Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh when am I gonna learn to eat slow

I'm 2 and half months out and have had 3 sliming/vomiting experiences. They were all TERRIBLE and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I think having these experiences is the best way to help us learn.

For me, the best thing is to not let myself get too hungry. When I feel very hungry is when I scarf, and when I scarf, I end up in pain. Do what you can to keep from getting too hungry.

Good luck!

I know I shouldn't but I like to blame the family of speed-eaters I live with! Hehe!!

I have had a couple of these incidents. And when I told my doctor he was like ..Please, Please try not to let that happen for any reason, He was very worried about Staple/Suture line...He said if he could he would leave all his patients on liquid for six weeks to give us all time to heal :huh: my sleeve seems to hate any kind of bread or breading and most meat.< /p>

Hmmmm, I'm 4 weeks out but am not on beef or pork, or chicken yet. Only seafood, fish, shrimp, scallops, crab.. well u get the idea. I'm thinking if you threw up on the meatloaf it may be very early for you to consume beef.

That's one of the very last things we r supposed to consume

Try something lighter.

I have never slimmed or thrown up. thank goodness. But it bores me to take 45 minutes to eat. I can't get 4 oz down only 1/2 of that so I go back an hour later to try and finish up... "boring" . Lol, hopefully that will all get better too!

I'm working on the no drinking while eating too (grumbles) I take a few sips. But no more old school chew, swallow, gulp.

Same problem here, I really have to concentrate. I've even used that app, Eat Slower. It does help.

I was literally terrified of this pre-op since I am a fast eater and did NOT slow down pre-op. What has helped for me is the old fashioned advice to chew each bite 30 times. When i first started with solids I actually sat and counted. Now that I am 2 whole months out it is now a habit and I don't think about it. When I am having something I really like and find myself speeding up, I start counting!

OMGoodness! This is hard for me. I usually eat fast when it is past my eating time. So, I try to eat every 2 hours even if it is a hand full of chickpeas. But it is still hard. Grammy gave some good advice. I try to place my fork down and then chew chew chew. What I do sometimes I will read while I eat and it helps me to slow down. I introduced salad greens back into my diet the other day and ate too fast. It hurt really bad. I didn't take my time and chew properly

Edited by motherof5

I eat fast too :(

I haven't thrown up yet. I don't eat much though.

I am 16 months out and still have this problem. I think I got comfortable with the sleeve at about 10 months out and then gradually I stopped eating slowly. This has now resulted in pretty much instant puking or like others have said, feeling like the food is stuck, which puking is really only what fixes it for me. Eating slowly is something I have to work on too, which is probably bad since I should be used to it by now.

I did it again. I had an all day appointment that went over by three hrs. Followed by an hr drive home. I ate so fast when I got home I didn't get any thing to stick ugh

I used the "get up and do something else between bites" tonight and it was outstanding. It really helped to slow me down and be more mindful. Excellent advice!

I threw up twice today, i am 9 day post op

Edited by Pac-woman

I've decided to have a syntrexx at night and then try to eat a little solid