Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers ❄️

Congrats on the first 5k! Hey, those are the days you can see weight go in the wrong direction and still smile. When you exercise so much more than normal, your body demands exactly what it needs. Sure, you could have found better ways to eat, and hopefully next time you will, but just doing that activity is a huge accomplishment. You may take an extra week to lose the weight gain, but your body will be better for it. Stronger, more muscular and better apt to lose in the future.

My brother is a bike racer and told me that all the cyclists agree you never lose weight during the race season. It's just too hard contending with what your body requires. But it's during e offseason that the racers get so thin they can fit into toddler clothing. What I take from that for my exercising is I don't expect to lose much on my most vigorous workout days. But it's exactly those vigorous days that set my body up for big losses on the more normal workout days.

Two weeks ago I went on a monster ride, over 60 miles with a mountain. I burned almost 5000 calories, but only lost 0.2lbs that day cause of all the food, salts, power bars and shot blocks I consumed, not to mention a glass of wine that night. But in the two weeks since that ride I've lost 9lbs. Sure, I exercise daily, but 500-1200 calories usually. And I've been good on my food intake. But I personally think that huge workout day jump started my body to burn more calories and that's why the last two weeks have been so prosperous. I'm planning another huge days soon.

Anyway, my point was, congrats on the 5K and don't let the immediate weight response mean more than it should.

Thank you so much!! I would love to start bike riding, I think it's time to invest in a bike ????

So set myself a personal goal and need to really stick to it. I fell of the wagon cause I could not eat Protein in the meat sense and was not even sure what to do. Yea I looked into other high protein food and what not but just didn't like all my options. So I went to my nutritionist and she gave me a list of things I can try because the actually weight loss as majorly stalled and I was feeling bummed cause I knew and now it is from me add so many more carbs. I have a weigh loss goal to lose 10 lbs this month. If I don't make that I won't die but I think I will be highly disappointed. so here I go and let you beautiful people know how it is going in a week when I weigh in again!

@@Veronica Page hang tough. I feel like you're going to have a windfall one of these days.

Hi everyone I had my surgery January 12th and have been losing an average of 2 pounds a week which I'm extremely happy about. I drink a Protein Shake daily and eat a Protein Bar daily ( pure Protein or quest). I look forward to my protein bar as I get my sweet tooth satisfied that way too! It amazes me how I can eat a cookie or a thin slice of cake with no full sensation but a only a couple of bites of chicken and I'm exploding at the seams! Overall super happy I'm sleeved & enjoy keeping updated in everyone else :)

I can't believe it's May. MAY! NUTSO. So, I'm doing well. I crept into the "overweight" BMI category last week, and when I mentioned it to my husband ("Guess what, honey? I'm OVERWEIGHT!"), his reaction was hilarious. I had to explain that it's a GOOD thing!

Now that the warm weather has finally hit where I live, suddenly everyone is coming out of the woodwork to remark on my weight loss. I think it's a combo of the magic 60-lb number and the fact that suddenly I'm not buried in 20 layers of sweaters any more. So that's a little weird, but mostly good.

I've been able to eat some salad stuff. Still not much luck with cooked veggies, alas. But I'll get there. I've finally been able to skip the Protein Shake for Breakfast and have something more substantial.

And...I've had to size down to a size L a couple of times. WOOHOO.

Hi All,

I've been MIA for a little bit and just read how everyone is doing. Wow, looks like everyone is doing fantastic! :) I have cheated a little bit here and there, but I am amazed at the restraint I have...and that full feeling! Finally, I am able to stop!

@@Veronica Page...you made me smile writing about KFC! I am supposed to have that next week for a birthday party! I am not too sure how to resist "the good part" of the chicken. Maybe I will allow myself one bite of it and then take the skin off. Hahaha. :D

I finally took a good look at myself in the mirror yesterday...and I was not disgusted! Progress! I am amazed at the transformation and am feeling better inside and out. My old clothes from a little over a year ago are fitting again. (I gained 60 lbs last year!). I look forward to the day I can wear this one pair of jeans again...and then say, they are too big! :rolleyes:

The only negative things I am experiencing is not tolerating red meat (ground beef) very well, my hair is falling out a bit (thankfully have thick hair) and my "monthly visitor" being on overdrive. I was told that was normal and my body was adjusting. A little TMI, but I wanted to make sure that others knew it can happen.

I wish everyone continued success on this incredible journey we are all on!

Hi All,

I've been MIA for a little bit and just read how everyone is doing. Wow, looks like everyone is doing fantastic! :) I have cheated a little bit here and there, but I am amazed at the restraint I have...and that full feeling! Finally, I am able to stop!

@@Veronica Page...you made me smile writing about KFC! I am supposed to have that next week for a birthday party! I am not too sure how to resist "the good part" of the chicken. Maybe I will allow myself one bite of it and then take the skin off. Hahaha. :D

I finally took a good look at myself in the mirror yesterday...and I was not disgusted! Progress! I am amazed at the transformation and am feeling better inside and out. My old clothes from a little over a year ago are fitting again. (I gained 60 lbs last year!). I look forward to the day I can wear this one pair of jeans again...and then say, they are too big! :rolleyes:

The only negative things I am experiencing is not tolerating red meat (ground beef) very well, my hair is falling out a bit (thankfully have thick hair) and my "monthly visitor" being on overdrive. I was told that was normal and my body was adjusting. A little TMI, but I wanted to make sure that others knew it can happen.

I wish everyone continued success on this incredible journey we are all on!

:) good to know about your tmi. My "aunt flow" has been on overdrive for two weeks the dr put me on progesterone, I was freaking out.. :) congrays on your success!

Question: has anyone started those Protein or snack bars yet? Im starting to get hungry I think? Breakfast 7shrimp cocktail, dinner the same and lunch I eat chicken veggies or mini raviolli or omelts?

Edited by Aprilhoffman78

Question: has anyone started those Protein or snack bars yet? Im starting to get hungry I think? Breakfast 7shrimp cocktail, dinner the same and lunch I eat chicken veggies or mini raviolli or omelts?

I def eat Protein Bars on occasion. They're small and an easy way to get Protein in. Good for if I need a chocolate fix too. Not the same but close enough.

My intolerance list is small. I just feel gross on ice cream. Actually anything with useless carbs and without protein is not accepted well by my brain. It's being rewired for sure.

I had a goal of losing 45# by the end of the semester (1/07/15 surgery) and I'm there with a week left. Lost 62# since starting this. I'm now in a misses' large. (185#, 66")

What is your favorite bars? What brand?where do you get them?

There are a bunch of decent Protein bars, but just check that they aren't high in sugar or fat. The Think Thin ones are pretty tasty. But remember these bars are usually pretty high in calories. They are better calories than Cheetos, but still can stall your weight loss if you go overboard.

I eat the bars only during or after significant workouts, or if I'm very low on my Protein for the day and just need assistance.

My personal trick when I'm feeling hungry is Light N Fit Greek Yogurt. It's only 80 calories and even flavored kinds have 12g protein. They have tons of dessert favors like chocolate raspberry or strawberry cheesecake and they fill me up. I eat at least one every day and am currently down 93lbs total.

But yesterday was a bad day for me, I cheated with a pineapple upside-down cake and gained a pound. Nothing wrong with eating exactly what you want from time to time, but today I'll be perfect in both diet and exercise.

The majority of Protein bars are Meal Replacements. Therefore they're balanced nutritionally and not of unreasonable calorie content. I have the Pure Protein Bars right now. 30g of Protein, 250 calories. I've never seen a Protein Bar high in fat or calories that wasn't made for body builders.

My calorie intake is averaging 1000-1200 and I'm still losing steadily at 2-4# a week. I don't count calories. I count protein. I rarely eat anything without it or high in sugar. I'd rather have a bar a little high on the calories/fat/carbs than cake. The fats are likely healthy and the carbs are likely complex. I used to eat Balance bars with similar success. Just focus on protein first and you will rarely go wrong. If I eat anything it must have at least 10g of protein. Ideally, 15-20g.

I even eat a lot of fast food. College diet. Lots of crunchy tacos, chicken nuggets, and orange chicken. I can fit 1 taco sans lettuce, 4 chicken nuggets, or half a small entree of Panda Express. I worry about my macronutrients and take my Vitamins. I've got very little stress about what I'm eating and I think that pays off more than stressing about every little detail. Stress hormones are killer and keep people fat.

Thx I havent ventured out too far with food I stick to what I mentioned early my tummy n gall bladder out it gets upset easily im just wanting some crunch and im getting a feeling of hungry or noticing I eaT more ie 6 shrimp to 7,8

Im minus 74lbs :)) im in the 140s now no excercise but im trying to get motivated to start

Rarely take Vitamins :/

Im minus 74lbs :)) im in the 140s now no excercise but im trying to get motivated to start

Rarely take Vitamins :/

That is awesome! I would say I envy you but you busted butt for your success. I haven't put nearly as much effort for various reasons (complications included). When was your surgery and DoS weight?