Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY STILL NAUSEOUS

Can someone please tell me WHY after over 2 months I am still getting nauseous? Not every day like in the beginning, but al least once or twice per week. I wake up with a sour stomach and nausea. And, I'm like that the entire day. I literally have to force myself to drink my Water and my PRO drinks (can't eat food at all) Even the smell of food makes me sick.

I googled your problem and found:

"Nausea and vomiting is reported in a small percentage of Gastric Sleeve patients."

I think you should call your doctor and discuss this. It's probably nothing serious, but you should let him confirm that.

Feel better soon.

I googled your problem and found:

"Nausea and vomiting is reported in a small percentage of Gastric Sleeve patients."

I think you should call your doctor and discuss this. It's probably nothing serious, but you should let him confirm that.

Feel better soon.

Ok, I will. Thank you.

I spent my entire second month nauseous every single day. When I'd had enough I called my surgeon who gave me zofran. Oddly (mind over matter?) the nausea stopped that day. I was very nauseous in the hospital. I hope you get relief soon.

I'M 9 WEEKS OUT AND JUST BEGINNING TO HAVE NAUSEA AND VOMITING. HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT, VERY SCARED. HOW ARE YOU DOING NOW @@Praiseiii ?

Hi. I'm doing much better now. With my situation,I contacted my surgeon who advised me to take antacids. I also take Protonix which is the strongest prescription proton pump inhibitor on market. I still have nausea from time to time AND when I do I take Zofran. He also told m not to eat heavier food at night and before bed. Hang in there and good luck on your journey.

It's funny that this was a topic of conversation at my support group meeting tonight! I usually get very nauseous in the morning right after I take my first sips of Water. Well, the nurse told us it is because the stomach contracts during the night, with nothing in it all night. So when the water hits it, it kinda goes into shock - like a slap in the face! She suggested to take a couple of small sips of warm to hot water, so it's not such a shock. And then, when you have the first meal of the day, to eat something soft for the first few bites, to kinda "prime" the stomach for the harder textures to come. Makes sense, huh?! I'm definitely going to try this in the morning! And good evening to all...

I've been nauseous since week 3, it's being treated successfully with carafate. It was explained that there is a small percentage of patients who have nausea on up to 6 months, I guys I fall in that category. Dr says its kinda like gastritis, thus the carafate, coats my stomach. Tried to go off it last week and was miserable, so back on.

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS FOR MORNING NAUSEA???

for me, I have found that I have to take Prilosec daily ... if not, I get enough heart burn that feels like nausea at times ... as long as I keep that going regularly, stay hydrated - the nausea isn't too bad ... I am 4 months out, but, there are still times when I get nauseous ... Phenergan or Zofran helps for those times ... otherwise, you may want to look at what you are eating ... I am now lactose intolerant and some Protein supplements have enough milk Proteins to give you some nausea ... you may want to check that out

I have a standing prescription for promethazine for rough days like this. I am 5 months out, and I have accepted that I'll always have spells of nausea, honestly I was a pukey person to begin with. Now with the promethazine (I'm allergic to zofran) I take one pill when the spell starts so I don't spend the whole day nauseous. I get on with my day and can eat and drink like normal.

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm getting nauseous fairly regularly now. It's a bummer. Sometimes I feel nauseous because of what I ate and sometimes I feel nauseous because I haven't eaten. Trying to look for patterns, but not really finding them. I have my six week post-op appointment so I will talk to my doctor.

It's funny that this was a topic of conversation at my support group meeting tonight! I usually get very nauseous in the morning right after I take my first sips of Water. Well, the nurse told us it is because the stomach contracts during the night, with nothing in it all night. So when the Water hits it, it kinda goes into shock - like a slap in the face! She suggested to take a couple of small sips of warm to hot water, so it's not such a shock. And then, when you have the first meal of the day, to eat something soft for the first few bites, to kinda "prime" the stomach for the harder textures to come. Makes sense, huh?! I'm definitely going to try this in the morning! And good evening to all...

Oh wow, that's probably why i feel nauseous when I drink ice cold water and I use to love ice cold water. However, my pouch does not. So, now I have to drink tepid water. Good info, TY.

for me, I have found that I have to take Prilosec daily ... if not, I get enough heart burn that feels like nausea at times ... as long as I keep that going regularly, stay hydrated - the nausea isn't too bad ... I am 4 months out, but, there are still times when I get nauseous ... Phenergan or Zofran helps for those times ... otherwise, you may want to look at what you are eating ... I am now lactose intolerant and some Protein supplements have enough milk Proteins to give you some nausea ... you may want to check that out

This is true about the shakes. I had to switch from the ones with milk pro to the ones for the lactose intolerant.

I had nausea for the 1st 5 months post op...not every day, but a few times per wk. I took the meds religiously and chewed tums ,eventually it faded away