Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks I really needed to read this!, i also at 3 weeks hit a stall I've lost 28lbs and was happy and figured it was normal. went to my nutritionist and she freaked out because I had only lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Total 30 lbs total in 3 weeks. Happy to know I'm not alone and this is normal.

You were right to be happy and your nutritionist is kind of awful for freaking out. Stalls are normal. Look at how many people on this board are in the exact same boat as you are (most of them at 3 weeks). Take a deep breath everyone, it is going to get better and better and in a year you're going to laugh about how worried you were at three weeks out! I know that it's scary to hit a stall but I can offer a little advice... walk. I know that exercising can be hard, after my surgery I joined a gym and pushed myself so hard that one day I almost passed out and had to take several days off. What I learned that worked for me was to gauge my energy level day by day and on the days that I didn't feel like moving as much, I walked around the track at the gym once or twice. Also, if you possibly can, start working out your core now. Planking works best for me. It will help tighten the loose skin and help you feel stronger. You will be amazed what a very little bit of movement will do for the weight loss. And most importantly, do not be hard on yourselves because you are at a stalling point. You are doing wonderful. You are going to do even better.

I'm 22 months out. I have had a few stalls. My last stall was around xmas of 2014. I seemed to be stuck at 180 for about 6 weeks.

Then right after New Years, the weight just started to fall off. I am now 139. I did however have a Tummy Tuck on 3/20/15.

Still recovering from that. The plastic surgeon said she onlt took off about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. I was so swollen that I didn't get on the scale until a week ago (so 3 weeks after surgery.

Day of surgery I was 153. S In 3 weeks I had lost another 13 lbs.

I am still having problems eating. It seems if I go for the 3 bite I end up throwing up.

It seems an old eating disorder has come back. My Dr. said thi does happen to about 10% of WLS. Also for some reason a lot of people start drinking to much or go to drugs.

So PLEASE do not get discouraged!!!! I do find that the 5 day restart works!!!

Basically you go back to day one of surgery. So check that out.

Let us know the updates. This site is WONDERFUL for support!!!!!

Good Luck :)

I'm stalled too. I don't weigh myself usually. I try only to do it at the dr office but I got on the home scale and it's hasn't moved since my last appt. It's been 8 weeks tomorrow since my surgery I lost 30 lbs plus 25 pre op. I'm not getting my Water in enough. I'm trying... (there is no try...shut up Yoda!) I always feel like shit when I'm not doing what I should. And today I feel like mega shit! Back on the wagon

Stalls... I think this is a very popular topic. I feel like every week I'm in a stall. But I think that's because I weigh myself every day. I know I shouldn't, my Dr. told me not too-- but I can't stop myself. I think part of my problem is I don't work out like I should, and my meals are pretty much the same every day. I don't mix it up a lot.

I have really struggled with energy levels since I have had surgery. I used to be in the gym at minimum 3 days a week for over an hour at a time. Since surgery (2/25) I've been in the gym maybe 5 times. I just am sapped for energy, and now I've gone back to work and it's even worse.

I have walked in my neighborhood a few times, but I am really slacking with my gym time. I saw my Dr 2 weeks ago and I have only lost 3 lbs... that might not sound like a stall. But I have fluctuated that 3 lbs for 2 weeks..

I am losing inches, I do notice all of my clothes fitting differently and looser.

But I really thought that the weight would come off a bit faster and in larger chunks....

How does everyone get more energized? I need more motivation...