Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Jill_Icardi I really have nothing to compare it to, so I am not sure if it is less painful with one incision vs 5. All of it is right in my belly button so sitting up can be a bitch..lol My doctor told me I could have a couple bites when I was comfortable. That is all I am doing. I have a couple bites of well chewed cottage cheese or unsweetened apple sauce, but the rest of the time it is shakes, broth, and Jello. I still have some pain, but luckily no more nausea. I hit my first 20lb lost so I am pretty excited!

@spicy06. I had the belly button incision. Belly incision was sore and then itchy about a week. Day 11 now and the glue has rubbed off (with my help after the 7 day postop visit) and I don't even really notice it now.

March 16th is my date! first surgery ever and I'm trying so hard to not let my nerves or any negativity get the best of me!

I'm right there with you! Monday is our day! I'm super excited but a bit nervous, I've also never had any type of surgery before, so I don't know what to expect. All I know if that the end result with help me get to where I need to be. Best wishes to you!! ❤️

Aw thank you @@la619sd Same to you! Soon we are going to be saying "this is the best thing I ever did for myself" like so many others here :)...today is my last day of high Protein, low carb and tomorrow is nothing but liquids and it's not phasing me one bit because the nerves are killing my hunger anyway lol I did my last minute shopping yesterday...I'd seriously be lost without this site!

Hey March Sleevers! Post Op day 4 and I am feeling pretty good. Still a little sore at my incision site. My doctor actually asked me if I wanted to have 5 incisions or 1 that you can hide in your belly button. I went for the belly button incision. Has anyone else had this offered to them? I am doing great keeping down my shakes and Water. I had a couple bites of apple sauce and cottage cheese today. Not too much, want to gradually get back into things. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hi Spicy06,

I also had it on the same day as you, March 9th, I wasn't offered the 1 incision. I had the 5 done. They are still sore and bruised still. I feel better as each day goes on. I had some blended cottage cheese yesterday which was such a treat seeing how everything is liquid. I am also holding everything down, but DEFINATELY can tell when I am full.

Did you weigh yourself yet? I did the day I came home which was a mistake. I heard most people go up after surgery (which I did)

But I weighed myself today and now I am way down. Best of luck to you and keep me posted on how you are doing. It helps to see people that had it the same time as me and how they are doing.

Edited by LISA24

Mine is Wed March 17th and I couldn't be more excited!

I keep saying to myself that this is the last weekend as my "old self" and that the best is yet to come

My surgery date is for March 16 at 11:30am. I am so excited to get all this weight off but nervous at the same time. So far the pre-op diet has been okay. I cut out soda January 1st, Ice cream a few weeks ago and Protein Shakes have been good. Im nervous to get past the first few weeks of the unknown. I understand there will be pain, gas and discomfort, but I hope things go smoothly and tolerable.

My surgery date is for March 16 at 11:30am. I am so excited to get all this weight off but nervous at the same time. So far the pre-op diet has been okay. I cut out soda January 1st, Ice cream a few weeks ago and Protein Shakes have been good. Im nervous to get past the first few weeks of the unknown. I understand there will be pain, gas and discomfort, but I hope things go smoothly and tolerable.

The unknown scares the heck out of me! I just keep filling myself with positivity thought and telling myself that everything will be okay and I'll do just fine. We both know that not everything will be rainbows and bunnies, but it won't be forever unlike our current situation if you know what I mean lol :)

Mine is Wed March 17th and I couldn't be more excited!

I keep saying to myself that this is the last weekend as my "old self" and that the best is yet to come

Wednesday is March 18th... So Wednesday or Tuesday the 17tg? Lol

mine is set for march 23rd at 1130am im on my 2week pre op diet and it sucks but what can you do right

I'm March 16. Band to sleeve revision. I can't wait.

My date is March 18, and I am getting both excited and nervous. I have to be honest, I haven't been the best on this two week pre-op. Nothing too crazy (for example, a small salad with my Soup, or a scrambled egg white with some salsa as a snack), with the exception of one meal, I had a burger and a salad with a few fries. I have lost 11 lbs thus far, and am very excited (16 from my highest weight). I am starting my Clear Liquids a day early, and let me tell you, I am drinking Water and broth like they are going out of style! I also found that unflavored Protein Powder with water and Mio drops is much more preferable to Isopure. Any hints, tips or tricks for me?