Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Encouragement needed struggling

Water down other Soups and strain them. It's what I did. My surgeon knew and was ok with it.

You can do it! Hang in there. It's hard, but so worth it!

@@svelija I get what you are saying. It does become tedious and boring eating the same things day after day. So why not look up a few bariatric friendly recipes and give them a try? I found the recipes in the blog World According to Eggface to be really good. Also, there are a number of recipes on Pinterest that work for this phase. You can also try just about any canned Soup and strain it. Another tip is to make your cream of Soups with fat free milk or Protein enhanced milk...makes them taste better and you stay fuller longer. Hang in there! Just a few more days! ETA: if dairy is a problem can still use soy or almond milk in creamed soups.

Edited by ProjectMe

I agree with @ProjectMe. Pre-op I bought more than one type of Protein Drink so I could add as much variety in my diet as possible during the all liquid phase. Once I moved to purees and soft foods I just got creative. I think we are only as limited as out imaginations. If you are a recipe type of person then google for bariatric recipes.< /p>

I would kill to have some cream of wheat right now lol (pre op liquid diet)!! I'm so hungry, I feel your pain!!

Hang in there!!

@@ProjectMe @@BLERDgirl I found that blog by eggface, abs some awesome Pinterest recipes. My kids and I are trying a mock (noodle and meat free) lasagna for dinner. I am doing better with the variety I can have now... my only struggle is I still can't get a full 4 oz of food in. I an doing good with liquids and the nectar Protein, just struggling with solids. I know I'm still healing though so not stressing it, I am letting my body guide me. Thanks for all the advice

I wasn't even allowed any solids until 40 days post-op and it was slow going once I was. Trying to get in 4 oz. seems overly ambitious with how far out you are right now. Hell, I can only manage 2-4 oz. of meat and I'm almost 6 months out at this point. I can do better with more liquidy things, but straight up meat is still hard to get down in any significant quantity. I think my only "meal" right now that is over 4 ounces is greek yogurt, so that hardly counts.

My doctor wants his patients eating regular diets as soon as possible. 2 weeks of full liquids was more than enough for me. I still do a Protein shake 5 days a week but for the most part I get my Protein from food.

my doc is the same way @BLERDgirl. again, funny how doctors are all so different

It is funny how different the post op diets are depending on your surgeon. I am 2 days post up and my practice goes right to the mushy phase. Lucky I can get an once in though, and couldn't tolerate the Protein Shake as well as Water. And these gas pains are no joke.

I have always been a milk lover and cottage cheese lover. However, I've read that after this surgery, dairy intolerance is really bad. Milk goes down okay if room temp, but will come back up if I drink too fast. The Dr said I could actually have small curd cottage cheese on the liquid diet...I tried it several times but just can't do it. It hurts to eat, so gave up on it. However, like others have said.....try all kinds of Soups and blend them well. I just purchased a Faberware hand blender at Walmart for $17. Best purchase ever! you can mix your smoothies, shakes and Soups. I did chili last night, blended all the hamburger and Beans down to nothing and I didn't have to strain anything. I did chicken enchalada Soup the night before that with corn chips and cheese and it too blended down completely. Such a nice change in flavor!

Keep with it. You can do it! Tell yourself this is the big show now. What you've been working on! :) Good luck!!