Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone ever cheated on thier liquid diets and are all liquid diets 2 weeks

Hi everyone im new to the forum and i I'm having my gastric bypass surgery next week on the 14 of january and im super nervous i have been on this diet since the 29 of December and its been really hard for me i have wondered if anyone has ever cheated on the diet and does it really take two weeks to cleanse your liver

I did not cheat on my liquid diet and had a two week diet. The real issue is, if your liver is enlarged when your surgeon goes in, it could result in them having to execute an open surgery vs. a laparoscopic procedure. Obviously if that were to happen, your recovery which is already challenging for some would be more difficult.

I know the liquid diet is hard but it is setting you up for success. The best thing to do is take it one day at a time and before you know it your surgery day will be here.

I promise it is worth it.

If you are having a hard time you might call your surgeons office and they might have some suggestions for you. I know my surgeons office called me after week one to see how I was doing. When they did, I told them that I was so sick of the sweet taste of Protein Shakes that I was not even drinking them all in a day. They gave me some suggestions on what else I could try. For me I needed something more savory and canned broth was not doing it for me. They suggested I get some of mrs. Grass chicken noodle Soup and strain out the noodles. That broth saved me!

Good luck, you are so close! Don't give up now!

I also did not cheat on the liquid diet. It's a mental test and it is hard but think about the reasons you are going through this. You can make it. Give yourself the best chance at success. I'm 3 weeks Postop and am very proud of myself for sticking to the plan.

Good luck

Mike

Mybsurgery is on the 12 and I have not cheated with the diet. I am allowed one lean meal per day 4 oz of lean meat and some green vegetables and even with that it has been so hard, I felt sick the first three days. Nnausea, headaches and tremors. I plan on last two days just stick to pure Clear Liquids. You're almost there, Good Luck

Hello. I'll get my Lapband March 6, 2015. Oh I was doing great the first day the 2 day. Then I got my cycle. 3 day I broke down. I had a little food. I felt bad. I went to gym worked out 2 hours 13 mins. Then I went to see my dr. He ask me how I'm doing with the diet I smiled he smiled. I said I ate a piece of cheese and of turkey. We both laughing out load. He said it's ok as long as next week you go by the book you're ok. I'm like really. So came home ate aliitle of food. I must say my brain was happy no more hungry. I was in a great mood. I can see the shine on my eyes after . Sounds crazy lol I just want finish this diet fast.