Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 11 days out and so so hungry. Feel like they didn't do the surgery. It's so hard making food for my family. Everything I cook smells like the most a,axing thing ever. I have no probs drinking anything. I want food!!!! I hope i feel full. I'm nervous that it won't work for me

Day 2 taking my ppi. Did decide to switch things up this am..figured the snow gave me an excuse. Drinking Decaf coffee...trying to give my body a different flavor of somerhing. Hoping that helps too....thank god for my husband..he has been cooking but honestly he made a tater tot casserole for the kids the other night and it smelled so good I sat there inhaling for a moment and I pretended to chew...sounds so stupid but it worked...no joke.

Good luck. I hope everything gets resolved this week when you see your doctor.

Acid can definitely mimic hunger, and that's probably what you're feeling that far out. That said, my friends who have had the surgery report that they DO feel hunger-that the not feeling hunger thing is B.S. But they're satisfied after a small amount of food, which is what's different. :)

I am 11 days out and so so hungry. Feel like they didn't do the surgery. It's so hard making food for my family. Everything I cook smells like the most a,axing thing ever. I have no probs drinking anything. I want food!!!! I hope i feel full. I'm nervous that it won't work for me

It's hard to feel satisfied during the all liquid phase. The desire to chew perfectly normal. However yes, acid can mimic hunger pains so make sure you're taking your PPI. Once you move onto purees and soft foods, you'll feel more satisfied.

Acid can definitely mimic hunger, and that's probably what you're feeling that far out. That said, my friends who have had the surgery report that they DO feel hunger-that the not feeling hunger thing is B.S. But they're satisfied after a small amount of food, which is what's different. :)

I'm 4 mths and yes I do feel hunger, but I also get full quickly and both the desire and ability to over eat is gone.

I will be 4 weeks post-op this Friday and I started feeling hunger again about a week ago. Not sure if it's all bad though- reminds me to stop and have a couple of bites. I'm still in the purée stage but still rely on Protein Shakes as my main source of Protein. Puréed meats still feel like they get stuck but I can tolerate a few bites of cottage cheese. Surprising how little it takes to fill up. My fridge is full or "leftovers"!

I am only a little over 2 weeks out, but I don't feel hungry. I sometimes have noises going on in my tummy, but that is NOT the hunger pains I had went through prior to surgery...not by far! I am usually always sipping something...and if I go too long without liquids, I feel horribly thirsty, but not hungry. Or at least not at this stage yet. I am on an acid-blocker, for those that aren't, perhaps you may want to try that. HTH!

I am almost a week post-op and I have been noticing hunger. However, I get full a lot faster, and I eat SO slowly. It took me an hour to finish 1/2 a cup of blended minestrone Soup and I felt so nourished. It's hard at night, though, I will say. :-/

I'm 7 weeks out, and I'm not feeling all that hungry. I eat just because it's lunch or dinner time. But I also start my day off with a large Protein Shake which I nurse most the morning...so that could be why.

I am 5 days post-op. And the one thing I was hoping this surgery was going to do for me was stop me from being hungry. Before the surgery, I was hungry all the time. Literally 10 minutes after finishing food, I would be hungry again to the point where my stomach growls. After surgery, it's the same. Only now it's worse. I am still on liquids only and every food I swell or see, my stomach goes off. Even food I would bot have tried before. Make me fear I've made a horrible mistake.

I did add milk. My stomach is just not cooperating. I guess I am two extremes. Either I eat too much and got me to where I am today, or I go on jaw lock down. I see my surgeon on Wed. I am going to ask if there is anyway to open the stricture. I never heard of that but my boss suggested it. Either that, or it means I am still swollen inside. My Soup has shredded chicken in it and after two spoons I have to stop because it seems that it is not going down as it should.

Chicken can ofen be hard to go down in the early stages. Please go to Eggface website or bariatric cookery.com for some great puree stage recipes.< p>Best of luck on your journey x

I am 5 days post-op. And the one thing I was hoping this surgery was going to do for me was stop me from being hungry. Before the surgery, I was hungry all the time. Literally 10 minutes after finishing food, I would be hungry again to the point where my stomach growls. After surgery, it's the same. Only now it's worse. I am still on liquids only and every food I swell or see, my stomach goes off. Even food I would bot have tried before. Make me fear I've made a horrible mistake.

Are you me? I'm 4 days post-op and having the exact same experience. I started feeling real hunger yesterday and have honestly felt a bit overwhelmed by it today. The part that scares me most is that I'm hungry even after a serving of Protein (shake, Greek yogurt). It's like I'm hungry and full at the same time, but not satisfied. I'm feeling pretty terrified today. If I want to lose weight, this may really be my future, and I don't know if I can hack it. I'm going to call my dietician tomorrow and see what she says. @@jenvigil, I'm sorry you're having similar feelings, just know you're not alone. :(

Addendum, a few hours later....I tried boosting my Fluid intake as much as I could, nearly constant sipping of Water, and the sensation of hunger dropped almost completely. Four days post-op--so many things to figure out! Very reassured now, though. :)