Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had a rash on my breast on-and-off for awhile now, even before surgery. I saw another post that said something about it being from yeast - but I don't understand how that works. I thought a yeast infection affected the vaginal area. Is that what the breast rash is from, a yeast infection?? In terms of the breast rash, I thought it was just dry skin. I have a post-op appointment tomorrow, should I show the doctor?? I have gotten them several times!!! Help - sometimes it itches pretty badly!!! :unsure:

You can get yeast in any area where the skin folds touch. Is it under your breasts? Moisture helps it grow. You can any Monistat or athlete's foot type product on it but documenting with your doctor can help if you ever need plastic surgery and want to see if insurance will pay for it.

Yes show it to the dr so it can be documented, if you have insurance and want to get the ins to cover any skin removal those types of things being documented will help. My PCP told me after the surgery to come in for any kind of rash, skin irritation, etc so that it can be in my chart.

I do get the dry Patches as well though. Idk what it is, I just throw some shea butter or coconut oil on it and it goes away pretty quick.

Edited by woo woo

If the rash is under your breasts, it can be a type of yeast or a type of heat rash. I had this issue during the summer when I was running a lot a few years ago. It was bright red and bumpy and a little itchy. I of course became moderately freaked out because it can be a symptom of a rare form of breast cancer (obviously probably not your problem and it wasn't mine either, lol). With a bit of research I started putting the Dove solid roll on deodorant in that area. I did that for probably two years before my lift and augment this summer and I never once broke out in the rash again. The deodorant helps keep the area dry and prevents any chafing that may also be irritating the skin.

Ask your doctor though- it's his job to know what's going on and worst case he can refer you to a dermatologist. Try the deodorant thing though, I swear it was the trick to fix my issue!

Try Balmex diaper rash cream. Best product ever!