Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Impatiently waiting...June sleevers?

Just got the call from my patient coordinator at my surgeon's office. My medical team reviewed my case, and approved me for surgery. They are now submitting it to insurance for approval!

Once they get the approval letter from my insurance, they'll call me for pre-op! Oh my goodness! I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time!!

June sleever here! June 4, coming on quick!! Good luck to you all. Time has flown since I first started my journey on June 3rd, 2014. What felt like forever in the beginning has really flown by! :)

Got cleared through the surgeon and was all set to submit to insurance when we realized that my PCP forgot to sign one paper. This is a problem because she's on maternity leave and the office staff are being assholes about giving the paper to another Dr. Going to see the office manager and owner at 1 so I can hopefully get this taken care of.

Got cleared through the surgeon and was all set to submit to insurance when we realized that my PCP forgot to sign one paper. This is a problem because she's on maternity leave and the office staff are being assholes about giving the paper to another Dr. Going to see the office manager and owner at 1 so I can hopefully get this taken care of.

No luck, they're being total jerks. I have a call in to the surgeon.

Oh NO! What a pain in the tush! Sending positive thoughts your way!

I know my PCP, I'm half tempted to call her. It wouldn't be a giant issue but we're changing insurance in 2 months (different job) and I don't want to start this process over again for the third time.

I know my PCP, I'm half tempted to call her. It wouldn't be a giant issue but we're changing insurance in 2 months (different job) and I don't want to start this process over again for the third time.

I think I'd be tempted to as well!

I don't know how it's even possible that my insurance hasn't gotten run yet. I'm trying not to panic cause all my doctors patients get run a week before but it's so fustrating It doesn't even phase them that it won't get approved I'm not sure If they are that confident or crazy lol ehhhhh

@@Licia'sjourney We are having surgery on the same day with the same doc!! wow! :)

@@mclorrie - Thank you so much! I'll try that. I bought a couple of the Isopure's to see if I am going to like them. The flavors they have just don't do it for me though. lol

I saw my surgeon for the first time today and they gave me my surgery date!!! I was so surprised. I was not expecting to get it today. Looks like I am a June sleever. 06/24!!! I'm very excited and nervous!!

Edited by chelleshocked

@@chelleshocked - OMG! That is totally crazy. Maybe we will bump into each other? Once I get a surgery time I will let you know but they said I wouldn't find out probably until the day before. :)

June 2nd for me..Oh my..it will be here before I know it

@@Licia'sjourney Yes, they told me the surgery center would call me with a time. That's totally crazy that we bumped into each other at all.

Interwebs, they are awesome :)

@@chelleshocked - OMG! That is totally crazy. Maybe we will bump into each other? Once I get a surgery time I will let you know but they said I wouldn't find out probably until the day before. :)

Tomorrow I start my two week liquid phase....I am feeling strong and positive. Wish me success.

Tomorrow I start my two week liquid phase....I am feeling strong and positive. Wish me success.

Good luck! You're going to do fine with it. I had no problems at all the first 3-4 days...then the food cravings started. But, I've stayed on the diet. I just keep thinking that I want the surgery to go as smoothly as possible. I'm currently on Day 10 of the 2 week liquid pre-op diet. The really strange thing that I've noticed is I am craving meats like grilled shrimp, pork chops and sausage but I have absolutely no desire for sweets or carbs. This is shocking for me since I have a big sweet tooth and rarely ever eat meats. Guess my body is preparing itself for life after surgery!

I'm scheduled for June 1. Now that the date is close, I'm kinda terrified! Anyone else riding that roller coaster?

I'm up on June 2 and roller coaster is a great word for it - I'm hanging on for dear life!

I see my Surgeon tomorrow for the final time before surgery on Tuesday. I've been on the 2 week liquid diet for 10 days now, and am feeling amazingly good.

I have to meet with the anesthesiologist on Friday, then its on to S day. I'm terrified,anxious and unbelieving it actually got approved by insurance!

I hope I keep hydrated afterwards, thats a big concern, one thing I DO NOT want is another I.V.

Good luck and healing prayers for no complications, quick recovery, and lots of pounds gone forever to all my June Sleever Family! :)