Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach making weird noises

I had my Gastric Bypass 1/27. My stomach is constantly rumbling and it is loud. Is that normal? I am doing well with my stage 1 diet.

Yes. Were you given omeprazole? It does go away

I was already taking it before the surgery and was told to keep taking it.

Good. It should go away. Mine did after a week or so. Take your time with the sips and gulps. It can be unnerving.

My new stomach always makes funny noises. It is not painful or uncomfortable but when I eat or drink you can sometimes hear it rumbling. It took some getting used and it has become much more mild. It does not happen all of the time.

I am so glad to hear that it's not just my stomach making all the noise!

I think mine sounds like a creaky pirate ship, so I have taken to speaking like a pirate when things get rolling. Avast, ye scurvy dogs!

Lmao @@anaxila that's the best laugh it have had since surgery 1/28! Thank you! Mine rumbles too. Are those hunger pains or what? Depends on what I'm sipping on I think I feel it thud in my new stomach.

I had rumbles and stomach achiness when I was on liquids. On purées it is better.

I'm noticing it calm down a lot now.

7 mos out my intestines starting to make the noises. Quite loud too not sure if gas x willhelp??

I still get that particularly when trying a new food.

Oh, my goodness! Mine was so loud today at lunch! I was glad I was home alone! I'm not sure, but last time it felt and sounded like this was pre-surgery and I had a stomach bug. Might be why nothing has rested easy in my stomach today.