Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

What pray tell does being from Chicago have to do with anything?

Wow! you people believe evry word that protrudes from his mouth, don'tcha? Don't you know that politicians lie? He's from Chcago at that.

Well, I happen to think Texas is a bed of corruption (does Tom DeLay ring a bell or R. Allen Stanford?)

And I have no reason not to believe Pres. Obama. Did/do you believe that bush lied?

Do you know what an analogy is? maybe you should look up the word.

Yes, I know what an analogy is. That was a poor example of one if that was what you were trying to do.

I wanted this and tried to make a poll but couldnt figure it out. I am glad you did.

I wish it had a undecided choice too.

Only 18 votes so far. Hmmmm..

edie

off subject but when you hit Tennessee visit McMinnville, thats where I am at/ :thumbup:

Uh I'm afraid she's right patty. That wasn't an analogy. At least not as I understand the word. Maybe your interpretation of the dictionary is different from ours. There's always that chance I guess. We don't often agree on meanings and interpretations, eh?

Just wanted to share....

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Abortion: 1 : the termination of a pregnancy2_bing.gif after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus: as a : spontaneous expulsion of a human fetus during the first 12 weeks of gestation — compare miscarriage b : induced expulsion of a human fetus

Wow and no where in there does it say "murder"..hmmm.

From medterms.com:

Definition of Abortion

Abortion: In medicine, an abortion is the premature exit of the products of conception (the fetus, fetal membranes, and placenta) from the uterus. It is the loss of a pregnancy and does not refer to why that pregnancy was lost.

A spontaneous abortion is the same as a miscarriage. The miscarriage of 3 or more consecutive pregnancies is termed habitual abortion.

Again...no "murder"

PG,

Knows the definition. She just likes to make up stuff in her mind. Sort of like the imaginary friends with kids. They happen to be real to her, the word murder is real to her, but the rest of us just look at her and shake our head since we know the legal definition.

So technically if you've had a miscarraige then you've had an abortion...sad, but true

and there would be more young girls doing things to make themselves lose the baby and going over the border to have abortions and more young people abusing and shaking babies that they never wanted and were not ready for and leaving their babies in dumpsters

So, because they might do this, that justifies keeping the law as it is? So, let's allow drugs to be legal because people are going to use them anyway. We might as well make it safer for them to use drugs by legalizing tham. Oh brother!

Just as abortion is legal and should be,( as far as you're concerned)why not make drugs legal then? Duh! Because they shouldn't be!!! Just like abortion shouldn't be.

Just because someone might use drugs in the back alley illegally (like they might have an abortion in the back alley illegally) doean't mean we should make them legal so that those who think of doing that won't get hurt.

That's an analogy.

So technically if you've had a miscarraige then you've had an abortion...sad, but true

But without the blame for it. No prison time for her.

Just as abortion is legal and should be,( as far as you're concerned)why not make drugs legal then? Duh! Because they shouldn't be!!! Just like abortion shouldn't be.

Just because someone might use drugs in the back alley illegally (like they might have an abortion in the back alley illegally) doean't mean we should make them legal so that those who think of doing that won't get hurt.

That's an analogy.

Patty, you really twist things sometimes.

Please do not talk down to me by telling me to look up words and saying "Duh!" . I did go to college for a very long time and have a degree. I took many biology classes including embryology. I know exactly what a fetus is and what an abortion is. I know what an analogy is. I'm am 45 years old and have a grown son and a grandson. I live in the real world and have real experience with many issues like this one. Please don't dumb it down.

I actually agree with you on many or your rants and raves on other issues. I was raised Christian and to have good marals and values.

I am a registered republican. I did not vote for Obama. You are out to cut down and fight everyone so much that you are biting off your own foot sometimes. I am not as heavily involved in politics or religion as you and do not quote the bible. I comment on this issue of pro choice/pro life as a woman. Don't talk down to me please.

Sorry, abortion is legal. As far as I am concern, it's been one.

But without the blame for it. No prison time for her.

But why? You don't know there's no blame. What if she did drugs or drank or was obese or too thin....what if it was her fault....should she be imprision....it's an abortion after all...that's taking the life of an innocent

Maybe I am missing something here, but I think a miscarraige and an abortion are two completely different things, and should not be compared. Usually a miscarriage is not a choice.

I also think it is completely absurd to expect a women who has been raped, and ends up pregnant due to the rape, to keep the baby, or expect her to carry it for 9 months because it's "murder" not to. I was raped when I was 15 years old. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like to have ended up pregnant due to that, much less being told I had to keep it.

I know several women who have had abortions, andas cold as it may sound, I think everyone including the baby was better off.

Maybe I am missing something here, but I think a miscarraige and an abortion are two completely different things, and should not be compared. Usually a miscarriage is not a choice.

I also think it is completely absurd to expect a women who has been raped, and ends up pregnant due to the rape, to keep the baby, or expect her to carry it for 9 months because it's "murder" not to. I was raped when I was 15 years old. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have been like to have ended up pregnant due to that, much less being told I had to keep it.

I know several women who have had abortions, andas cold as it may sound, I think everyone including the baby was better off.

Technically a miscarriage that happens before 16 weeks or something is considered a spontaneous abortion...so my question to PG was should those women be charge with murder too.