Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Guidelines can shut down a hospital because if drs. are made to perform abortions in a catholic or christian hospital, they will close their doors before aborting babies.

I personally wasn't too keen on carrying my pregnancy to term just because it wreaks havoc on the body. This was why I wanted an abortion although I had a support system in place had I chosen to go through with the pregnancy. My mother had three large pregnancies while she was in her 30s - I was the lightest baby and I weighed 9 and a quarter pounds - and she did suffer post-menopausally thanks to us. She had a prolapsed uterus and continency problems; all of this sounded quite horrific to me. And she was fat! She had been a slender, elegant woman and now she was beefy and had no waist. I put this down to the ruinations of pregnancies and thought that I wanted no part of this. Little did I realize that this was my genetics speaking to me through my mum - ugh! - and that I would gain weight myself in just such a manner post menopause. I don't have to wear adult diapers, though, or worry about a sneeze.

Guidelines can shut down a hospital because if drs. are made to perform abortions in a catholic or christian hospital, they will close their doors before aborting babies.

They will just find docs who WILL Do do it ! Please !

Mindy

They will just find docs who WILL Do do it ! Please !

You're missing the point. It is the policy of most religious hospitals not to perform abortions (not the doctors; the hospitals themselves). If they are required to do so, they will likely close their doors -- on principle -- instead.

As an analogy, when Massachusetts required Catholic Charities to provide adoption services to homosexual couples, instead of complying with the demand they simply closed their doors. I believe they were the oldest adoption service in the state, and they just shut down rather than violate their principles.

If you'd like news links on the Massachusetts issue, lmk and I can post some.

Sorry I think that's bull sh*t !!!

from a CAR CRASH !!!

If you read the entire article (I only put in excerpts), there was more to it than that. It appears there was malicious intent.

The point of my posting it was to cite the laws in that state as not requiring the baby to be viable before murder charges are sought. While charges have not been brought yet in this particular case, the law as it stands in Ohio doesn't require viability for prosecution.

I used to work for a catholic hospital and they would not cover birth control on our health paln. They also required that if a patient was on birth control, the patient had to bring it with her because the nurses weren't allowed to give it to them.

I used to work for a catholic hospital and they would not cover birth control on our health paln. They also required that if a patient was on birth control, the patient had to bring it with her because the nurses weren't allowed to give it to them.

I'm not surprised at all. So you can see why they would close their doors, or at least all of their women's services, before performing abortions.

If you read the entire article (I only put in excerpts), there was more to it than that. It appears there was malicious intent.

The point of my posting it was to cite the laws in that state as not requiring the baby to be viable before murder charges are sought. While charges have not been brought yet in this particular case, the law as it stands in Ohio doesn't require viability for prosecution.

Well then put in the entire article not just portions of it. How do you expect us to know the WHOLE STORY If you only put in portions of it !!! Can we say SPIN ?

Mindy

I agree!!!

I'm not surprised at all. So you can see why they would close their doors, or at least all of their women's services, before performing abortions.

Yea, the hospital I worked for didn't preform women's services. They had a maternity ward at one time, but they closed it. I don't know how true it is, but someone said they closed it because if an emergency were to come in and they had to choose between saving the mother or the baby, they would choose to save the baby, and they were afraid of law suits.

How do you expect us to know the WHOLE STORY If you only put in portions of it !!! Can we say SPIN ?

Oh.my.gosh. Can we say DEMONIZE?

The reason I posted the article was not to share the convoluted story of these young people's lives, and it was not to obfuscate what was really going on.

The reason I posted it was to show that there was a second state that I'm now aware of besides California, which is the one I cited earlier, which has laws protecting the unborn against someone other than the mother killing him or her.

The excerpts I took out demonstrated what I was intending to demonstrate: that such laws are on the books in Ohio as well.

Oh, and btw, the ellipses I put in the middle of the article (. . .) are a cue to the reader that a portion of the article is missing -- so I certainly didn't hide the fact that I cut something out. I even think I said I excerpted it! It was a long story and I didn't want someone to stop reading it before they got to the end.

I agree!!!

Incredible. I did also put a link to the story for those who wanted more information! There was no intent to hide anything!! I'm astounded that you guys think I'm trying to dupe you about something I posted a link to, said I excerpted, and put ellipses in to show where I cut the story.

Fine -- here's the whole friggin' story for those of you who are so interested. I'm not going to bother fixing the formatting like I did last time because it's a pain. Of course it doesn't change a damn thing; the point is still the same -- in Ohio, someone can be held for murder for killing an unborn baby at any point during the pregnancy unless, of course, that someone is the mother:

SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WSAZ) -- A new homicide investigation involving the termination of a pregnancy has police and prosecutors in Portsmouth, Ohio double checking their code books.

It all started with a car accident last Friday night in Portsmouth.

The crash caused a spontaneous abortion for one of the passengers, 18-year-old Jennifer King.

King was just four weeks pregnant at the time.

Portsmouth Police Officer John Peters says King along with two other young women, all pregnant, were cruising in a black Mazda, their friend Ricky Heineman was driving.

Officer Peters says Heineman pulled up to an apartment building and while still in the car, began some sort of transaction with another supposed friend.

“He was either buying a Playstation, or paying off a drug debt,” Officer Peters said.

That’s when the police report says the man outside the car began violently and repeatedly punching Heineman.

“We thought Ricky was dead, and his foot hit the gas, and we drove into the tree, or telephone pole,” King said.

The police report says after being punched unconscious, and dragging the puncher along, Heineman's car plowed into a utility pole where injured and shaken, everyone in the car ran

“There were a thousand people chasing us, after us,” King said.

The police report says the crash caused Jennifer King to suffer a spontaneous abortion and police and prosecutors say by law, the apparent unlawful termination of a pregnancy calls for a homicide investigation.

“In Ohio, a crash with the death of an unborn fetus is looked at as a fatal crash,” said Officer Peters.

“He needs vehicle manslaughter or something, there were three pregnant women in the car and he still did it,” King said.

Heineman suffered a broken nose, concussion and fractured ribs.

The case remains under investigation and no arrests have been made yet.

Police say assault charges are possible in the punching incident.

As for the fetal homicide case, the charge could range anywhere from involuntary manslaughter to aggravated murder.

Yea, the hospital I worked for didn't preform women's services. They had a maternity ward at one time, but they closed it. I don't know how true it is, but someone said they closed it because if an emergency were to come in and they had to choose between saving the mother or the baby, they would choose to save the baby, and they were afraid of law suits.

Carrie, do you mind telling me what hospital it was? I'd like to do some research on it.

That wasn't even a long story...it made no sense to shorten it...The act was done with Evil intent which is murder...an abortion is not murder...that is why he should be charged...