Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I have so many comments and no time today, so I'll just post few.

Perkins, who opposes preventing abortion through contraception

Uh, no. There's a difference between opposing contraception and opposing public funding of contraception, especially when that public funding is received by the same groups who promote and provide abortion.

the Guttmacher Institute, a non-partisan policy institute

The Guttmacher Institute is by no means non-partisan. It is the research arm of Planned Parenthood.

Troy Newman of Operation Rescue told the AP, "It's another Planned Parenthood bailout," referring to largest provider of prevention services in the US, "It covers their overhead."

Planned Parenthood is the main provider of abortion throughout the US. Pro-lifers are understandably opposed to the organization, as we believe it to be an organization that supports, encourages, and provides a killing service. Therefore, is it difficult to understand why we don't want public funding of a "different division" of Planned Parenthood?

Would anyone here support public funding of the KKK, but only for the "educational branch" of the organization? I know that sounds extreme, but consider our position here. From our perspective, Planned Parenthood kills babies all over the country. Why would we want them coming into our schools, indoctrinating our children, and receiving public funding? This isn't an extreme stance at all.

Thanks Cleo, that is what I have been trying to say as well. There are a lot of prolifers who want to make contraception illegal as well as abortion.

The article was about public funding of contraception, not making it illegal. Big difference. I don't believe in public funding of tattoos, but I also don't think they should be illegal.

My husband and I had 7 children together. 3 Boys and then a girl and then 3 more boys. After our 2nd son, we took in 2 sisters who were born to an alcoholic and drug addicted mother, They were 2 and 8 months at the time and they were neglected and had some physical problems. Nothing that was too severe. One girl has scoliosis, and asthma and is often sick. She came to us malnurished, and with scabies. The other sister was born deaf in one ear and had speech impairments. She also had growth problems throughout her life. She took shots for growth, and at 22, now is 4' 10", so she did well for we took care of it early enough. When she was 16, we discovered that she was born without ovaries, so she can't have children. This is a big disapointment to her now, for she loves kids. She is a slightly slow mentally and needs some help with controlling finances for she can't count money. She came to us malnurished also. Then, after I had my 5th child, we took in a 12 year old who is slightly schitzophrenic and socially inept. He is 24 now and doing well. He graduated 4years of college and is a supervisor at UPS. He is looking for work in his field of business and computers. It just goes to show you, that even children with problems can grow up to be successful. right?

Inspiring, pattygreen. Thank you for posting this -- but mostly, thank you for doing this -- and putting your money where your mouth is.

Funny green!

Thanks for your post, Cleo's Mom.

The other paradox which is so puzzling to many of us is that the "right-to-life" (which is their moniker of choice) people, support the death penalty. No amount of explaning can justify that. I think that calling themselves "right-to-life" does not appropriately describe what they advocate.

I think it is a little extreme. Planned Parenthood does so much for women that doesn't involve abortion. There used to be a planned parenthood where I live when I was a teenage. They didn't preform abortions there. They did Paps, treated STDs, and gave birth control. It was very inexpensive. I used to go there when I was a teenager to get my birth control. I remember they used to give 3 packs for only about $12. And it was all confidential. They didn't tell parents their kids came there. But a prolife group came and ran them off. It left a lot of women without insurance no where to go for affordable birth control and women's health issues. It also left teenagers no where to go for confidential birth control and treatment. Now there is a women's group, AAA, I think, in the building. They help women who are already pregnant. But they do nothing to keep women from getting that way in the first place.

"Why would we want them [Planned Parenthood] coming into our schools, indoctrinating our children, and receiving public funding? This isn't an extreme stance at all."

It is both extreme and stupid. People like Sarah Palin hold these extreme beliefs and look where it got her daughter.

Of course no one is accusing Sarah Palin of being a brilliant woman (except in the looks department and ability to string sentences together - she's brilliant at those.)

I think it is a little extreme. Planned Parenthood does so much for women that doesn't involve abortion.

Again, look at it from our perspective. They are an organization which kills people. I don't care how much supposed "good" they do; I don't support taxpayer funding of any "division" of an evil organization. Again, if the KKK had a division which, say, cleaned up debris from city streets, would you support public funding of that division "only"?

It is extreme and stupid. I think Planned Parenthood's goal is to elliminate the need for women to have to have abortions in the first place by providing birth control that is easy and inexpensive to obtain. (though I'm sure prolifers will disagree)

It is extreme and stupid. I think Planned Parenthood's goal is to elliminate the need for women to have to have abortions in the first place by providing birth control that is easy and inexpensive to obtain. (though I'm sure prolifers will disagree)

I absolutely disagree, and again don't appreciate your calling something I've said, "stupid". It has recently been exposed that Planned Parenthood has repeatedly covered up child statutory rape, they have no problem accepting donations from people who have a stated goal of killing black babies, and the list goes on. This is no shining city on a hill. They are a for-profit organization that makes their money on abortions.

And with that, I'm gone for a while. Have fun blasting pro-lifers. I noticed that no one commented on pattygreen's response to the request for her personal story about adopting special-needs children, even though the request for her to provide that information seemed to be in a thinly-veiled accusatory, unbelieving tone.

Call my post what you will. I'm just as free to make statements about what is right (intelligent) and what is extreme (stupid) as anyone else here. Everytime I say anything at all you've decided it's all about YOU. My, my, my.

To hear anti-choice people tell it, you'd think that Planned Parenthood is the KKK. That's not at all extremist, eh?

Planned Parenthood has a history of doing many, many important things in our communities for women. Things that mothers won't do for their daughters, for instance, when the mother's belief is to preach abstinence and no abortions.

If a girl were to be date raped and became pregnant, for instance, and she knew her mother held those beliefs, she might need Planned Parenthood's help to prevent her mother from forcing her to have the baby, totally against the girl's wishes.

Which is, of course, one reason why anti-choice people are so against Planned Parenthood.

They insist that all women live by their rules though, not just their daughters.

Edited by BJean

Everytime I say anything at all you've decided it's all about YOU. My, my, my.

Well, considering you quoted something I had just said, it's not an unreasonable assumption. Of course, you put it in quotes rather than replying to it with my name attached, so I'm pretty sure you wanted to hide the fact that it was from me. It's a bit transparent and you're not fooling anyone, but whatever floats your boat.

Planned Parenthood has a history of doing many, many important things in our communities for women.

Do you really, really want to get into the history of Planned Parenthood? Because Margaret Sanger is the poster child for racism, eugenics, and all sorts of other wonderful crowd-pleasing beliefs. We can go there if you want.