Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who don't know your date...

Those 6 mos are gonna go by so fast. Seem like mine did. I started my 6 mos July 2014 and completed everything this past Dec. I also thought t g at it would take forever, but it actually went by pretty fast.

Im ready now, but ins. Says not till March. They have to wait till early March to submit to ins, then wait for approval and then schedule the date. It will be here soon enough. Im nervous and excited at the same time. I cant wait!!

April! :)

my booking coord says once I have my psych eval (next monday) and the info is sent to him he will give me a date... hoping for February

Just had my first consult today. My insurance requirements aren't as bad as I thought so Im guessing may or June if im approved.

I guess I'm just that typical ignorant patient, because I just can't seem to understand the process.

I will see my NUT for the last visit on 1/29, THEN everything that I've done for the last 3 months will be submitted to insurance. Once Insurance gives the go-ahead I will get my surgery date.

So who knows, it could be late Feb or even March. And then on top of that, if you work full-time like myself...you need to figure out when to request time off to do so.

I wish my insurance consultant at my bariatric office was friendlier, she's about 100 lbs. soaking wet and every time you ask her something, she looks at you like you are literally the dumbest person to ever grace her presence.

That's every doctors office hun. <3

Edited by Stephanie Salsera Perrott

I just started this process. My first appt. with the surgeon was yesterday. My insurance company requires me to meet with my primary care physician 6 times (every 30 days) for discussion about diet, weight and exercise. Therefore, my surgery won't happen until July. At first, I was disappointed that it was going to take that long. However, after thinking about it, it might be a blessing in disguise. For one thing, my kids will be out of school so I won't have to worry about drop off and pick up lines. Secondly, it will give me some time to concentrate on walking and getting myself more physically active. I'm sure that will help me to be at least a little healthier for surgery and recovery.

Hi ladies, I think I'm getting CLOSE to getting my date!!! I had my ultrasound, surgery class, meeting with the Director of the Hospital Bariatric program, and a metabolic breathing test yesterday. According to my checklist I have to do my psych clearance-which is next Tues, one more lab test (stool sample...ugh) and my last appt which is now scheduled for Feb 11th! So, they will submit to insurance after that appt! I'm excited but I have to admit the nerves are REALLY kicking in. I'm praying for favor with the insurance company. I have struggled with the losing weight during the program, I go down, then up, down then up. I hope they don't deny me for that reason, I've done everything they require.

So, also-can I ask for some advice?

I was sort of thrown a little curve ball yesterday. This whole process I have been trying to work towards having the sleeve. I met with the BIG WIG of the Bariatric Program of my hospital yesterday. He told me that after reviewing my charts, progress, etc. that he recommends that I have the full bypass. He said that he has personally seen quite a few patients who don't succeed with the sleeve and eventually go on to have it revised to the bypass. I think I looked like a dear in headlights!!! Thankfully the surgery class was right afterwards so I got some questions answered about things I was worried about. FOR EXAMPLE-the malabsorption thing. It was explained to me like this. The malabsorption component means that my body would absorb less of the fats and sugars out of the foods I eat, thus resulting in better weight loss. It's not like it's going to cause HARM, it's a good thing...an extra bit of help. If I would eat, let's say, an oreo-full of sugar. I would have the dumping syndrome and probably bring it back up. It's an extra level of feedback that my body would have stating NOPE YOU CANT EAT THAT! Trust me, it won't take me long to not try to eat sugars and bad things if I'm throwing them up!! So even though it's a more complicated surgery, because of what the doctor reccomends, do I try for the sleeve or go-ahead with the full bypass? (Cross-posted)

Just received approval today from Fidelis. The prior Auth lady said for surgery on Feburary 16. I guess I will just have to wait to hear from the surgeon.

Week after next, I'm thinking!

@@Katie, I know more people who have gained all their weight back, and more, after bypass then by sleeve! Plus, I would also not want to be on supplements for the rest of my life!!! Just a thought!