Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

I am SO SORRY for your friend. I don't have any personal experience with Dr. N so you need to take what I say as being worth what your paying for it. However I have heard some other negative things both here on LBT and on Yahoo's KCBandster site. Everything from surgery induced infections to a couple years ago he was reported to be asking his patients to keep their fill needle so he could re-use it on their next visit. (Though that was stopped.)

Another area doc I've heard bad things about is Dr. Opie out of Olathe. I have a friend who was banded out of state but was going to him for fills who just had to have a port revision because he punctured the tubing repeatedly while trying to giver her a fill.

The two docs in town that I know well enough to reccommend are Dr. Malley and Dr. Hoehn. Dr. M is a proctor for Inamed/Allergan and has done over 1000 surgeries, he works out of New Hope Bariatrics. Dr. H has done well over 500 last I heard and the hospital he works out of (SMMC) was the first in the area to receive the Center of Excellence Rating. I was banded by H but now get my fills by M. I would trust both with my life as far as surgical skills go but if I were to start over I would have gone with M all the way instead, strictly based on staffing and program issues. Well that and the fact that I really like he has done the most in town and is the companies teacher for new docs in the region.

Hey guys! I am from Springfield area and was banded by Christopher Edwards on June 18, 2008! I have my follow up visit today and I agree his staff are wonderful!

Congrats to all the Springfield, MO group!

Hello Springfield! I just happened onto this website because I am researching lap banding. I will be attending a seminar at St. John's in August. I hope I can count on you all for answers to the million questions I will have. I was surprised to find a Springfield group but am so glad! Now I will have the support I need as I start this journey.

Just wanted to drop a quick note. I had my surgery on May 9th, and have lost 32 pounds so far!!! I am SOOOOO excited. Getting the Lap Band was the best decision I have ever made. Hope you all have a great weekend!

~Holly~

HI all. I get banded this Monday, July 7 by Dr. Edwards. It took me 6 months to be finally approved by insurance. I will also have my gall bladder removed at the same time. I'm a male, 54, with a lot of comorbidites. I'm anxious to get the surgery behind me and live longer.

Edited by SpringfieldMO

Great news for my Mom.... she is scheduled for her band July 14th! Finally. I hope she can do everything she needs to to make it work for her, like it has worked for me.

Keep on posting everyone!!!!

Hello! Everyone! i was banded June 27th!:thumbup: i would have shared it earlier but my computer is in the hospital.:eek: i have lost 17 lbs so far and am a little sore. haven't thru up yet, and hope not to. Mazziemomma you look great. talk to you all later. go back and see the doc on the 10th. let ya know how all goes.

Kookie, I see Dr. Edwards on the 10th also. It is my last pre-op visit where he gives me my surgery date and I have to do preadmission at St. Johns. I am really excited. I am so glad everything went well for you. Those 69 lbs. will be gone in no time. Keep up the good work.

Kimberly, congratulations on your mother's surgery date. Does she go online also? You have really made your band work for you. Your weight loss is spectacular.

Thank you very much..BeverlyDiane.

Mom sometimes goes online... but has not been on here in a long time. I am soooo excited for her. Dr. E. is so amazing.

I have never felt healthier!!!!

Good luck, and great health to everyone!

Hey Girls, sorry I've been gone for so long. Just a lot of crap going on in my life. Things are starting to calm down and I can get back to a some what normal life again.

Dianne had asked me about my last appointment with Dr.M.. It went great and I left feeling a whole lot better. It's just that I have done so much reading on all the different web-sites and had gotten myself worked up about what I was reading. I told him that even though I have lost a lot I still have a long ways to go. I'm very determined to see it to the end. But I have read that people that have been banded for 2 years and more don't loose weight. That what you lose in your first 12 t0 18 months is about it for the weight loss. I just couldn't accept that. He reassured me that what I read was wrong. That with the band and my determination that there is no reason I can't make it to my goal. That because it is adjustable is one reason why the band is a huge success. With the gastric bypass, that's it. No adjusting and that is why most of them gain back the weight.

So, here I am. Determined as ever to finish losing what I need to. Yes I have had a few set backs, but that is one thing I like about the band. I can handle lifes curves and not gain and I can get right back to it.

On My birthday back in June I fell on the deck and broke my big toe and severally bruised the others. I also twisted some other parts of my bodya nd was really sore for a long time. During this I threw a pity party for one. I ate things I should not have been eating. Although I didn't over eat, it was th quality of what I ate. High fat things. Now I'm over it and back to the loseing side again. Foot is getting better but it will probably be at least another 2 weeks before I cna get a shoe on. I miss my exercising alot.

Hope all is well with everyone and good luck to all the bandsters. Welcome aboard.

Good Evening Springfield,

Kimberly - I will be praying for your mom tomorrow. I hope everything goes as planned and she has a speedy recovery.

Kookie - How did your appt. go on the 10th?

SpringfieldMO - give us an update on your surgery on the 10th. I hope you are doing fine and recovering nicely.

Suziecat - I love your quote. That's exactly how life is. We must learn to "dance in the rain." Hang in there. Things will be better. There is always tomorrow.