Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not getting my Protein in either. When I talked to my nutritionist about this, she said to make the best effort that I can. I cannot tolerate the Protein drinks. They have sweeteners in them, where if I drink them, I can't tolerate any other food or liquid for the rest of the day. The only 'artificial' sweetener that doesn't make me sick is Stevia.

I am still only eating about 1/4 cup of food at a setting, which makes it hard to get enough Protein in a day. For Breakfast I have 1/2 container of Triple 0 yougurt. That is 7.5 grams of protein. For lunch, tuna or some meat. For dinner, the same. For Snacks, cheese, a small amount of nuts, a few crackers with some no sugar Peanut Butter. I'd love some other ideas of what to eat. Even with meats, I find that I can tolerate best ground meats. I don't know how anyone eats steak or beef. I tried once and it was extremely uncomfortable.

I'd kill to be able to eat some veggies or fruit. But with only being able to eat 1/4 cup at a time and not getting enough protein, I've not eaten any. As a result, the only way my digestive system works is with a laxative pill every morning with my Vitamins.

My Protein goal is 100+ grams. Since I'm on the liquid phase right now, it's pretty easy to get. I'm a little worried about when I start the soft food stage next week. I'm thinking lots of fish and seafood...

deli meat and cheese actually gives you a decent amount for lunch!

I have deli meat and cheese almost every day for lunch. I roll it up and put it in a non-stick skillet and warm it up until the cheese melts.

Almost every morning for Breakfast, I have a Dannon Lite and Fit yogurt and a Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty. That gets me 22 grams of Protein first thing in the morning and in an amount that doesn't over fill me.. Add the two ounces of Boars Head Ever Roast chicken Breast and an ounce of low fat cheese fixed like above and I'm at 41 grams of protein. Chicken or fish for dinner and I'm at my 60 grams for the day.

It's not easy, especially if it's a day that I don't feel hungry. But I'm pretty OCD about my protein and my Water (80 ounces a day) ????

I've been having the same problem with the Protein because I can't tolerate the shakes. I met someone at a support group who suggested unjury unflavored Protein. He says he measures out his complete daily amount of the Protein powder into a tupperware container and he just carries it all day, sprinkling a little here and a little there on anything he eats until the container is empty. He said its a bit pricy, but worth the $$ and he doesn't have to count Proteins.

I ordered mine and am waiting for it to arrive

@@Jkpizano5 I use Fat Secret and I really like it. It will Sync between my Kindle, Iphone and PC. You can set it to track your calories, fat, Protein any number of things. Plus you can tell it your target range of calories and it will track what % you are throughout the day. I also love that you can scan your items into it with the bar codes.

Edited by Sunshine_Gal

@@AC274132 it's myfitnesspal

my fitness pal is my conscience.

I'm at 13 weeks out and most days I don't need to have a Protein shake and can get my 60 g from food.

I eat a lot of fish or shrimp, rotisserie chicken, ground beef, eggs, ricotta cheese (I don't care for cottage cheese), PB2 or even regular peanut butter), cheese, nuts, low-sugar greek yogurt, and lunchmeat. The greek yogurt is really the best option because it has the most Protein for the lowest calories; sometimes I have those twice a day.

For those having trouble with solid meat, try a slow cooker/crock pot preparation--they make the meat super tender and much easier to digest.

Edited by Tootles1975

I'm at 13 weeks out and most days I don't need to have a Protein shake and can get my 60 g from food.

I eat a lot of fish or shrimp, rotisserie chicken, ground beef, eggs, ricotta cheese (I don't care for cottage cheese), PB2 or even regular peanut butter), cheese, nuts, low-sugar greek yogurt, and lunchmeat. The greek yogurt is really the best option because it has the most Protein for the lowest calories; sometimes I have those twice a day.

For those having trouble with solid meat, try a slow cooker/crock pot preparation--they make the meat super tender and much easier to digest.

should share some recipe I'm really having trouble with protein I can't get enough may nothing at all

I think that my problem is that I'm simply not able to eat as much quantity of food. In the example above where someone starts the day with a greek yogurt (and thus gets 10-15 g of protein), I can only get down about 1/4 cup of yogurt, or half of a container. With the best yogurt that I can tolerate, that gives me about 7.5 g of Protein. The same with any of my meals. 1/4-1/2 can of tuna is 7-13 grams. Even if I can force myself to eat that 5 times a day, that is only 35 grams of Protein a day. Quite often I can't get 5 meals in. I don't see that forcing myself to eat more is a good solution, particularly when it is really uncomfortable to eat more than that.

What app is this? I have been looking for something like this!!

The app is My Fitness Pal and it's fantastic. There are at least a couple of permanent discussion threads on the site for people who use the app to find new buddies to share info with. Do a quick search and you should find them pretty easily. I'm there under the same name as here, so feel free to look me up and ask to connect!