Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What irritates your sleeve?

I think my sleeve will be very picky. I can tolerate half a cup of Soup, no chunks, that's it. But I'm still only 2 weeks post. I enjoy not wanting food but being a foodie, my minds tries to trick me. I'm 2 weeks post op and down 30 pounds. Feeling good :)

had a small piece of a croissant, like about a very very small bite and it felt like granite in my stomach, lesson learned, oh and beef thats not ground sits like a brick. Everything else im okay with unless i eat to fast then....well heck I deserve that lol.

I am 16 months out and my sleeve pretty much hates everything to some extent. For the most part I can have literally a bite or two of anything, but after that any fats or sugars lead to barfing pretty quickly. As long as I eat very small bites and very small amounts, I can tolerate breads, rice, and sometimes chicken. My sleeve has decided it hates most forms of fish (although tuna in the can seems to be ok) as well as steak. The only things that my sleeve will almost always tolerate is turkey chili from Panera, most low fat crackers, most tomato-based Soups, and most broth based Soups (as long as there is no cheese, like French Onion soup).

I don't really mind that I have a picky sleeve- it keeps me from eating things that I shouldn't and I feel like as of this point I would likely be eating small amounts of bad food again, so puking near instantly serves as a good deterrent.

I'm 3 weeks out and can't handle cheese, mushed fish (salmon) or cottage cheese. I can only do maybe 2 oz of anything at a time and I'm so full it hurts. I have no appetite so really have to force myself to eat. Am tired of flavored drinks like Crystal light. Found room tempature milk is the best for me. However, today I had an iced tea and it was wonderful! I know, no caffiene, but had to do it in order to get something down! :)

Jazmundo, this may sound gross, but I'm not hungry either, but do miss the taste and texture. Went to McDonald's the other day and bought a $1 cheeseburger. Chewed it up and spit it out in the bag without ever swallowing. I just miss the taste of the meat, pickles, bread, ketchup and mustard! Told my hubby it was the best $1.08 ever spent! :)

Sugar. Can't have anything with sugar without getting nauseous. Let's hope it lasts forever.

Now that I'm 20 mths post op, nothing but sorbitol (read:sugar alcohols) messes with my stomach. In the beginning, I found more than 2 bites of ice cream (and yes, I'm hard headed. Took a few tests to come to that conclusion) and I was writhing in pain. Now, unfortunately, I can eat a small scoop.

But the low calorie/low carb coffee frappe at my fav coffee shop has me in the bathroom, feeling like I want to die. I KNOW it must have sorbitol. Same with Atkins bars. I'm not an Atkins fan but hubby is and there's always bars hanging around. Occasionally I'll eat 1. Just 1 and I'm ok. If i try more than 1 bite of 1, I pay for it for about 4 hrs. I guess it keeps the Constipation away!

Haven't found anything else that hurts my stomach. I do know what my sliders are: popcorn, chips, crackers, yogurt, and sometimes, Cookies. Depends what kind they r. Can't eat more than 1 homemade cookie but I can eat 5 Girl Scout Samoas. And popcorn; I can eat my weight in.

Hope ur feeling better and take my advice: Don't push ur tummy. U will regret it eventually if u learn that ice cream doesnt hurt! Wish I still thought it hurt me! Instead I pushed the envelope till it no longer hurt. Now i regret it!

Take care!

I had a horrible time with eggs for like six months. Still can't do rice over a year out

Jazmundo, this may sound gross, but I'm not hungry either, but do miss the taste and texture. Went to McDonald's the other day and bought a $1 cheeseburger. Chewed it up and spit it out in the bag without ever swallowing. I just miss the taste of the meat, pickles, bread, ketchup and mustard! Told my hubby it was the best $1.08 ever spent! :)

I love you

I have a tough sleeve! Other then 1 dumping and vomiting episode 2 days after I came home from the hospital I've been fine. The only thing I have to watch is eating too fast or too much. Both too fast and too much food causes me pain. All I have to do is stop if its too much or eat slower. I even had some pasta- whole wheat macaroni today without a problem. I was sleeved 12/29/2014.

So far anything goes with me :( I'm almost 3 months out and have never vomited or slimed. 4-5 issues of dumping and have no clues what caused that.

Now that I can eat solids, that is where the work comes In to break the old habits.

It is super hard for me. One day at a time. No problem with losing thought, 61 lbs gone :)

I've never been sick but gotten really nauseaus from plain old romaine lettuce for some weird reason 3 occasions. I know I'm a slow learner! Also, don't do well with mayo, sugar free hot chocolate, or a slice of pizza I got into a fight with :)

I'm almost 4 months and I can't tolerate yogurt, milk, oranges, and really anything BAD. I was already lactose intolerant Pre op and now post op I'm worse.

I can't tolerate hamburgers and Pasta, usually w/in the first bite or two I am in pain.

HW 357

SW 315

CW 261