Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Hi I'm maziemommy-

Anyone else from around here?

Anyone else share the same doc?"Christopher Edwards "

If you are looking for a doc in MO.... I would highly recommend him and his staff!

I would love to hear from any one close to my area.

Hi, I live in Leavenworth KS, but was born in Spfld. Lived there til 1980 when I moved to KC to get a job. I was a single Mom and couldnt find a good paying job there, so moved to Kansas City. I consider Springfield home, still have family that lives there. It amazes me when we come down there how spread out things have gotten. Do the weightloss Dr's or the hospital have a support group there in town?

They do have a couple of support groups here in town-(now it's considered a city-so I'm told..ha ha ha). I have not yet attended any of them. I have heard some say they enjoy the groups.

Are you coming back to town? I left in 1993 came back, and left again in 1994. Bought a house here and moved back, for good, in 1997. I guess I just can't stay away. I had always heard, that if you are from here... and you leave.... you will be back.... now I tend to believe that.

When do you have your surgery? I was 4-2-07- going for my 2nd fill 5-31-07(now it's today).

Do you have a pre-op diet?

I married 7yrs after I moved to KC. We are both retired now, I dont see us moving back to Spfld. Both of my parents are gone now, but I do have 2 brothers that still live there. I have completely lost contact with the friends I had there. I am waiting for insurance approval right now and they wont even let you see the surgeon until they have that in hand. I know i will be approved, I have 3 insurances and 2 cover lapband. My BMI is definitely there,so I know it will be approved. The insurance person at the Dr's office I go to IMO is dragging her feet. This has been a VERY nerve racking journey thus far. Do you know any 50yr olds that have had the surgery there?

I am only in contact , regularly, with one other. I hear people at his office sometimes, and they seem to be of every age. 19-70.... I am 35 and wish my Mom would get a band at 59.

Are you going to be close to home with your doc? I really am glad I got to be close to home, as I don't travel well!

HI, I'm from Springfield. I know there are a lot of people around here having lap band surgery but this board for Springfield doesn't see much action. I had surgery 6/5/06. Dr. Edwards is my doctor. I'm right around the corner from my bandiversary. I'm sure glad it's not last year at this time as I was a basket case of nerves. I'm 57 and have lived in Springfield for over 40 years. I am a Registered Nurse at St. John's. I attended one of the support sessions several months ago. I'm not good about going back to the hospital after I get home in the afternoon. I have had 4 fills and have lost 100 pounds. I'm planning to get another fill 6/14. That will be my final one that was included in the original price. Feel free to email me if you would like. LHobbs@mchsi.com.

Linda

Nanny2Trey- glad you joined us on this thread --maybe more will come!

What size band did he give you??? How much fill do you have in it?

Mine is 10cm holds 5ml/cc so I was told by Rita. After my recent second fill I have 1.6ml/cc total fill.

KEEP ON POSTING!

I am in Springfield, too and was banded by Dr. Edwards on May 14th. So far so good! I plan on going to the monthly support group held the 2nd Monday of every month. I went to one a month before surgery, then the next one was the same day I had the band placed so I missed that one! :-) Next one is coming up on the 11th.<br /> <br /> I think Dr. Edwards is just great and most of his staff as well. My first fill will be on the 24th of this month, so I'm excited for that. I joined a new fitness place that is opening up on the 11th by the Price Cutter on E. Battlefield. It's a Contours Express which is a lot like Curves, but they have weight-resistant machines rather than hydraulic. I'm excited about that, too!<br /> <br /> Good to see others from my area posting here. :-)

Hi Legster.... and all others here on this thread! I am glad to have all this in common.. not just a band!

How is our mild summer weather treating you all??

Any good camping yet this year... we are going the 22ish.

I have had my 2nd fill, and I can't eat nearly as much as before, it's not a feeling like I expected. I thought I would get to a point where I would feel like if I take one more bite I could... fill in the blanks_____________________!! It really is not like that for me.

What does enough food feel like for you guys????

Any specific things you can't eat????....... for me it's our local cashew chicken-white meat is just too dry, and some bread. Please keep posting and share your experience with our doctor in common!!! Good luck-

After the hellish winter (no power for 9 days), then the late freezes which put the plants back to the ground, this Spring has just been heaven! Never needing to Water is a nice bonus and a rare situation in these parts.

So far I don't feel any real restriction in my eating. I have just been putting on my plate what I think is reasonable, then eating only that. I did have a small episode when I went to lunch with a friend at Cartoon's last week. I got a nice piece of salmon with rice and steamed veggies. The thing was I think I was just TOO hungry and kept forgetting to really chew chew chew and was eating too fast also. I had to excuse myself to the restroom for about 5 minutes while I burped and burped (nothing productive, thank goodness!) I was actually kind of glad it happened. I mean, I KNEW there was a band in there :-) but I just hadn't had any real evidence of it till then.

Hello to all you Springfielders. I to once worked in Springfield Mo. I lived in Ava Mo. I now am in Kansas and am awaiting my surgeon consult on June 21st. I hope to be banded in July sometime if all goes as planned. I still want to move back there sometime, but I to am a single mom and I could not find a good paying job around there. Good luck to all of you and I hope to keep in touch with all my progress as it arrives day by day.

Howdy all- is that how we are supposed to greet one another in MO(and Kansas)? Hope everyone is feeling great- I'm getting up early in the A.M. to go walk with my friend-- hope the weather is kind.

Does any one around here ever find good pay?? It's a trade off for this much humidity! lol

Keep up the good work and loose loose loose!!!

Hello to all you Springfielders. I to once worked in Springfield Mo. I lived in Ava Mo. I now am in Kansas and am awaiting my surgeon consult on June 21st. I hope to be banded in July sometime if all goes as planned. I still want to move back there sometime, but I to am a single mom and I could not find a good paying job around there. Good luck to all of you and I hope to keep in touch with all my progress as it arrives day by day.

Where in Ks do you live? Who is doing your surgery? I just got my date (then they changed it) it is Aug 8 with Dr Hoehn at Shawnee Msn Med Ctr. I live in Leavenworth KS.

Is anyone else going to the (Dr. Edwards) New Beginnings Support Group this evening? I am! :-)

Is everyone enjoying all the rain??? Ready for the heat?? and humidity???

Legster I have not yet made it to any of the meetings... I guess I'm scared of the unknown..... please tell me as much as you can about the meetings and what I could expect---- don't be shy... I want to good and bad!!

How is everyone?? Mo and Kansas.... keep on posting!!!