100 + hours on my CPAP prior to scheduling and when I got approved I was about 50 so that was a little delay too. I need 200 prior to surgery, but as of this morning I am 205!

Congrats!

OMG!!!! My stuff was submitted on Feb. 19th. I have not heard anything yet and it is driving me crazy. The only thing I have left to do is my EGD and the surgery itself. I am so ready!!! Maybe I will call BC/BS tomorrow because this waiting is painful.

Congrats! I was just wondering how your journey to insurance approval was going. I haven't seen you post lately. I have UHC too. My date is April 20. Let us know when you get yours.