Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in June

Denise!!!! Sister Im in Dallas!!!

What area are in you? Please contact me I guess Im have the plateau problem also not sure why...

Im trying not to get down about my weight the doc asked me yesterday if I was satisified and I gave a quick NO!!!

Then doc said "have you ever lost 33 pounds before?"

I replied "no" I had remember its only been 3 months and 33 pounds is great weight loss for

So lets encourage each other maybe our bodies are catching up

like Ms. Sophie said....Please contact me maybe we can get together and walk or eat salads or just try on clothes for the hell of it... email or pm me Ill check back in later today..

Hope everyone is well and blessed

I have one thing to say I HATE PLATEAUS:angry

I guess what frustrates me the most, is the fact that being banded,I am eating a 1/4 of what I normally eat. Then I have bumped up my exercising to a crazy level. Then I sit at these darn numbers for several days or a week.

While I am complaining,....... they say don;t drink while eating or after eating. Are you kidding, I am frightened to death of drinking. It seems if I cheat even a bit and have a sip it is enough to make me PB.

That golf ball pain makes you feel like your kinda choking, but breathing, so naturally you want to take a drink to get that feeling to subside, but holy s*#?t it makes it so much worse. So I think they should say what it truly is, you can't drink with food, when you have good restriction.

On the positive side......everyone is starting to comment on how much thinner I look, mostly in the face. Has anyone had anyone comment on their bodys looking thinner? I am still waiting on that day. My knees feel great, my energy is great. My family doc that was totally against this said she had to eat crow. My blood pressure is normal, all my blood work is excellent, and she said I seem to be just glowing.

We will do this together.....:clap2::clap2::clap2::eek:

Janine

Plateaus really are the work of satan. They are evil.

But what can you do aside from work through it, because it's not like there's that old turning back, falling off the wagon we used to be able to do when we dieted.

I'm plateaued right now too. I'm hoping the scale is kind tomorrow and tells me it's over.

I've been getting all kinds of comments about my weight loss. You can REALLY see it in my face. I can see it, which is amazing. For the body in general I get, "you're looking good" I don't think people are going to say, "Your big ol' belly is looking less big."

Once the comments start they won't stop. Promise.

Denise,

I sent you a giant email yesterday, Tuesday. I got your PM today...did you not get the email???

I'll send another.

J

Hi everyone! My name is Cindy and I just joined this site tonight. I had my surgery on March 23. I hope I am doing this right. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading all of your postings.

Thanks, Cindy

Hi everyone! My name is Cindy and I just joined this site tonight. I had my surgery on March 23. I hope I am doing this right. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading all of your postings.

Thanks, Cindy

Welcome, Cindy, and congrats on your surgery! How are things going for you? My surgery was March 19 so we are close. I had a fill on Monday that has given me SOME restriction--probably not enough but a bit anyway (for the first time). How is your restriction doing? And your weight loss? Anxious to hear, Karen

Hi Cindy

Welcome to the group.

You're right there with us on the lapband time line. How's your the process going for you?

Where are you writing from. We are from all over! I'm in Ohio.

Tell us more.

Juli

MORNING YA'LL

For some reason I thought I could get up this morning and eat some pulled pork for Breakfast I took 3 bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHILE PLEASE!!! I got sick as a dog!!!!!! I threw up TWICE didnt know I had that much juice/slime in my little tummy :)

But I got over it and still felt I needed to throw up again but I st down and did deep breathing and slimed more when I got in the car but now I'm fine.....PRAISE THE LORD!!!

SO now Im eating 2 rice cakes and then I'll start on my Water in about an hour

Lunch will be oatmeal or something smooth and hot!!

Dinner salad with cheese and bacon bits!

HEY Denise how you feeling today?

:welcome: Cindy! Glad to have you here!

Not much to report with me. I went to see my surgeon last week, but I told him I didn't need a fill. I don't go back until August 27th so hopefully my fill will hold til then. I'm still exercising and still losing pretty good. I've kicked it up a notch with the workouts. Now, I do a 2-3 mile walk/jog and then I go to the gym for weight training so I'm getting about an hour in everyday except Sundays.

How's the workouts going everyone???

Welcome Cindy!!!!!:)

Is anyone doing Curves?

As far as workouts go, I've laid off a bit of the strength training due to being on a bike many hours a week. But I reworked my plan. I intend to strengthen my arms and core and not so much with my legs...they get enough attention with the riding.

I read that about every 30 days you need to shake things up and I am finding that to be the case with me too.

I don't work out at Curves, but I hear it's a good program for getting started and for social butterflies (not me). Janine, are you doing Curves?

Cindy...WELCOME! I don't know about the rest, but I find this forum to be a big help. I've learned about a lot of things I have not experience nor do I want to. And when I'm worried about something, I find out others have or had the same thing and its really nothing at all. Plus the support is wonderful. Everyone is so nice.

I was banded 3-20 and have 2.5cc's in my band now. I have some restriction, but I still think I eat more than I should. But on the other hand, I don't eat what I used to and 3 meals a day pretty much keep me full. I was eating 3 squares and 2-3 Snacks. Now I have fruit in the fridge that I'm not hungry to eat anymore. At least I'm thinking about eating something healthy! HAH!

Update to the group....Went to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He still won't release me to exercise yet. Not even my recumbant bike. I'll go back in 2 weeks. Its really only been a not even a whole week that I have not experienced some pain in my calf. What bothers me now is the redness below the calf all the way around my leg. It sometimes has heat and feels like someone is ripping the skin off if clothing touches it wrong.

Doesn't that bite. I want to exercise but I can't. When I can again I probably won't want to. GO FIGURE!

If I can't get online tomorrow....I hope y'all have a great weekend! And be careful with the fireworks next week!

Holy Cow we are a day away from Marchies in July!

I'm plateaued out like many of you and I'm not losing like I want to be. I thought doing all the right things would be second nature by now, but it is not.

There are too many calories going in some days. Yesterday, I felt horrible at the end of the day for having eaten too much so I grabbed a few crackers to absolutely blow the day. I've not had that kind of behavior in over 6 months! What the heck was that about?!

Certainly I'm celebrating more than being distructive, but holy crap.

yuck, yuck, yuck....I'm very blue about things at the moment.

Here's to digging a little deeper and finding the bright spot in the journey. Maybe it's the rain that has be down...

Juli