Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I going to have my procedure on Feb 11 and many people who have had VSG suggested that I find a Protein powder/shake that I like so I don't have to experiment much later. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really like the muscle milk Protein Shakes. Is that a good one to use?

The $10,000 question. Try doing a search for Protein or Protein Shakes. This question is asked nearly daily. There are several really good threads with tons of information.

Your taste may change after surgery...... what tasted good to you pre-op may taste horrible post op and vice verse.

I drink the Atkins Protein shakes.....15G Protein, 3 net carbs, and 160 calories for a 11 oz shake.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is another Protein powder that gets great reviews and to me is delicious! You can order a sample pack from their website. Unjury is not sold in stores.

Hope this helps some.

There is a Muscle Milk out now that has 40 grams of Protein per 12 ounces. I wasn't sure if milk protein was as good as whey protein isolate, but my nutritionist said it was okay. I've stuck to Isopure powder the last three months because it makes me feel healthy and the weight has been coming off at an adequate rate. It has 50 grams of protein per 12 ounces with no carbs or sugar. Many people complain about the taste of Protein Drinks, but it is something you just have to get used to. They say it takes 15 times before the taste becomes tolerable. It's doing great things for your body and that is what is important. Just grin and bear it, I say. The taste of Protein Shakes aren't nearly as horrible as apple cider vinegar. I use to drink 6-8 ounces of it daily and eventually lost 50 pounds. I'd rather drink Liquid Protein than that again any day.

My son had his sleeve 3 years ago. After buying and trying hundreds of dollars worth, he finally found one he liked. Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, Gold Standard, Rocky Road, 5 pound. I haven't had my surgery yet (hopefully next week), but I do have my Protein powder! I bought a shaker bottle & Jason instructed me to add a scoop or 2 to the bottle, add 2-4 ounces of COLD Water & shake. You can add a couple of ice cubes if you prefer it colder. He said, "the thicker the better"! I tried it & it's good!!! He said not to waste my money on others, he already did! So I'm not!!!

Good luck to you in your weight loss experience!!!

post-159280-0-32705500-1421859587_thumb.jpg

@@WL WARRIOR - I just got the Isopure unflavored and love it. I've had it in hot and cold beverages so far. I like that the only ingredient is whey isolates.

Oddly enough I like the taste of ACV. I use Braggs organic. I used to put it in my Water bottle everyday. I haven't done so since surgery since I wasn't sure if it would upset my stomach.

Syntrax matrix Peanut Butter cookie with almond milk and ice, blended!

Also premier chocolate!

I rocked the chocolate muscle milk light, and hopefully will do so after surgery as well. I was recommended the GNC lean shake but it has a plasticky aftertaste.

Thanks everyone! I will look into this. I just want to find a happy medium between what will help me lose weight, will not upset my stomach after surgery and taste!

I've been using Premier protien shakes from costco it has 30 grams of protien. It's premixed so no fussing with a blender. I've used it for years as an emergency meal when I couldn't stop to eat. I think it's great and if you try the vanilla you can put some Crystal Lite powder in iyt for a different flavor, strawberry is a good one. My surgery isn't until March 3rd. so I've been trying to figure out what I will need as far as Soup and unflavored protien powder. I've gotten some excellent suggestions.

Sorry,thumbs down on the Premier Protein. Nutritionally it's good bang for your buck but in my opinion they just don't taste good. Vanilla is their best strawberry is so so and the chocolate is awful but they are super convenient.

I am on my preop, and have tasted a few. So far, I really like Unjury chicken Soup, it tastes like top ramen, Unjury chocolate Splendor was delicious too. Bariatric Advantage banana was tasty. I also have unflavored Unjury, which the NUT suggested sprinkling on food to get extra Protein in. I will also have Premier Protein on hand, as it is 30g of protein. :)

The Lucerne lite protien shakes (from Safeway) if you have a Safeway grocery store near you are pretty good. The vanilla taste like melted ice cream and the chocolate tastes like dark chocolate. They have 27 grams of protien.