Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Ladies, I am so glad i found this post. I was sleeved on 3/2. I have been great post op. Feel great...returned to work in 9 day. First time on the scale was 1 wk post op. I was down 10lb, within a few days i was down 4 more lbs. That was over a week ago and i have been driving myself crazy... I keep telling myself to be patient but it help to know i am not the only one.

My husband and I were both sleeved on March 3rd. Both of us are doing good and taking it one day at a time.

weight.png

I have been doing really well the past few days. But today I tried to go back and have a Protein Drink instead of food and I couldn't stomach it. It was bizarre. All of the sudden it's like I can't take them anymore. I was sick all day from it. I guess that I'll stick with turkey roll ups for quick Protein Snacks. Anyone else having a problem holding down the Protein Drinks? It's tough for me to get in the 60 grams and I'm at a stall already. I lost like 17 lbs. with in the first week and then nadda!

post-249338-0-31161100-1426739699_thumb.png

Edited by Doodlerah

Is anyone's equalibruim off

Both my husband and I are dealing with that issue! I'm unsure if it's the lack of calories or the fact that we're shrinking in odd places. I feel like a clumsy teenager some days.

@@Doodlerah I know I feel the same lol. I think it may be blood pressure. I had high blood pressure and I'm still taking my pills. I will call my doctor today and see what he says.

I have read about so many problems ppl are having and I feel weird that I haven't had any issues at all. I have lost over 30 and I'm only 2 weeks post op. I'm not really ever hungry and I find myself eating out of boredom. At what point does the quick weight loss stop?

My doctor said the first six months are turbo, the next 6 months fast, the third six months slower... And after 18 months the body figured out you changed the rules... So get as much as you can while you can especially if you have a lot to lose!

I've experienced something very different than a lot of you. I spent 3 nights in the hospital. Was supposed to be 2 but I had a little complication from the anesthesia. I had Jello and broth while there. The day I got home I was immediately able to have purees. I was thrilled. I had a 1 week checkup with the dietician and surgeon and got the ok to move to soft foods. So soft chicken, a little string cheese, a few noodles. It's been so nice to have that variety. I removed the tape on my incisions yesterday and was really surprised to see my surgeon had glued my incisions closed. Too cool. I had my surgery done at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. Very impressed.

@@natalievsg and @madmax68- I was sleeved 3/2 and left the hospital 11 pounds heavier. Yesterday I went for my 2 week post op appt. I have lost 5 pounds from the weight I was day of surgery. I said to the Dr I thought I would have lost more and he said I'm right where I should be. I guess we just have to be patient after all we didn't gain all that weight overnight.

update: i was sleeved Mar.4 ( so im about 2 1/2 weeks out) my 2 week post op the surgeon advanced me to purees, and advanced my exercise ability a little...Im taking in about 400 cal a day but exercising and burning about 200-300 cal out of that..im finding that if i keep up my Protein to at least the minimum 60g and get all of my Water in my weight loss seems to be a little better and the surgeon said if i could up my Protein to the 80g level and get my carbs around 40 while still taking in my full Water it will greatly improve my loss, along with a little resistance training and very light weights while doing my moderate cardio walking..in 3 more weeks they will be upping my exercise program to include weight training as muscle burns more fat at this point because VSGers arent taking in enough calories in the beginning especially for cardio/calorie burning to really do a lot for weight loss.

Good things to note, I've finally gotten over feeling uncomfortably full and sloshy from all of the liquid im trying to force down. I feel like Ive got so much more energy this week. And my weight loss is staying pretty steady pre op diet weight 269, surgery day weight 256, today weight 239.6, and i seem to be losing about 1.5-2 lbs every 2 days at this point, I would def. like to see it higher but then i look at the fact that im losing a little over a lb a day at this point, and that's more than i did before..my surgeon says the biggest weight loss is the first month, if i keep this up i could lose 30 lbs in 30 days..wow, that would feel so good to get an extra 30 yucky lbs off me..gotta stay positive :)

Hey everyone! I was sleeved 3/16 and discharged 3/17 around 3pm. First 3 days post op was tough, I am also taking care of my two kids, a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 month old which I'm sure is adding to everything, but today post op day 4 ( I count the day I was sleeved) I am doing really well! I was tired as hell the first 3 days, I would nap on and off with my grandmas help during the day and as soon as my husband got home, I was K.O. And pretty useless lol. Pain was there but not too bad, I just had to take it easy. No nausea, but gas was my main enemy!

1 thing that made things worse for me was the super strong narcotics, I have a high pain tolerance and I'm extremely sensitive to medicine (I'll doze off taking DayQuil ????) first night in hospital they were pumping me full of hydromorphone and I couldn't get more than 25 minutes of sleep at a time when I could sleep, I was high as a kite lol. It's funny now but it was the most miserable time for me! Once I was home I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine and i couldn't tolerate it so I called my doc and was told to discontinue and take Tylenol 500mgs. That works like a charm for me and today I haven't taken any!

Fluids have been my first priority, it seems the more fluids I get the better I feel and the more energy I have, trying to stay away from dehydration! At first Water was the only thing I could tolerate, I tried adding Isopure -no go! Now I can tolerate everything in the first liquid stage, I am so ready to move to full liquids, but refuse to stray from the plan :)

I'm down 11lbs and the scale keeps moving, but I know it will slow as I progress in to richer and denser foods.

It's nice to have a place to talk to others that don't require a long drawn out explanation of ur situation!

Anyways that's how I'm doin :)

Hi! Sleeved on 3/16. Miserable night in the hospital, but it didn't have anything to do with my surgery so I'll skip that part. Now, I'm at home. The pain was bad the first night home so I didn't sleep well. Once I got on Hycet, I slept like a baby and woke up feeling great. It's been a few days, and I'm starting to be able to get in a full shake, but. I can't seem to get all the pills down! Vitamins, Prilosec, Iron, Calcium, allergy meds, blood pressure meds, it just feels never ending! But I'm down over six pounds!

Just want to share! I hit the 30lbs loss today! I am 10 days post op. 17lbs in preop diet and 13lbs since surgery!

I see surgeon and NUT next Thursday for my 2 week post op and then will be able to start purée/soft foods! Egg salad, chicken salad, crockpot lemon pepper chicken is all on the approved sheet! I really can't wait! I'm really over the Protein shakes and soups!

Ok... Help! I am doing ok with food, but the Protein shakes... I'm having a hard time finding the best way to make them so they taste decent... It's not like I can hold my nose and gulp 6 oz down at once. I have unflavored, pumpkin, banana, white choc raspberry, summer melon, and a pomegranate raspberry... I've been trying it with almond milk... Maybe I just need water... Uggh, such a learning curve!