Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 days out. And I'm struggling with fluids and every shake I've tried pre-op and now just tastes too sweet. To processed. I got Atkins and even tried adding reduced sugar nestle quick. Still a no go. Help!!!

stay away from ready made shakes if you have a anti sweet thing going on. I Personally could not take any ready made shake. My personal favorites are the Syntrax Nectars products especially the fuzzy navel and Cappuccino.

Not that im promoting myself but you can watch my video taste tests of many products and flavors on my blog at http://cuttingthefatwithaknife.blogspot.com My trick to get in all your Protein is

1. use a blender to mix your shake it just plain mixes better.

2. With the Syntrax products I use a scoop and a half which gives you 35 grams of Protein and I only use about 5 ounces of Fluid ( either Water or 1% milk , Water for fruit flavors, milk for the chocolate, vanilla etc.) Then if I could only get in 2 shakes I would get 70 grams of protein which is great.

3. Follow your teams plan, they know what they are doing, but do not be afraid to ask about alternatives and flavors you might like.

4. A lot of companies will send you free samples if you write and say you are doing taste tests.

5. Keep your head up, you can definitely do this!

I drink the ready made shakes In chocolate (premier protein) I've been drinking them Since pre-op. Syntrax was too sweet for me (I can't stand the fuzzy navel still, I have a whole container wasting in my kitchen) I'm 3 months out and can Just now use the PB cookie syntrax . I use a half scoop in my ready made shake with a bit of added Water. If you need to add some water or milk to thin them out a bit do it. I wouldn't Stay away from them they have a wonderful amount of Protein (especially for a newbie) just adjust it to your liking. I love ready made. They are super convenient and no clumps. I have no doubt you will find a good one for yourself. Good luck!

Edited by Elode

@@genise82 - It's taken me 4 mths to find a Protein powder I like. I finally tried Isopure Naked whey. Also known as unflavored Protein. The only ingredient is whey protein isolate (26 gms per scoop). I mix it in my hot tea, in my Soup, in 50/50 diluted apple juice and in my greek yogurt. I even mixed it in Water. It made it cloudy but didn't change the taste.

Edited by BLERDgirl

Does the isoprene unflavored give it that "chalky" feeling or after taste? I tried an unflavored and while it didn't taste like a flavor it tasted like..."something not great" to add to my regular crystal light. I'm still pre-op so I'm just taking in all the info I can. I'm not stocking up because everyone says not to. Lol

@@Grateful_Love - I have experienced no chalk or grit in the time that I have been using it. I don't drink crystal lite so I don't know if a chemical reaction occurs with using them together, but I doubt it would. I personally found the Isopure an easy way to add Protein to my normal foods.

Thanks @blerdgirl. I'll grab some and try it. Do you think that it's "safe" to stock up on this type of Protein?

My husband works 1p to 9p. And I wanna make sure that I have enough stuff on hand for the immediate days after surgery since I won't be able to drive out and grab anything.

I bought mine from The Vitamin Shoppe. The smallest size it comes in is 2lb canister. Save your receipt and if you do not like it you can return it.