Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP How do I get all my protein?

At my appointment with my Nut today, she said that I should not be using any :huh: Protein suppliments, I should be able to get 60 - 80 g of Protein from the foods I eat. I am supposed to have 500 to 600 calories a day, 3 meals a day and no snacking. What is everybody else eating to meet these requirements? I am 7 weeks out.

I track with myfitnespal

Scrambled eggs with sauteed green. red pepper, onion and chopped smoked turkey

Spicy Thai chili tuna with bean sprouts

Pork tenderloin with white cheddar au gratin broccoli

I'm allowed to have a snack but not to graze food all day. Snack I might have Jerkey

I eat every two hours about 2 oz of food, if that. I will have an egg w/cheese in the morning with a mixture of fruit, grapes w/cubed cheese, stuffed pepper w/beef & cheese, string cheese, chicken w/veggie, etc.

I have eaten this way since I was able to start mushy food and I just continue. I was told by my doctor that there is no such thing and Breakfast, lunch, dinner and Snacks anymore. With me this routine works. I have a hard time sitting at one meal trying to get down 2-3oz of food (not happening). So eating 7 small meals daily is awesome.

You should try and see if this works for you. BTW...........I have not had a Protein drink since my 2-weeks prior to my surgery. My stomach just does not like it :(

Annamarie

I occasionally by an Atkins scrambled egg frozen dinner. I still do the occasional Protein bar. Lots of greek yogurt and cottage cheese. cheese sticks, turkey and cheese deli wrap, etc.

If you need some dinner ideas I have been doing some low cal, low carb, high Protein dinner videos on my vlog

I found a great recipe for mushroom caps. I have also done fresh salmon filets, slow cooker lasagna, etc. Hope it can help ya find some ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKINy8MHcOQIjZnhWvssY7Q/videos

I still have a shake every day. I did go through the period where I thought I could never drink another one or I would die.

But now that I am in the swing of things, I have one first thing in the morning. It is my pick me up. My 3 month and six month follow up I was told what ever I'm doing keep gm doing because everything was great. My Protein levels were excellent.

I don't try to get my total intake without it. All the other posters are right with excellent suggestions. But ... shakes seem to be a staple for many.

Turkey burgers and venison have alot of Protein. tuna, fish and seafood too. Jerky and eggs.< /p>

One shake for me has 30 grams of Protein

Interesting, my NUT said I will probably need Protein powder/drinks for the first year.

I would never be able to get enough Protein without my Protein Drink (I cannot eat that much). I use Unjury chocolate splendor and a scoop of ûnflavored GENEPRO in 8 ounces of Water shake it up in a Blender Bottle and get it really cold. I love it. And I didn't think I would ever stomach another protein drink, but since about 1 1/2 months out I drink one a day, with the two Proteins I get about 51 grams of protein. My levels are excellent and my NUT said she didn't care if I had to supplement my diet with Protein Drinks for the rest of my life. I wonder why some NUT's don't want people to drink protein drinks. All my other meals are high in protein also. Mostly 2 ounces of lean meat and I am full. For Snacks I usually have a few nuts.

^^^ I agree. At 7 weeks out, I could never have hit those numbers. I drank a shake for Breakfast everyday for at least the first year.

My NUT said I will likely need Protein Shakes for awhile. I think they want to make sure you are eating food, and not relying on Protein drinks for all of your nutrition.

Does anyone know if premier Protein shakes are lactose free?

it has milk Protein concentrate listed... and says at bottom contains milk.

My sample diet from 8+ weeks shows TWO Protein Shakes per day in addition to 3 meals.

I also wonder why some NUTs would say no Protein shakes? ?