Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

???? Calling all March Sleevers....let's support each other!????

I would ALSO like to know what all to ask the surgeon-get idea kaninag!!!

I think is important to know what the pre op requirements are, if you are on medication how to handle those (ie if diabetic do you take your med the day of surgery) etc.

I'm writing down questions as I think of them. My main one is when can I go back on my birth control. Had to be off of it for two weeks prior to surgery. just had my first shake of the day for preop diet.

Here are a few questions I have:

Will scar tissue around my band be an issue?

When do I come back for drain removal?

When can I restart medications more specifically Metformin?

How long do I have to wait to exercise?

What is my lifting limit?

March 9th (at 7:30am, first case of the day) for me and I just started my pre-op diet today!! While I am a tad bit nervous regarding the potential nausea afterwards, I am so excited to be celebrating my 40th birthday in Nov with a healthy lifestyle transformation! I feel like my surgeon and my NUT have done a outstanding job helping to prepare me! I will be in the hospital for two days and will have a drain for the first 24hrs (my surgeon told me this is to make sure there are no leaks) and will also have a foley cath for the first 24hrs. We are all in this together and I cannot wait to be a spokesperson for this wonderful weight loss tool!

Still no date, but I had my psych and nutritionist evaluations today and both signed off. I have an endoscopy Friday morning and then my next appointment with the surgeon Friday afternoon, and the nutritionist said that if the endoscopy comes back normal, we might also be able to do consent forms and schedule a surgery date on Friday!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I would love to be able to do surgery on March 30 or 31 when my husband's school will be on spring break. I know I won't need to be taken care of for a whole week, but it can't hurt to have the option!

Once I have a date I'm sure it will start to really feel real, but right now I kind of feel a little helpless because there are no hoops left for me to jump through... I just have to be patient. Good luck to those of you on liquids. March is just around the corner!

I am scheduled for March 10th. A little nervous but ready! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Jeancu1

I have been scheduled for March 4th, however it is now official because I now have my approval from the insurance company. Now the real nerves have set in. I have waited to tell family till the approval was in, and now that I have put it out there I am so nervous. I am quite panicky. I know I am doing the right thing so why am I so freaked out? Family is very supportive thank goodness, but wow I just dunno.

Hi! I am scheduled for surgery March 10th. Started my liquid diet yesterday. A little nervous but sooo ready! Good luck to us all!

Edited by Jeancu1

I still haven't told my parents. I kept telling myself I would tell them when I knew it was approved and I had a date...now it's a week away and I still haven't told them.

I contemplated not telling them til after surgery--but I'm afraid their might be complications and then I'll feel really guilty. They also live 2 hours away and this winter has been brutal for us and I haven't seen them since Christmas.

Ahh it freaks me out.

I just can't wait til I'm on the other side of this.

Gratefu Love -How about going this weekend for a visit ...

I have been scheduled for March 4th, however it is now official because I now have my approval from the insurance company. Now the real nerves have set in. I have waited to tell family till the approval was in, and now that I have put it out there I am so nervous. I am quite panicky. I know I am doing the right thing so why am I so freaked out? Family is very supportive thank goodness, but wow I just dunno.

I'm scheduled for March 4 as well. Good luck!

March 2 here!! I started the process two years ago with my 6 months physician assisted weight loss. I was pretty successful and no longer needed surgery at that time, then life happened. The weight came back on(plus) we moved to a new city last fall, new family practice brought up the subject of surgery mid December and now here I am 5 days away! Talk about a whirlwind! On day two of pre op liquid diet. Hasn't been too bad so far. Just really want Monday to get here and over with so the healing can begin and life start getting to my new normal