Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ppl having bariatric surgery in their twenties!

I'm almost three weeks out. It was a rough start for me in the beginning. Had an infection in 1 of my incision so I ended up going back to the emergency room a day after I was discharged. But now I am okay getting around fine. I can walk I can do regular things. It still hurts to bend over, or sneeze, and lie on my side. Hurts terribly. But it's all muscle pain. I'm hoping it's not serious

I had an incision infection too and honestly getting that taken care of was 10x worse than the surgery. I don't know why my surgeon didn't give me antibiotics after surgery... I hear a lot of surgeons do.

I had an incision infection too and honestly getting that taken care of was 10x worse than the surgery. I don't know why my surgeon didn't give me antibiotics after surgery... I hear a lot of surgeons do.

omg. I so agree! !!!! It hurt like hell. I had anxiety every single time I had to look at it

Aww , you poor things!! I hope you're feeling better now.

I had an infection inside - they gave me 2 antibiotics though every time they'd make me throw up.

How weird is it?!!... I am such a worried!... Every time I feel a twinge or gas moving I think I need to go to ER now haha!!

Have to start thinkin about purée recipes soon :)

Just yesterday I was telling my hubby that I wish I would've had rny before I had my babies. I had soo many complications and 2 of my 3 babies were born quite premature. 1 of them with a long hospital stay. I know we shouldn't play the what if game, but it's hard not to do!

I was talked out of pursuing bariatric by my mom when I was 20. What a different life I could've had. I could've enjoyed soo much more if I would've went through with it back then instead of waiting until I was 35! (I'm almost 5 wks post op now) I think it's great that younger people are getting a handle on their life and health. Don't wait until you've ruined your body. Good for you all. Soo happy for you @@zedqueen! I look forward to hearing about your success.

Aww , you poor things!! I hope you're feeling better now.

I had an infection inside - they gave me 2 antibiotics though every time they'd make me throw up.

How weird is it?!!... I am such a worried!... Every time I feel a twinge or gas moving I think I need to go to ER now haha!!

Have to start thinkin about purée recipes soon :)

lol I've become the same way. I am constantly checking for signs of an infection. Making sure I'm not losing my mind

Hello, I am 21 and 4 days post op- it's something I had thought about for a couple of years- thought do it while I'm younger rather then wait for more complications because of my health- and I can enjoy life and the change without as many responsibility- focusing on myself- it was a huge choice but feeling confident!! :)

how's everyone doing?!

i'm at 9 weeks and have lost 35 pounds since my surgery date.

I feel like that's slow compared to a lot of other people i'm reading about on here -- and i thought i'd lose MORE because i'm young.

anyhow - how about the rest of you all?

how's everyone doing?!

i'm at 9 weeks and have lost 35 pounds since my surgery date.

I feel like that's slow compared to a lot of other people i'm reading about on here -- and i thought i'd lose MORE because i'm young.

anyhow - how about the rest of you all?

it's different floor everybody. I am five weeks postoperative and I have lost 37 lbs since surgery

Hey,

Congrats on the weight loss!!

I'm 3.5 weeks out now and have lost 28 pounds.

I'm not really too fussed about what rate others lose at, as everyone's different. I've never lost this much, so I'm over the moon!!

I am really emotional though - for no reason at all lol!

I'm 27 and I'm having RNY on April 6th. I explored surgical options years ago, but there was a lot of hoop jumping with my insurance, and to be honest, I didn't have the right mindset. I viewed it as a quick fix to my problem and my weight mostly bothered me for cosmetic reasons. To be honest, I'm glad I waited until I was a little more mature and developed the right mindset, even though it meant gaining an additional 30 lbs and enduring a little bit of embarrassment and shame. I knew people who got WLS young and ended up gaining all of their weight back. I think when you have a weight problem in your younger years, it's harder to get in control of, especially if people around you don't have a weight problem.

I am really emotional though - for no reason at all lol!

At my 2-week checkup the nurse asked my how my emotions were doing. I was thrilled with this question as I had become much more emotional all of a sudden and didn't know why. She said something about fat being stored alongside estrogen, and the hormones being released as the fat shrank, or something like that. Anyway, the bottom line was to expect a bit of emotionality for the next little while until my weight loss slows down.