Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't had hair loss but want to follow this topic because I'm interested too... this is a great topic. I've heard about others who've experienced this. Hope you aren't struggling with this.

There area ton of other forums on this issue so do some searching to get a bunch of great responses. Personally I had very thick hair pre op and lost about 50% of my hair 3-4 months post op.

I started losing my hair around the 3 month mark (just a few weeks ago). My hair is extremlly thick. A new hair tie will go around it twice, and it's tight/hard to get the second loop around, just to give you an idea. So far, the hair I've lost is about the same as it was post pregnancy/breast feeding. It does just come out in chunks, which makes me sad! Lost hair is worth the success I've had thus far.

There area ton of other forums on this issue so do some searching to get a bunch of great responses. Personally I had very thick hair pre op and lost about 50% of my hair 3-4 months post op.

But did it ever grow back?

I have very thick hair (see my before pics in my gallery) and it began falling out around the three month mark. I don't think anyone besides me would notice any thinning, it's just all over my bathroom floor and in my shower drain. I joked that if hair was blood, my bathroom would look like a horror film. I'm at 5 months post-op now and the Hair loss is definitely slowing down and if I look closely along my hairline, I can see tons of little baby hairs sprouting up. I cut my hair short two months post-op in anticipation of the hair loss and I think that has helped make it less noticeable.

I noticed my hair becoming dry and skin also dry. I know i need to get more Protein. Make sure you

are getting enough Protein. Also, my physician said it will get thinner but, it is only temporary. It does

grow back and get fuller. I really am not worried about it. I am thinking of ways to get more

protein in. I tried the whey Protein drinks and tasted horrible to me. Cottage cheese, chicken, turkey, plain

yogurt (flavored with grape juice ) . I am focusing more on getting the protein in. The hair consists of mostly

protein and that is what is healthy for the hair.

p.s. if you are really concerned you could also, try minoxidal with your physicians approval.

i forgot to mention the Vitamin Biotin. . . . . . . for the hair and skin and nails.

I had thin shoulder length hair before surgery. At three months the Hair loss started. I'm not a spokes person for this product. But I use Topix hair fibers for men and women. It does the trick. I'm almost 8 months out and hope my hair will grow back soon.

But did it ever grow back?

I am 6 months out and it hasn't grown back yet but i am confident that it will.

I am six months out and I started with extremely thick hair. I have lost over 50% It has been falling out for about two months. It has went from two handfuls a day to one hand full every three days. I take Vitamins, Biotin and use biotin Shampoo. I have resorted to Joan Rivers scalp makeup (red) it is amazing and easy to use. I am kinda freaking out but doc says to call him back if it hasn't stopped by Feb 8.

I am six months out and I started with extremely thick hair. I have lost over 50% It has been falling out for about two months. It has went from two handfuls a day to one hand full every three days. I take Vitamins, Biotin and use Biotin Shampoo. I have resorted to Joan Rivers scalp makeup (red) it is amazing and easy to use. I am kinda freaking out but doc says to call him back if it hasn't stopped by Feb 8.

Have you had a full bloodwork done? It seems to me like you might have a real deficiency that is causing Hair loss, beyond what is normal post-op.

@@JamieLogical

I had full blood work.. The only think not normal was my B12 was elevated and cholesterol was high... If It hasn't majorally checked up I am going to ask my Bariatric doc to order the blood work. When it was done this last time it was my general doc (little worried they did not request something)