Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my date, finally! & it's only 13 days away! 02/23/2015!

I am nervous, scared, and excited. I didn't think it would be so soon, but I am not complaining. My Dr. said he would like to see me lose 6 more lbs before my weigh in next Wednesday (the 18th) and I think that is what I am most nervous about because my preop weight loss has been pretty slow.

Anyone else getting sleeved on this day or close to it? :)

Yes, I also will have surgery on Feb. 23. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time. I lay in bed thinking soon I will be able to start my new healthy life. I will have a month off of work. I am lucky my boss is ok with it. I want to be able to take it easy and get the eating (drinking) down before going back...lol Well good luck soon we will be on the other side the loser bench.

Congrats! I will be on the surgeon's table the next day!

Congrats I just found out today myself & my date is 3/3 still in shock that it's so soon.

Mine is on Feb. 20th and I have so many mixed emotions. I'm excited to finally get my weight under control. I'm not looking forward to a liquid diet for the next month (2 weeks before and 2 weeks after). I'm going to miss binge eating if I'm honest. i also have a fear that somehow I will screw this up and not lose the weight or gain it back.

i know that I just have to trust the process and do what I'm told.

Edited by Donnie320

I'm also having sleeve surgery in February 23. I am on day three of the liquid diet with one small meal and today has sucked. I have a horrible headache and am nauseous????. I'm hoping this feeling will subside soon. Good luck on the weight loss; I'm sure you'll lose it just fine!

@NICOLESIX-

My Dr. doesn't require a two week liquid diet which I am so grateful for, however, he does require i certain percentage of weight loss. He went ahead and sched my surgery but wants to see me in a week and in that time asked me to lose 6 more pounds, so I am once again looking at my diet to see how I can improve it and I am hitting the gym every single day in hopes I will meet his goal or at least get close to it. I will be devastated if I have come this far, got my date, and it be taken away over 6lbs. =/

Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot! <3

I am being sleeved on the 23rd as well and on my 3rd day of the pre-op liquid diet. I am jealous of the folks that can have a small meal as I am on six powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes a day and that's it. Yesterday was the worst as I had a bad headache but feeling pretty good today. Just gotta keep thinking about the end result to stay motivated.

I had Lap-band surgery back in 2006 which had to be removed in the fall of 2014 so I am very excited about my surgery as it has been a struggle to maintain the weight I had lost with the band. I have gained almost 20 lbs in 6 months :-(. Hoping the suffering of the liquid diet will yield some weight loss.

Best!

Tara

I am getting sleeved 2/24! I have to lose 5lbs and decided to put myself on a liquid diet to make sure I lose it. My surgeon does not require a pre-op liquid diet.

I too, am being sleeved on 2/23rd!!! i am so very excited, with a lil nervousness added in... Its good to see that others will be sleeved that day too!

5 days left! I am really starting to get nervous. I have my final weigh in tomorrow and my DR wanted me to be down 6 lbs from last week and I have only lost 2.5-3 so I am hoping he doesn't cancel my surgery over those few lbs. Has anyone else been through that? =/

I didn't have to lose a certain amount of weight, but I did have to do a two week pre-op liquid diet. I hope this doesn't affect you getting the surgery on the 23. I've known a few people who ate like it was their last supper and still had the surgery so I'm sure it's based off of your doctors preferences. Good luck!

@@nicolesix - The last supper comment made me LOL.

I lost 5 of the 6 lbs needed so surgery is a go! It is starting to feel real now! I have a busy work week and an engagment on Saturday so hopefully that will make the week fly by! Yay! :)