Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the VIP Member Lounge!

Welcome to the VIP Member Lounge! I want to personally thank you for becoming a BariatricPal VIP member. Your membership helps keep BariatricPal running so it can be here for everyone who needs help in their weight loss surgery journeys.

This forum is your place to fly under the radar. Non-Premium BariatricPal members can’t access this forum, and search engines don’t see this forum. It’s your private place to hang out. Talk about weight loss surgery or just relax with the other VIP members. I want you to think of this forum as your private lounge.

Of course, your membership also gives you a few more benefits.

Everyone on this forum is a die-hard BariatricPal fan, so you’re in good company. We want you to feel comfortable posting whatever’s on your mind and getting into some good discussions here. This is your place!

Thanks for supporting BariatricPal. Your VIP membership lets BariatricPal stay strong and look to the future. Enjoy the VIP Forums, and please feel free to contact me anytime!

Thank you for setting this up for us...I really believe it will be a real benefit as well. Getting to know those ones better is a real hope for me as well....

TY Alex! :)

Maybe some of the Veterans will be posting more , hopefully the trolls & bullies & negative people won't find this & maybe some of the older Veterans will post from time to time , I know I have met some GREAT people on the Band site since I started this journey & I'm still here even though it will be 3 years but for me it Does really help me .

Thanks, Alex....

Thanks, Alex! Looking forward to seeing what happens here in The Lounge...

Thanks Alex! I am excited to see this new forum and what it has to offer.

Where have all the people gone who I met on here when I was going through my pre-op and then surgery? Not to mention after? Did they lose energy to be here or did they go for no reason. Some of the hosts you rarely see anymore.

I really wonder if that is going to happen to me someday. That I will no longer be here to help others or be helped myself! I know that is my choice but they had a wonderful way about them.

I miss a lot of those folks!!!!!

Jane

Where have all the people gone who I met on here when I was going through my pre-op and then surgery? Not to mention after? Did they lose energy to be here or did they go for no reason. Some of the hosts you rarely see anymore.

I really wonder if that is going to happen to me someday. That I will no longer be here to help others or be helped myself! I know that is my choice but they had a wonderful way about them.

Jane

Wish there was a way of preventing members from leaving :P It's the nature of forums and the internet and life in general. People come and people go. I miss them too.

OK since this is the VIP room , I went to the Wlsfa Meet & Greet with Carnie Wilson 2015 That Alex Brecher had informed us about , so I will flood this & other places if you people don't mind because it was informative & a great time Even the sponsors were great & lots to do at these , I even got a LOT of Protein & sugar free or gluten free stuff & I won a poster in a raffle , & met SO many people there is always something to talk about at one point I was even thinking about getting a free consultation from one of the Plastic surgeons that were there but I still want these last 30#s that I want off, not my surgeon but me , my band surgeon is satisfied with my results.

Yes , Carnie Wilson , One of the Lady's from the show My 600lb life & one of the guy's from Real World & Road Rule challenges THE MAN ! WHO invented the Lapland The twins from either the show My BARIATRIC life or 600 lb life & The Man in the yellow tie & suit is on the Bariatric pal site , these are just some of the people I got to meet .

post-139624-14289455878056_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289456145558_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289456397448_thumb.jpg

post-139624-1428945663593_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289456851808_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289457102409_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289457314389_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289457550498_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289457861952_thumb.jpg

post-139624-1428945815303_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289458459616_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289458771051_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289459032121_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289459400079_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289459925036_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14289460266753_thumb.jpg

It is lovely to see the lady from my 600 lb life. She looks awesome too :)

OK since this is the VIP room , I went to the Wlsfa Meet & Greet with Carnie Wilson 2015 That Alex Brecher had informed us about , so I will flood this & other places if you people don't mind because it was informative & a great time Even the sponsors were great & lots to do at these , I even got a LOT of Protein & sugar free or gluten free stuff & I won a poster in a raffle , & met SO many people there is always something to talk about at one point I was even thinking about getting a free consultation from one of the Plastic surgeons that were there but I still want these last 30#s that I want off, not my surgeon but me , my band surgeon is satisfied with my results.

Yes , Carnie Wilson , One of the Lady's from the show My 600lb life & one of the guy's from Real World & Road Rule challenges THE MAN ! WHO invented the Lapland The twins from either the show My BARIATRIC life or 600 lb life & The Man in the yellow tie & suit is on the Bariatric pal site , these are just some of the people I got to meet .

Thanks for sharing! I was really disappointed that I couldn't make it to the event this year. I most definitely will be joining next year.

You and me both @@Alex Brecher - anyhow I'm still here. I've been here longer than most. *shrugs*

Jane

Hey Jane,

I have so greatly relied on this forum for camaraderie, and to help keep me focused. It's really been wonderful. But lately I've been finding things slowing down, and as there is anywhere in life, some people are getting on my nerves, lol! So, I made a conscious decision to back off the boards a little.

I used to wonder why people didn't stay around long. I didn't know how they could lose interest, or how they could possibly succeed in maintaining their weight without BP! But now that time has gone on for me, I'm starting to see what maybe they saw. Newbies who might be a little over zealous, have an opinion or idea that they want to force on others, people who have seen the light and now KNOW IT ALL, people who split hairs and find reason to disagree, and those who love to stir others up. The same topics over and over, and after a while, it's just more of the same. Maybe that's why some enjoy the controversy? I have a pretty stressful job, and I just want some peace in my free time!

So, I think @@Alex Brecher is right. It's the way these forums are. People come and go for a variety of reasons. Some just go quietly, others just drift away, and others leave making a dramatic exit. I don't think there's a way to prevent it. Adding the vets forum was good, and there are a few of us who post there routinely. This lounge is good, too. After all....I saw it and it dragged me back in ;)

Jane

Hey Jane,

I have so greatly relied on this forum for camaraderie, and to help keep me focused. It's really been wonderful. But lately I've been finding things slowing down, and as there is anywhere in life, some people are getting on my nerves, lol! So, I made a conscious decision to back off the boards a little.

I used to wonder why people didn't stay around long. I didn't know how they could lose interest, or how they could possibly succeed in maintaining their weight without BP! But now that time has gone on for me, I'm starting to see what maybe they saw. Newbies who might be a little over zealous, have an opinion or idea that they want to force on others, people who have seen the light and now KNOW IT ALL, people who split hairs and find reason to disagree, and those who love to stir others up. The same topics over and over, and after a while, it's just more of the same. Maybe that's why some enjoy the controversy? I have a pretty stressful job, and I just want some peace in my free time!

So, I think @@Alex Brecher is right. It's the way these forums are. People come and go for a variety of reasons. Some just go quietly, others just drift away, and others leave making a dramatic exit. I don't think there's a way to prevent it. Adding the vets forum was good, and there are a few of us who post there routinely. This lounge is good, too. After all....I saw it and it dragged me back in ;)

Yes well I think it has been a sort of injustice to some newbies who did not have the folks that were there for me. I rarely look at the vets forum. I guess I think that the newbies need more help then the oldsters....look at me eh.....only 3 years on here and feel like an oldster..lol

I agree with a lot of what you said. I'm glad your still here @@MichiganChic . I owe a lot to some of these people on here for my success so far. It is hard to walk away when others gave so much of themselves to me.....

:)

I'm a little confused. If I see this thread does that mean I'm a VIP member? Glad to be here.