Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so we are not supposed to feel hungry correct? Well I swear since I'm 3 weeks post op and just started last week soft solids fish, seafood, soft fruit and veggies, soft Pasta, crackers etc. I feel hungry.

I cannot eat 4 oz at one sitting most of time but i resume an hour later. Went to doc first time after surgery this Monday and am down 24lbs. he said is good because he only expected 15 lbs.

When I asked his nurse about me feeling hungry she said I shouldn't but that the hunger part of the stomach being removed does not work for everyone!!!!! WHAT??? Has anyone heard of that? I thought that was the entire purpose!!!!! Please weigh in on feelings of hunger or is it just gas bubbles??

I feel hunger too. And just like you I can't eat much in one sitting but can easily resume an hour later. So I usually leave my chicken or whatever sitting out, munch on it a few more times, then put it away when I'm done for good. If I don't do that, I might go grazing for something unhealthy, and that's never good. But, no matter how hungry I get now, it is nothing compared to what I felt before the surgery.

Yes you feel hunger but the point is you now only have limited space. Your job is to make goof nutritious food choices to fill that space. I'm not sure Pasta and crackers even though allowed should be a big part of that. They are sliders foods, food that the sleeve will tolerate but provide little nutritious benefit. Remember your eating goal should always be Protein first then veg and get in your fluids. It is also possible that part of what you are feeling is acid. They are difficult to differentiate at first.

@ BLERDgirl Thanks because i was thinking it could be acid or gas. Reason being I was never a "hungry" person pre-op so found it weird I would be post-op when its supposed to do the opposite.

Yes I have never had any Pasta yet, well in my chicken noodle Soup. I use 2 crackers when i eat Peanut Butter. Not a big Pasta eater. Doing tilapia, salmon, and chicken breasts right now. Peanut Butter and alot of refried Beans which is probably keeping me "gassed" up.

But trying to eat the things I like that contain Protein.

Only veggies I have eaten so far is broccoli and green Beans.< /span>

Any eating suggestions please share.

@@aclinton16 - Try dipping apples in your PB instead. As for veg I would go for chopped spinach instead of broccoli or green Beans. Spinach has more Iron and Protein and is not as fiborous as broccoli or green Beans. Fiborous veg can produce gas and be harder to digest. Your nutritionist should be able to give you a list of recommended foods. I also eat a lot of soft scrambled eggs or finely chopped hard boiled eggs. In my egg salad I use half plain greek yogurt and half mayo or skip the mayo altogether and use a bit of avocado which is a healthier fat.

@ BLERDgirl

aaaah ok, yes i have only eaten 2 eggs thus far on the plan and i have had 1/2 an avocado over the week. I normally eat a flavored oikos greek yogurt. But are u saying to use it as a mayo sub? (the plain?)

Apples, huh didnt think i could eat those yet.... I will double check as i love a nice granny smith... I'd gladly sub that for cracker. I was thinking cracker would help absorb some of that darn acid or gas I'm bothered with daily.

Egg salad yes! ok have only made tuna so far... but egg salad..cool Beans Thanks

Apples are good if you can have them - you may want to take the skin off, that is harder to digest. When I was 3 weeks, I found a lot of times that I thought I was hungry it was either gas/acid or I was actually thirsty and needed fluids. I would use a chewable GasX and if I still felt "hungry" I would start sipping more. Most times that would satisfy me.

Congrats on your progress so far & good luck!!

Edited by hillgirly

@@aclinton16 - Yes plain greek yogurt instead of mayo. I am partial to FAGE 0% greek yogurt and use it instead of mayo. You can't taste the difference and you get bit more Protein. I don't buy flavored yogurts. I am hypersensitive to food additives such as artificial dyes and fake sugars so I prefer to buy the plain and add my own fruit.< /p>

Edited by BLERDgirl