Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok... Help! I am doing ok with food, but the Protein shakes... I'm having a hard time finding the best way to make them so they taste decent... It's not like I can hold my nose and gulp 6 oz down at once. I have unflavored, pumpkin, banana, white choc raspberry, summer melon, and a pomegranate raspberry... I've been trying it with almond milk... Maybe I just need water... Uggh, such a learning curve!

you can try it with Water, it sometimes helps..also, fat free milk is usually a lil easier on the tummy i was told and it has bonus protein, so you dont have to try to get in as much. Im assuming by the flavors you're using powders, i was too and couldnt stand them..the only powder i could handle was Unjury brand but you have to order it online. If you live somewhere near a Walmart you may want to try a brand called Premier Protein, they are ready made...theyre 11 oz, so ive had to do 2 oz every 15 min, sipping slowly, but theyre 30g of protein and taste decent cold. Also, my Nut told me it's the smell of the powders that's making me gag on them..so she told me to get cups from like the gas station for the soda fountain that has the little "x" in the lid and use those with a straw and you wont smell it as much, so they are easier to get down. But if you're going to do that may i suggest a powder from Max Muscle, i believe they are called Max Pro, many flavors and it only takes 4-6 oz of water/milk and its 30 grams of protein, so much less to have to get down

Just want to share! I hit the 30lbs loss today! I am 10 days post op. 17lbs in preop diet and 13lbs since surgery!

I see surgeon and NUT next Thursday for my 2 week post op and then will be able to start purée/soft foods! Egg salad, chicken salad, crockpot lemon pepper chicken is all on the approved sheet! I really can't wait! I'm really over the Protein shakes and soups!

Congratulations! that is wonderful progress on your new life journey!Keep up the great work

Edited by duffslove

Hello, all. This is my first post. I recently found this app and I am so glad I did. I was sleeved March 11th with Dr Jawad and am doing well so far. The first days home from the hospital consisted of pain meds, sleeping, sipping small amounts and a lot of slow walking around my house. The walking helped so much with gas and getting bowels started. I wore fitted undies to hold in some of the belly skin that felt heavy while I walked. This was a huge help! Also the first few days my reading vision was blurry... No FB or texting for me. But now I'm past that stage I feel much better.

I have not had nausea except for when I take my Vitamins. I was able to walk it off the first time but last night threw it up. I was extremely scared to vomit this early on but once it came up I was ok. I'm going to try them again once I've gotten to the puréed food stage.

Has anyone else had trouble like this with Vitamins? Maybe my stomach is just too empty to tolerate the chewable vitamins. I am 13lbs down and feel excited for the road ahead. :)

Edited by sandytoes3

I had my surgery the 17th. My left shoulder hurt more then anything. I went home late on the 18th. I had no nausea they gave me a patch behind my ear day of surgery. Everything went well until today. I'm

At a standstill. Stuck with getting in enough fluids and Protein. I'm trying. Nothing sounds good to me. Nothing I crave to eat I can eat. I'm hungry. I just am overwhelmed and frustrated. Good thing is there is basically no pain I haven't thrown up and I'm able to walk around and keep up with the household.

Be patient and explore lots of options. I found Soup by bariatrix 15g Protein and taste great. Go to your local vitamen shoppe.... lots of high Protein Drinks with a variety of flavors. Good luck. .. it's get better from here. Look into a go post bariatric cook book too... lots of great high protein recipes.

Eating well after bariatric surgery. .. great cookbook... breaks it down by weeks post op and type of procedure. Right now flavors over volume seems to keep me going!

I had my surgery the 17th. My left shoulder hurt more then anything. I went home late on the 18th. I had no nausea they gave me a patch behind my ear day of surgery. Everything went well until today. I'm

At a standstill. Stuck with getting in enough fluids and Protein. I'm trying. Nothing sounds good to me. Nothing I crave to eat I can eat. I'm hungry. I just am overwhelmed and frustrated. Good thing is there is basically no pain I haven't thrown up and I'm able to walk around and keep up with the household.

Stay strong. You worked hard to be able to have the surgery. You got through the pain and the fatigue of recovery. You need to keep your strength and energy up. So even though things don't sound appealing they are your fuel. Try Isopure for protein and put it on ice if you don't love it. I found the banana, orange, pineapple to have hints of those actual fruits and I think it's the best of the bunch. Focus on getting as close to the targets as you can. This won't last forever. But right now stick with getting the fuel that will keep you healthy AND produce the results I'm sure you want badly. You can do this.

Have you explored warm protein and fluids? I know that plain Water was sitting real heavy for me the first 2 weeks, was very tired of just plain water, so my Nut gave me a sample of Unjury chicken Soup broth protein, not a bad flavor and it was something different that helped me through. Also, unflavored Protein Powder is a nice break in warm Decaf tea or decaf coffee ( as well as chocolate Unjury , taste like a diet latte ) I also added Mio and Powerade Zero to help with variety in my fluids. Its tough to keep your body fueled with limited choices but honestly, it goes fast. Im not quite 3 weeks post op, I've been advanced to purees (yes, i actually did a happy dance about that after my 2 week post op visit) and next week soft solids, and im still "drinking" my meals quite often cuz my sleeve is still quite swollen feeling and it feels better with fat free cream soup and yogurt. but i do get in some puree foods as my tummy tolerates it. Enough to stop my craving for "real food" but not to feel sick. Hang in there, it wont be too much longer.

Madmax68 I'm having the same issue , but I did lower my Protein intake. I just a purchased this Asian yogurt at costco called Tarte (normally can be bought at Whole Foods) the protein is 12g per serving, super creamy, light, and it doesn't have the sour tartness of Greek yogurt. I can't stand the shakes anymore!

Hi,

I was sleeved on the 23/3 as well as my mum.

Having a lot of gas pain and a little stomach pain which is going into my shoulder. Walking seems to help some. Kinda feel like I've been punched in my side.

God I hope it gets better! Been having broth, Water, apple juice and black tea. I also has a ice pole but I'm not sure that sat to well.

Let me know if anyone has any tips to get past this! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Gasx helps

Cream of tomatoe Soup settles well. . Check out bariatrix soups...15g Protein. .yummy!