Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who don't know your date...

I sign the consent for surgery tomorrow so looking at the end of March beginning of April.

End of April or sometime in May hoping for end of April though gotta wait to see what all else I have left to do.

I have my last appointment (chest xrays and pulminary function) on monday! woo! Then April 7th the surgeons review my case and if all goes well, they send off for insurance approval. I am hoping to have an early May surgery date! Im so excited to be soooo close!

I also am not sure of my date yet. The waiting game is terrible, I feel I have so many questions on the process. I have completed my initial consult with labs, psycholigist and testing, dietician and the MD of the program, as well as the excercise doc. My BMI is over 50 so my insurance waives the 6 month supervised doc appts(BCN of Michigan). They are fast tracking me since I have no other issues besides my weight at this point. Instead of a month in between appointments, I go back in two and a half weeks to meet with the Psychologist, Dietician and MD again and also complete the Body Comp Scan. The doctor is not ordering any other medical screening. I think after this appointment I will meet with the surgeon and have papers submitted to insurance. I am hoping for a Surgery date of sometime at the end of April. Am I correct in the process so far?

Edited by weightlossmama2

I'm looking at May! I'm self pay, so hopefully it will move along quicker!

@nikkimarie_1991 I'm self pay too, also expecting a early-mid May surgery date. Next week I will be able to make my halfway appointment (started the process March 2) with the surgeon and get a date. I should be done with all of my requirements by the end of April. How are things moving along for you?

LindsB-I just had my consultation/1st appointment on Wednesday. I did my physical and health history. I have to have a sleep study done (I'm doing it tomorrow) and my second appointment is Wednesday. I'm doing my EKG and blood test on Wednesday. I feel like it's moving pretty quickly. I don't have to do any of the nutrition classes or special diets (except for pre-op)

My classes end May 19th. I'm hoping to be able to do the surgery at the begin in of July. I'm a dental assistant, so my job is very hard on the body. My plan is to take a month off.

I am hoping for April but won't know until I get my medical clearance which started this week. :)

I'm see my primary dr on 4/1 to get my medical necessity letter. Then on 4/7 is my appt with the surgeon to submit paperwork to insurance and pick a freaking date!!

I started my Options classes 2 weeks ago and I'm thinking surgery would be around September!

I'm going for my orientation on the 13th (finally!) Judging by others in my area with Kaiser I should be sleeved by summer and I'm hopeful for a July surgery date. Since I don't really know the entire process I'm prepared to wait longer, I just can't wait to finally go to the orientation and get the ball rolling! I feel like I've been waiting forever since I had to reschedule my first appointment in March and the class is only held once a month!

I want to have my surgery at the beginning of the summer, I guess it is because I live in the Northwest that will be the best time that would allow me to get out and walk after. I just hope that I have success from it. And I am scared. I have only had 2 other surgeries in my 50+ years, and don't like hospitals.