Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh when am I gonna learn to eat slow

Yep that hurt.

Sometimes I forget and still do that!!! :)

I have to not get so hungry!!

It is bad for me at work because I am usually doing something else. I need to be more mindful.

when am I gonna learn to eat slow

@@Countrygrrl

dear speedy gonzales LOL :lol:

old habits die hard :blink:

but they must die :o

i used to eat fast, fast too :huh:

my "tool" was a shovel :lol:

i kept digging myself in a deeper hole :angry:

eating too fast???

KNOCK IT OFF!! :D :lol:

eating too fast - its like hurry, hurry keep eating

otherwise someone is gonna grab your plate from underneath you!! :o

I frequently use a baby utensil when i eat

you can only go so fast when you are using a baby spoon ;)

when i eat my yummy yogurt i have a teeny spoonful

then i take a break - move the plate - and restart

its great

or using regular silverware

taking your fork/spoonful

after you are done chewing

put utensil down for a couple of secs

it DOES work/help - but you have to keep practicing

you know what they say about practice ;)

you can do this :)

you must

and you will :)

41 lbs total down pre and post op

that's great :rolleyes:

keep up the good work :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm having the same issue! Was sleeved on 12/9 and had my first throw up incident. I find the only way I can control the way I eat is if I take a bite then get up and do something in between bites. I know that's totally against what the "proper" eating rules are. :(

Sleeved 1/8/15 I don't get urn. Maybe I'm drinking slow but I when I need Water I have gulped it :/ haven't felt anything. For cottage cheese or yogurt when I eat it I eat spoons of it but half and just wait a minute .. What happens and how do you know if you eat fast

Sleeved 1/8/15 I don't get urn. Maybe I'm drinking slow but I when I need Water I have gulped it :/ haven't felt anything. For cottage cheese or yogurt when I eat it I eat spoons of it but half and just wait a minute .. What happens and how do you know if you eat fast

For me what happens is it either comes right back up, or feels like it's stuck and going to come back up any minute. I usually have to walk around and breathe to help it stay down. It mostly happens when I am not paying attention, taking too big of a bite topped off with not chewing enough. A year out and still learning lol.

I gulp Water. And it doesn't hurt

I don't have issues w gulping liquids but to answer your question .... When I've eaten too much/too fast/too big bites it feels a little uncomfortable right between my chest bone and just under that. I usually rub that area and like the person said before. Take long slow breaths and walk around.

Last night, for the first time it was a whole new level. I Basically had to burp and then threw up a little.. Gross I know but we are all about honesty here...., that felt better so when it happened the second time a few min later I didn't fight it. I just let it come back up. I don't plan on letting any of that happen again any time soon!!!! It was so uncomfortable, thankfully I was home!

I just cant gulp anything...the pain ...at work i'll have a shake and it takes me forever to swallow...since am so afraid if i swallow too fast it will hurt.

I'm going to get baby silverware. When I was younger i had a eating disorder and I am fearful of rapid eating followed by vomiting causing some positive reinforcement with weight loss.

I had my first sliming incident this morning from eating too much/too fast. I'm 2 weeks 2 days out and was eating grits. It was scary. It was a very weird sensation. It felt like the food was stuck just below my throat and that I needed to burp, but I was scared to because it almost felt like if I did I was going to choke. I decided to drink something hoping that would help the food pass on through, but that made it even worse. It hurt really bad. After a few minutes I burped and up came the slime. Gross! TMI, but that was definitely a lesson for me t slow down and STOP when I'm full. I had even remarked to my husband that I never thought I'd see the day when I couldn't finish a pack of grits...then I kept eating. Ugh!

Just had a bad experience myself. My doctor is ultra conservative about moving on from liquids so at 4 weeks since my surgery I'm just moving to soft mushy foods. I made a little piece of meatloaf - very soft and moist but within 30 seconds of eating it, I had to run to the bathroom for it to make an reappearance! I was so afraid I was the only one but it's reassured me to know that others have had this same thing happen. I think I'll just have a Protein shake later if I want something.

I have been able to eat just fine. Turkey burgers NP now I cAnt finish half my shake ugh. I'm kind of glad .