Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I haven't read this entire post, but I felt the need to comment. I am a little on the fence with the politics of abortion. I don't think the government has any business in women's private lives. I think a lot of it has more to do with controling women than saving babies (or fetus, whichever you prefer). I don't think a woman that is raped should be forced to carry the child, and I don't think a young girl impregnated by incest should have to have that child either. Some people will argue that they can put the child up for adoption, and while I agree that is an alternative, I still feel like they have every right to abort.

But I also think women, and the general public, who are pro choice have no idea what actually occurs during an abortion. I think women who are considering an abortion are kept in the dark by doctors about what actually happens. I think if more women considering abortion watched a video of one actually being done, quite a few of them would change their minds. Being in the health profession, I have watched many videos of the procedure and seen many pictures of the babies after they have been aborted. It is not pretty. The baby is torn apart from its head in the womb. Since the head won't fit through the suction machine, the body has to be dismembered. After the rest of the body has been sucked out, the doctor then has to pull the head out. It is very bloody, and the first time I saw one, I thought about how violent it actually is. Has anyone ever seen the video Silent Scream? If you haven't, I suggest you go to youtube and watch it. It shows an ultrasound picture of a baby being aborted. You can actually see the baby thrashing around right before it is dismembered. You can also see its heart rate go up and see as it tries to get away from the surgical instruments. It is not bloody, but I found it very sad. The doctor that was preforming the abortion allowed the ultrasound to be filmed, and after he watched it, he never preformed another abortion.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I just think everyone needs to be informed about what actually goes on. I find it very hard to believe that these fetuses don't have feelings. I think everyone who sees the video will probably feel the same.

Carrie,

For the most part, I suppose I would say I'm pro-choice in that I don't feel the government should be involved in making those decisions for women.

But I have to tell you, I can't get the description you gave out of my head. I think, especially being pregnant right now, that really affected me. I'm sort of a weird pro-choicer in that I don't think I could personally get an abortion but I don't feel we should pass judgement on those that have. Thanks for giving everyone a little insight.

I have posted to this thread before in the beginning, and got a note saying someone has posted to it, so here I am again on my soap box. I am with you Carrie, and anyone else who thinks like you. The Government controls enough, but to control a woman's body is going a little too far.

Abortion is not and should not be a means of birth control. But to ask a rape victim, or a child pregnant by incest should be able to have an abortion. The thing I have said before and will say again is........ we have to educate our women and teach them they are not what they look like. So much interest is put on how a woman looks and it is enforced by the "Raggie Mag's" that are in print, and exposed every where. When a woman does not think she looks like this Pic of some skinny, unhealthy model saying you have to look like me to be pretty. Then this girl starts to feel less then and tries with everything she has to look that way, no matter what it takes. We are told by the media what is pretty and what is not. It makes me sick seeing how we use and abuse our women. We should be working on this instead of after the fact. Then maybe our young girls would not have to have baby's at such a young age just to prove they are OK as females.

To say nothing about how we treat the orphans in this country, why would anyone think about putting a child up for adoption.

Butch

Om Sai Rama

libra, I agree with you. I have never been pregnant, but I don't think I could have an abortion either. But I have never had to make that decision so I also don't think it's right to judge.

I think girls get pregnant way too young too, especially here in the south. It is almost unheard of for a women here that is my age not to have 2 or 3 kids. And a lot of people here are against birth control too. But what I find funny is, they are against birth control, but not against having sex and babies outside of marriage. Not to judge anyone, but I think a lot of people who believe like that need to get their priorities straight.

Hmmm, I live in the south. I am a bit confused by the statement "It is almost unheard of for a women here that is my age not to have 2 or 3 kids." You are 30. By the time I was 30, I had both of my kids. I had one when I was 24 and one when I was 26. Is there something wrong with having your kids before 30? Sorry, I just didn't get that statement.

I went to You Tube and watched that video, "The Silent Scream". Wow, that really affected me a lot, more than I thought it would. I have always said I personally could never and would never have an abortion. That just strengthened my belief. I am still not sure I have the right to force my beliefs on others though. I would love to see every woman considering having an abortion be required to watch that video though, and see if they still feel the same afterwords.

I find it funny how men are pro-life!! Like a man could ever know what it's like to have an unwanted pregnancy! Let's face it, it is perfectly acceptable in our society for a man to leave his children and have nothing to do with them. However, if a woman were to leave her children it is untolerable! So NO MAN will ever tell me what I will and won't do with a child in MY BODY! They will never know what that is like! My husband has no idea what it is like to go through pregnancy and have your body go through those changes and never be the same he has not sacrificed near as much as I have and if he even had the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't in regards to pregnancy we would be over!

There is a much worse fate for children than abortion! Just watch your evening news!

Wow, I think that's a bold statement. I don't know I know the statistics of men and their view on abortion, but I have met a fair amount of men who are pro abortion. I would think they would be more towards that side because then they don't have to go through the legalities of supporting someone they hadn't planned on.

I find it funny how men are pro-life!! Like a man could ever know what it's like to have an unwanted pregnancy! Let's face it, it is perfectly acceptable in our society for a man to leave his children and have nothing to do with them. However, if a woman were to leave her children it is untolerable! So NO MAN will ever tell me what I will and won't do with a child in MY BODY! They will never know what that is like! My husband has no idea what it is like to go through pregnancy and have your body go through those changes and never be the same he has not sacrificed near as much as I have and if he even had the audacity to tell me what I should or shouldn't in regards to pregnancy we would be over!

There is a much worse fate for children than abortion! Just watch your evening news!

Well said Cobrien! I could not have said it better myself.

Our body, means our choice!!!

If you got pregnant and your husband doesn't want the child would you expect him to pay for the child? If it was your boyfriend? How can a person expect it to be all their body, their decison but only half their reponsibility?

The physical aspect of having a child aside, men do have alot to do with it and they should. They should take responsibility for the child. I don't know what society you are living in but where I live it is not acceptable for men to abandon their children - ever. Unacceptable before or after they are born. I think we all know what those men are called.

Men may not know what it's like to actually have a baby but I am sure there are plenty of men who know what it's like having a crazy nut job coming after him because she didn't use any birth control.

People should just be careful. I can no longer believe that a child is a choice. Pregnancy is a choice. Sometimes its not planned and sometimes it is. But either way it should be a blessing and not a curse.

If you got pregnant and your husband doesn't want the child would you expect him to pay for the child? If it was your boyfriend? How can a person expect it to be all their body, their decison but only half their reponsibility?

The physical aspect of having a child aside, men do have alot to do with it and they should. They should take responsibility for the child. I don't know what society you are living in but where I live it is not acceptable for men to abandon their children - ever. Unacceptable before or after they are born. I think we all know what those men are called.

Men may not know what it's like to actually have a baby but I am sure there are plenty of men who know what it's like having a crazy nut job coming after him because she didn't use any birth control.

People should just be careful. I can no longer believe that a child is a choice. Pregnancy is a choice. Sometimes its not planned and sometimes it is. But either way it should be a blessing and not a curse.

here here!

Lets not get too crazy on the guys, I sponsor a few guys who believe like I do and up hold women's rights. What I was trying to say is we should look at the way women are set up from the get go as far as how to look how to act, how to "BE". It just ain't right the way we here in this country treat our women. Just watch a movie or a TV show. Forget about the ad's. We treat women like so much meat, movies about rape and abuse and killing are the norm, how sick is that ???? If we saw women in a different light, and treated them like equals, a lot of this problem would stop.

Every time I look at RAG MAG'S in the check out line in the supermarket's, it makes me sick to my stomach. How we portray our women is a sin. So when it comes to unwanted baby's, and abortion, it might help if we started to look at women as people, not sex toys or a piece of meat. We should teach our women how to stand up and not take the shit the media/Madison Ave dishes out. Women should band together, but no.......... they have to see each other as a thereat and competition, where did that thought come from ?????

I see abortion as the out come of a larger problem. So we should focus on the problem not the out come. It only makes sense.

Butch

Om Sai Rama

PS. On the weight side of things. Today I finely broke the 300 mark. I weighted in at 295 lbs. I think that is the first time since High School.

Thought I would just share that. WHOOPI

Butch

Lets not get too crazy on the guys, I sponsor a few guys who believe like I do and up hold women's rights. What I was trying to say is we should look at the way women are set up from the get go as far as how to look how to act, how to "BE". It just ain't right the way we here in this country treat our women. Just watch a movie or a TV show. Forget about the ad's. We treat women like so much meat, movies about rape and abuse and killing are the norm, how sick is that ???? If we saw women in a different light, and treated them like equals, a lot of this problem would stop.

Every time I look at RAG MAG'S in the check out line in the supermarket's, it makes me sick to my stomach. How we portray our women is a sin. So when it comes to unwanted baby's, and abortion, it might help if we started to look at women as people, not sex toys or a piece of meat. We should teach our women how to stand up and not take the shit the media/Madison Ave dishes out. Women should band together, but no.......... they have to see each other as a thereat and competition, where did that thought come from ?????

I see abortion as the out come of a larger problem. So we should focus on the problem not the out come. It only makes sense.

Butch

Om Sai Rama

I think as a society we do it to both sexes. Men and women are suppose to act and be a certain way. Any deviation form what is expected and the person is looked down upon. Even though most people do not act like they should.

Both sexes are held up to an unattainable standard or expectation. How many Brad Pitts has anybody actually seen in their lifetime?

Hmmm, I live in the south. I am a bit confused by the statement "It is almost unheard of for a women here that is my age not to have 2 or 3 kids." You are 30. By the time I was 30, I had both of my kids. I had one when I was 24 and one when I was 26. Is there something wrong with having your kids before 30? Sorry, I just didn't get that statement.

No, I didn't mean to say there is something wrong with you if you have your kids by 30. I was just commenting on what fuelman said about young girls getting pregnant so young because they feel it is the norm and the thing to do. In my town, it is almost unherad of for a woman my age not to have a kid or 2. People think I'm abnormal because I don't have any and don't even know if I want any. I didn't mean to offend at all.