Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I drink Kefir for Probiotics and Smooth Move tea works for constipation...

I didn't think much about probiotics. Then I was listening to Dr Radio and they were talking about it and why they are so important. Well I got some Activia because I like yogurt and it made a big difference. I don't have Constipation any more.

Why everytime I asked my doctor about Constipation he keeps referring me to probiotic pills does that suppose to be good for constipation? I'm 7 1/2 months out so upset with this freaking standstill I've lost 93 pounds but nothing in the last month any sugg2estions???

I experienced constipation for several weeks. I'm 8 weeks post op. I started taking probiotics 3 weeks ago and within 24 hrs regularity kicked in . I swear by them.

One of the doctors I work for swears by probiotics...I work for a gastroenterologist office

I eat a lot of greek yogurt so I never bothered with probiotics. Then again I guess the amount of yogurt I eat is why I am never constipated.

I tried probiotics (55billion CFU daily) Metamucil, benefiber, Miralax and milk of magnesia. They all helped to a certain extent, but the best thing that works for me and produces soft, daily BM's, is insoluble Fiber. Besides eating high fiber foods, I add at least 10g INSOLUBLE fiber to my Protein smoothie everyday.

I tried probiotics (55billion CFU daily) Metamucil, benefiber, miralax and milk of magnesia. They all helped to a certain extent, but the best thing that works for me and produces soft, daily BM's, is insoluble fiber. Besides eating high fiber foods, I add at least 10g INSOLUBLE fiber to my Protein smoothie everyday.

Kindle, I'm lookIng around and I'm wondering what brand of insoluble fiber you use and were do you get it? Thanks

Edited by catdaddy

I have been taking probiotics since day 1 post op per my surgeons recommendation. It does help with the Constipation issue. My surgeon also gave me a few medical articles that support the use of probiotics in obese patients to help support weight loss and help nutrient absorption. I take the Philips Colon Health probiotics.

I would love to know about insoluble fiber too!

Some of my favorite fiber supplements....

Garden of Life Raw Fiber: 5g insoluble 4g soluble bonus 7g Protein. The only problem with this product is that it gels up and thickens whatever you add it to. Tried to mix with Greek yogurt and it turned it into a cement glob. Works fine in my large 24oz smoothie.

Renew Life Triple Fiber: 3g insoluble, 1g soluble, 3g Protein. I use 2 scoops in my smoothie and it doesn't gel as bad as the Raw Fiber. I also mix it in yogurt, protein pancake batter and whole grain oatmeal.

Good ol' flax seed: 5g insoluble, 2.5g soluble. Basically use it like the Triple Fiber above. The omegas are a bonus.

I also like Kashi GoLean Cereal that has 13g protein and 10g insoluble fiber per cup. Mix it with a Greek yogurt/milk slurry and different flavored Torani syrups for a yummy snack loaded with protein and fiber.