Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days before surgery - having anxiety and doubts, help!

I was sleeved on 1/28. I was the same way. I had been waiting since Aug. 14th to have surgery. With the classes and then 2 week pre-op diet it started to sit in a few days before my surgery. Totally normal. I was nervous about being put to sleep, but the anesthesiologist was so good to put me at ease before I walked into OR to lying back upon the bed that I would be having surgery on. I was out within 1 min. My surgery lasted 50 min. and recovery was an hour. I'm 2 weeks out and so glad I did it and you will be too. ;)

I'm also having the feelings about the going out to eat with hubby. We've already discussed how we will have to order in the future. You'll be OK.

I never had any issues with going out to eat. I went out to eat as soon as I could have soft foods and have gone out several times since then. Just be prepared for lots of doggy bags.

I spent over 5000 dollars on suits in one year because I have to get them tailored in Hong kong. All because of my overweightness. I am looking forward to eating less spending less and being able to fit on a plane again.

Hey guys. So first let me answer the question of did i feel relieved yesterday when it would have been my surgery day - yes, I felt a little relieved and a little sad. At first I thought i had this. I thought my head was in a place that I could lose the weight on my own. I felt confident in my decision. I'm realizing now that I can NOT do it on my own. The confidence that I thought I was feeling was actually just a mixture of hunger from being on a liquid diet and fear which caused me not to eat for fear they wouldn't be able to do the surgery if I ate during the liquid phase. After my decision to postpone I didn't have all that pressure to not eat big portions or bad things and I fell off the wagon. This past weekend I ate horribly and way to big of portions. Reality check!- I need this surgery to assist me in my eating! I need to be forced to eat smaller portions. I need it to help me realize I'm full without eating extra portions. I need it to help me learn to eat properly and I've eaten bad for so long I've forgotten what full feels like! I am really glad I did postpone otherwise I would've never had my "ah ha!" moment. So I have decided to get back to it and go forth with the surgery ASAP. I will call my surgeon and case manager tomorrow to see what I need to do. This time ill remember to keep pushing if fear tries to take over again because I see the bigger picture. Thank you for all of your comments and words of wisdom I truly appreciate it all. Keep it coming and I will keep you updated!

@@2NewBeginningsxoxo, wow, great epiphany! Glad that it's helped you make a decision, one way or another. That conviction will help you be a success and make the most of your WLS.

And the sleeve is certainly going to help with portion control! :-D Best wishes!

Agreed--sounds like a great reality check. :) I am actually 4 weeks out today (WHAT?) and honestly, I feel normal almost all of the time. Eating is still a learning process, but I've gone out with my family about 3 times now and it's fine--you just take home a LOT of leftovers and avoid certain things. I think you just have to think of it as a short period of discomfort for a lifetime of potential rewards! :)

I'm down 37 lbs since the pre-op diet, 22 from surgery. It's great. :)

You will be so much happier after the surgery.

It's short-term pain for long-term gain. It's like anything else that is worth it; not all kittens and rainbows 24/7, but for every little minus there are 1,000 plusses.

So it's been a bit since I've posted. I hope everyone is doing well! I saw my surgeon again on feb 19th. I now have a new surgery date of March 18th! I'm definitely ready to go this time. Those if you who've recently had surgery- how is everything going?

So today was a bad day.... Learn from it, check it off and try and do better tomorrow .! I think we all know this surgery is more than likely the right choice.!! You can do it stay strong , stay beautiful... My surgery is April 26th so I know where your coming from.! Hang in there.!!!!

@@2NewBeginningsxoxo, glad you have a new surgery date! Are you ready?

I am now almost 2 months out. Things are pretty normal for me with regards to eating. Except the portions are radically different! Like tonight we went to Baja Fresh for dinner. I had 1/3rd or less of my burrito, and 5 chips, and was full. I find that my eating is slow but steady, so people just don't notice how little I am eating. I am steadily losing (about 40 lbs now) and feel great. Just think...this will be your own situattion too, in mid-May. :-D

Wonderful to hear.! I have the lap band now but it has slipped so we are doing the conversion. Trying to be "normal"at meal times especially at gatherings has always been so difficult for me as no one knows I have the lap band.. I'm very excited to get back on track!!

@@NewBeginning2015

Yes, I am definitely ready now. I feel 100% sure, I actually can't wait! I am still researching to find the best unflavored Protein powder. Does anyone have suggestions!? I am extremely sensitive to any kind of Protein flavor, meaning I hate them all lol.

I really like the Isopure Naked whey. Other than making things cloudy it has no taste at all. Best of all it can be mixed with hot or cold beverages. It mixes easier with cold. When mixing with hot do not cook it. I take a small amount of warm Water and a whisk and slowly mix the powder in with a whisk. Once it is well mixed and smooth I add that to my warm beverage or Soup. I've also mixed it with yogurt and even Water. No taste but it was cloudy and unpleasant to look at.

I am 7 days post op and do not regret a thing. I have followed the guidelines set by my surgeon and NUT, have had zero nausea, no vomitting. I get all my liquids, and Protein in. I do not miss food at all. I am not hungry. I see people sleeved at the same time as me, already eating regular foods and doing fine also, but I really feel like I did this to change mt life, not find a new way to cheat. Best decision of my life. I am not looking back. I would recommend the procedure, as long as you can follow the post op instructions.