Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is my One Year Survigersary! My story & pics @ 135 lbs lost so far.

(sorry about the atrocious typo in the title >.<. "SURGIVERSARY"!)

I'm sitting her reminiscing about my surgery day. I remember so clearly the emotions that I was feeling. I was not scared in the least. I was so READY. I did have a bit of anxiety, as anyone who is about to go under the knife would have, but was never scared. Waking up from the surgery was one of the biggest sighs of relief that I have ever taken. It's over with! I'm alive! Yeah I feel like crap, but I "feel" AMAZING! I only had to stay one night in the hospital.

Recovery after surgery was typical. I took 3 weeks off of work which I felt every day was needed. Pain was manageable and I didn't take any pain meds at home. I also never threw up, and still have not thrown up once since surgery.

I followed all of the stages to a 'T'. It took six months to lose 100 lbs.

I've had the best, most ideal experience with the sleeve and I am so thankful for that. As of today, one year out, I am down 135 lbs. I am smaller then I was in high school by about 40-50 lbs. I think I was this weight in elementary school, no joke.

I have been at this weight since November, though. I've been maintaining around 3 months, which is fine.

I do want to mention that I lost a lot of hair. At least half of what I had is gone. Seems like more but probably not. So now I have very thin, fine hair. I'm ok with it though, as it is already growing back. I feel like I look like Elvira at the moment because all the new stuff sticks straight up. I have to hairspray it back down lol. I still lose a little in the shower, but as far as losing hair by the handfulls, that part is over.

I do have lose skin. It isn't terrible, but very noticeable. I look good with clothes on and that's it. My next goal is to start working on toning, to see if it makes any difference.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Stats:

Height: 5'9"
HW: 320

CW: 185

GW: 170

Pics:

Before:

300+ lbs

300+ lbs

Day of surgery:

Day of surgery

Today, one year out:
post-162098-0-87390300-1425591971_thumb.jpg

post-162098-0-01636200-1425591973_thumb.jpg

I will update this evening with more pics as I am at work right now.

Edit:

Here's a pic I took this evening. I have always dreamed of taking picture like this! This is me in my size 22's that I used to wear all the time pre-op. In fact, I think I'm wearing them in the picture above (the one in the pink shirt.) I wear a size 8 now.

post-162098-0-10446700-1425618232_thumb.jpg

:D

Edited by sleevie.wonder

Good for you! You look fantastic!

Wow, you have done very well! Congratulations!

Yay! Thank you for sharing! Fabulous job!

In the words of the Billy Crystal charector--can't remember his name:

"YOU LOOK FAB-UUUU-LL-OOOUUSSSS"

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your hard won success-- you look terrific!

Awesome job! Go, you!!

Wow!!!

You look like from 'the text book of gastric sleeve' you look amazing and your hair looks great, if you hadn't mentioned I would I have even commented saying 'lovely hair' now i gotta add... 'Gorgeous hair'

I have my surgery in 5 days... And I m getting all worked up, seems a lot of emotions I m going thru.....

You just motivated me a whole lot???? Thankyou for sharing????

Wow!!!

You look like from 'the text book of gastric sleeve' you look amazing and your hair looks great, if you hadn't mentioned I would I have even commented saying 'lovely hair' now i gotta add... 'Gorgeous hair'

I have my surgery in 5 days... And I m getting all worked up, seems a lot of emotions I m going thru.....

You just motivated me a whole lot Thankyou for sharing

Hey thanks! Makes me feel a little better about my hair. I am pretty self-conscious about it lol.

I wish you the best of luck during your journey. If you happen to have the "why did I do this??" thought after surgery, just remind yourself of exactly that: why you did. This surgery is an amazing tool that WORKS. It may not be easy, but holy cow is it worth it. The best bit of advice I can give you is to never lose sight of why you are doing this, and to never let yourself get off track, because it's easier than you might think. You will do great :)

Awesome Job!!! ????

I can't wait to have the same pictures. I was a 22/24. I've been dieting and counting calories on my own while completing the insurance requirement. Ive lost 41lbs on my own and am a 20 now. I'm still a ways out from surgery (Oct 2015). I really worry about the hair loss. I have thin hair now ????

Congratulations on your success! You look terrific.

I hope to have your results. We have the same stats

Height weight ect

You look amazing and the loose skin is so not noticeable!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your story!