Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

She doesn't NEED to do any of that...you just WANT her to!!!!!!! Well you "know" me and I have never had any of those about my aboriton! EVER!!!

I didn't say every person I know, I said just about every person I know.

patty: "If you don't believe in God, then where would you even get the concept of a heaven or a hell?"

Btw, who says I don't believe in God? That is at least the second time you've projected your feelings on me. You do not know what you're talking about. You do not know me. You have no idea what I believe with regard to God, except that you do know that I do not buy what you're peddling.

Oh really? You do believe in God? What's his name?

Patty, you said earlier that the topic of masterbation isn't clear in the Bible. Well, I don't think the Bible is clear on the topic of abortion either.

There are many scriptures that talk about God forming a life in the womb, and the baby in the womb being a living being. There are also scriptures that talk about the punishment that anyone who deliberately or even accidentaly hurts or strikes a pregnant woman and her baby is killed in the process should receive. I will look them up if you want specifics. just ask.

What Does The Bible Say About Abortion?

This is from a "freedom from religion" website. What do you think they're going to say?

"Out of more than 600 laws of Moses, none comments on abortion. One Mosaic law about miscarriage specifically contradicts the claim that the bible is antiabortion, clearly stating that miscarriage does not involve the death of a human being. If a woman has a miscarriage as the result of a fight, the man who caused it should be fined. If the woman dies, however, the culprit must be killed."

"According to the bible, life begins at birth--when a baby draws its first breath. The bible defines life as "breath" in several significant passages, including the story of Adam's creation in Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Jewish law traditionally considers that personhood begins at birth."

"Many antiabortionists quote the sixth commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" (Ex. 20:13) as evidence that the bible is antiabortion. They fail to investigate the bible's definition of life (breath) or its deafening silence on abortion. Moreover, the Mosaic law in Exodus 21:22-25, directly following the Ten Commandments, makes it clear that an embryo or fetus is not a human being.

An honest reader must admit that the bible contradicts itself. "Thou shalt not kill" did not apply to many living, breathing human beings, including children, who are routinely massacred in the bible. The Mosaic law orders "Thou shalt kill" people for committing such "crimes" as cursing one's father or mother (Ex. 21:17), for being a "stubborn son" (Deut. 21:18-21), for being a homosexual (Lev. 20:13), or even for picking up sticks on the Sabbath (Numbers 15:32-35)! Far from protecting the sanctity of life, the bible promotes capital punishment for conduct which no civilized person or nation would regard as criminal."

If there's one thing I know about the bible, it's that you can't just skim through it and pick out the things you would like it to say in a sentence here and there. You have to read the 'whole' thing and see the bigger picture about what God desires from us. That is what this website did with there assertation of what 'they' believe God intends. They did NOT read it all and therefore don't know what they are talking about.

"The bible is not pro-child. Why did God set a bear upon 42 children just for teasing a prophet (2 Kings 2:23-24)? Far from demonstrating a "pro-life" attitude, the bible decimates innocent babies and pregnant women in passage after gory passage, starting with the flood and the wanton destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, progressing to the murder of the firstborn child of every household in Egypt (Ex. 12:29), and the New Testament threats of annihilation."

SO SAYS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

Everything that is told in the scriptures is told for a reason. So that mankind can learn from it. For instance. The story of the bear....Elisha pronounced a curse similar to the covenant curse of Leviticus 26:21-22. The result of what happened to the youths who jeered at Elisha, God's prophet, gave warning of the judgement that would come on the entire Nation should it persist in disobedience and apostasy. Thus Elisha's first acts were indicative of his ministry that would follow: God's covenant blessings would come to those who looked to him, but God's covenant curses would fall on those who turned away from him.

Like I said, You need to read the 'whole' thing, not just pick out verses to back up what you believe.

Oh really? You do believe in God? What's his name?

You know what you are out of control! You are attacking people now!!! This is about discussing abortion...if you want to know which "God" someone believes in pm them don't sit here and call them out like you're Jesus' second coming!

Everything that is told in the scriptures is told for a reason. So that mankind can learn from it. For instance. The story of the bear....Elisha pronounced a curse similar to the covenant curse of Leviticus 26:21-22. The result of what happened to the youths who jeered at Elisha, God's prophet, gave warning of the judgement that would come on the entire Nation should it persist in disobedience and apostasy. Thus Elisha's first acts were indicative of his ministry that would follow: God's covenant blessings would come to those who looked to him, but God's covenant curses would fall on those who turned away from him.

Like I said, You need to read the 'whole' thing, not just pick out verses to back up what you believe.

You can't just pick and choose because you don't like what your Bible has said. The qouted scripture! How can you say they're twisting things and saying what they want to be said...the quotes are coming from YOUR GOD"S BIBLE!!!!!! I'm pretty sure if you follow the Bible you should follow ALL of it and not just pick and choose what you like and what you think God wants....

patty, I'm afraid I don't understand your question: What's his name? I thought you knew all about HIM and that you certainly shouldn't need me to post HIS various monikers.

Whether I believe in God or I believe in the rocks, the trees, the sky, the sun and the moon is quite beside the point here. It isn't important for me to publicize my spiritual beliefs, especially to one who is so judgemental, one who is so positive that she has the only real truth to the meaning of life. I will tell you only those things about myself that I want you to know. I only tell as much as I want to in order to make my points.

For you to decide that anything I've said is proof of whether I believe in God or not, just shows me how very single-minded and shut off from some very good people you are. And the reason you are shut off from some very good people is because you close the door right in their faces. You are continually working with very limited information because you choose to work that way. If you truly cared about people, you would open your mind, listen to the dialogue, digest its' meaning, ask for clarafication if you do not fully understand, and respond with kind words. You do not work that way.

I'm not guessing here. I'm observing.

Glad to see majority of people here are pro-choice. I also wouldn't choose to get an abortion myself, but I certainly have no interest trying to make that choice for others. I am especially not interested in having male lawmakers in Washington make laws that restrict a WOMAN'S right to choose.

You know what you are out of control! You are attacking people now!!! This is about discussing abortion...if you want to know which "God" someone believes in pm them don't sit here and call them out like you're Jesus' second coming!

You have me pegged wrongly here. I wasn't being vicious in any way. I sincerely wanted to know . And,....... I adressed this to bjeans thread. I wasn't even questioning you.

patty, I'm afraid I don't understand your question: What's his name? I thought you knew all about HIM and that you certainly shouldn't need me to post HIS various monikers.

Whether I believe in God or I believe in the rocks, the trees, the sky, the sun and the moon is quite beside the point here. It isn't important for me to publicize my spiritual beliefs, especially to one who is so judgemental, one who is so positive that she has the only real truth to the meaning of life. I will tell you only those things about myself that I want you to know. I only tell as much as I want to in order to make my points.

For you to decide that anything I've said is proof of whether I believe in God or not, just shows me how very single-minded and shut off from some very good people you are. And the reason you are shut off from some very good people is because you close the door right in their faces. You are continually working with very limited information because you choose to work that way. If you truly cared about people, you would open your mind, listen to the dialogue, digest its' meaning, ask for clarafication if you do not fully understand, and respond with kind words. You do not work that way.

I'm not guessing here. I'm observing.

I didn't ask you in order to get 'proof' that you believe in God. I was asking simply to know. It would clarify to me your beliefs. Pretty much everything that we take a stand on has to do with what we were taught, raised into, have come to believe as we got older, our backgrounds, education, etc. I was curious about yours. Sorry to have intruded.

As far as being 'positive' about having the truth in life, I can say that I DO feel positive. Most people feel positive in the paths they have chosen for themselves, otherwise they wouldn't be on that particular path. So what? There is no crime in that.

I would like to add this.....

I understand that you people I debate with don't care for my style. I am not here to offend anyone. If you've been offended by me, I apologize. My only interest in debating these controversial issues to share what I believe is the reason why they should not be acceptable by mankind. (mainly, that God does not approve of them) If you don't agree with me, that certainly is your right, as I don't agree with some of you.

I seriously considered ending my LBT conversations, but reconsidered mainly due to all of the many personal emails I receive from others who tune in and read, but don't post, who tell me that I am right on in what I say and tell me that they follow my posts, and encourage me to continue. Others who feel the same way that I do about abortion, homosexuality, prostitution, etc., but aren't quite able to speak up on the Lords behalf and what He has to say about sin as I am.

There are a lot of people who agree with you about God and the Bible patty, but it's just the way you say things that bother people.

I would like to add this.....

I understand that you people I debate with don't care for my style. I am not here to offend anyone. If you've been offended by me, I apologize. My only interest in debating these controversial issues to share what I believe is the reason why they should not be acceptable by mankind. (mainly, that God does not approve of them) If you don't agree with me, that certainly is your right, as I don't agree with some of you.

I seriously considered ending my LBT conversations, but reconsidered mainly due to all of the many personal emails I receive from others who tune in and read, but don't post, who tell me that I am right on in what I say and tell me that they follow my posts, and encourage me to continue. Others who feel the same way that I do about abortion, homosexuality, prostitution, etc., but aren't quite able to speak up on the Lords behalf and what He has to say about sin as I am.

There is no proof that God does not approve of abortions! Wow....just a flood of supporters and not one can speak up for their beliefs...I find that hard to believe. So you all can protest outside of Planed Parenthoods, but you can't post on an internet thread...you can vote against it and trash people that have it done, but you can't stand up?

For the proud shall be humbled, but the humble shall be honored." (TLB, Luke 18:9-14)

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (NIV, Matthew 7:1-2)

As Christians, we need to remember that we are all sinners in God's eyes (Romans 3:23), and that God loves all His children, even those who believe differently than we do (Matthew 5:43-48). We cannot afford to let our strong feelings on abortion issues blind us to Jesus' commandment to "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:36-39). (Quoted from What does the Bible say about abortion?)

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived

me." --Psalm 51:5

(How can you be innocent with sin?)

What Does the Bible Say About Abortion? Nothing - Associated Content

The pro-life position is really a pro-fetus position, and the pro-choice position is really pro-woman. Those who take the pro-fetus position define the woman in relation to the fetus. They assert the rights of the fetus over the right of the woman to be a moral agent or decision maker with respect to her life, health, and family security. (quoted from: RCRC - Protestant)