Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not trying to lose anymore weight, but still coming off...

Since I normally post in the "band to bypass" thread I'll try to make a long story short lol.

I had the lapband put in on 2.22.10

Band was removed and bypass revision was done on 8.1.14 due to band slipping and not being able to eat solid foods for months.

Starting weight for band was 277, starting weight for bypass was 213.

I had my 6 month appointment on the 3rd with my surgeon in which I weighed in at 145. I told my surgeon that my personal goal was 155 and that I wanted to learn how to maintain/stop losing. She agreed that I was in a good spot and gave me some suggestions. I've been monitoring my weight for the past week and the scale always reads (no matter the time of day) 140lbs. (My scale is spot on with my surgeons). I've lost another 5lbs and its starting to concern me a little. I know that your body will eventually level out but I dont want my body to think that being under 140lbs is acceptable. I'm starting to look "sickly looking" and the "when are you going to stop losing weight" comments are getting a little much.

Has anyone else gone through this, going much further under your goal, did it bounce back or finally stop before you disappeared?

Trust me, I'm not trying to complain, I love slipping into a size 6 jeans (from a size 24/26) but I'd like to keep a little meat on my bones! lol.

I think your body will find its own new normal. When I entered the maintenance phase, I was very stable to within 2 or 3 pounds for over 6 months. I then suddenly dropped below my goal weight by 10 pounds. But this happened when I developed a stomach flu and decided to try and maintain this additional weight loss.

I agree...your body will find its new normal. When I reached my surgeons goal of 160 I started eating in maintenance mode. Mostly just added more calories, healthy fats and carbs than when I was in "losing mode". My personal goal was 150 and I hit that a month later. I then lost another 13 pounds over a couple months to my all time low of 137. I continue to eat "normal" and my body has fluctuated between 137 and 140 for the last 7 months. I'm 5'5" and am in size 6 jeans, too (down from 22). I do feel I'm a little thin, but I figure I'm in a good position in case I gain 5-10 pounds as I get further out.

I had VSG, not bypass, so I don't know if this makes a difference. I have a good friend that had bypass 8 years. She worked really hard and temporarily got down to a size 4, but once she let herself eat "normal", she bounced back up to a size 7/8 and has been there for at least 5 years.

Edited by Kindle

Build muscle?