Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

should share some recipe I'm really having trouble with Protein I can't get enough may nothing at all

For the slow cooker? You don't need any recipe at all. Just put a beef roast or pork shoulder/butt roast in there with a cup of Water and any seasonings you like and after 8-10 hours, it'll break down really tender and make its own juice/gravy.

Also check out The World According to Eggface for lots of Protein powder-heavy recipes.

I think that my problem is that I'm simply not able to eat as much quantity of food. In the example above where someone starts the day with a greek yogurt (and thus gets 10-15 g of protein), I can only get down about 1/4 cup of yogurt, or half of a container. With the best yogurt that I can tolerate, that gives me about 7.5 g of Protein. The same with any of my meals. 1/4-1/2 can of tuna is 7-13 grams. Even if I can force myself to eat that 5 times a day, that is only 35 grams of Protein a day. Quite often I can't get 5 meals in. I don't see that forcing myself to eat more is a good solution, particularly when it is really uncomfortable to eat more than that.

Well you have to get the protein in somehow and until you can tolerate more food....liquid's pretty much the only option. It's just a necessity. If you really hate the sweetness of the shakes, adding unflavored powder to Soups, Hot drinks, puddings, yogurt is also a good idea. If you can only stomach 1/4 cup of yogurt, then mixing a half scoop Protein Powder in with it will give you an extra 10-15 grams on top of the 7.5.

(At two months out though, you should probably be able to eat a little more than you are--did you check with your doctor to see what he or she says about only being able to tolerate so little?)

Edited by Tootles1975

I am 12 days post op and I am not going to lie. I have been mostly drinking Water and eating Popsicles. I have tried to drink Protein Shakes but the taste makes me gag. I just can't take it! I'm worried about not getting enough Protein. As of now I'm not getting any. My nutritionist only wants me drinking protein with whey isolate. So most of the pre-made protein shakes you find in stores don't meet the requirements. I love yogurt and cottage cheese. But I'm not allowed to eat those yet. I still have another week before my first post op appointment where they tell me I can move on to the next diet phase.

I am 12 days post op and I am not going to lie. I have been mostly drinking Water and eating Popsicles. I have tried to drink Protein Shakes but the taste makes me gag. I just can't take it! I'm worried about not getting enough Protein. As of now I'm not getting any. My nutritionist only wants me drinking protein with whey isolate. So most of the pre-made protein shakes you find in stores don't meet the requirements. I love yogurt and cottage cheese. But I'm not allowed to eat those yet. I still have another week before my first post op appointment where they tell me I can move on to the next diet phase.

Why not try making your own Popsicles with unflavored Protein Powder added? Or a strawberry flavored powder with a lemon flavored popsicle? I had problems with the consistency of the protein shakes in the beginning so maybe in Popsicle form you will be able to tolerate it better. Another thing you could try is the Unjury chicken broth. This is a good option if you're sick of the sweetness of the protein shakes.

Edited by sunflowerchild

I'm 10 weeks out and i get my 60-65 grams in by having my Premier Protein shake for Breakfast which is 30 grams of Protein. Then for snack i will have a greek yogart. Then lunch i have a small chill from Wendy's.

Next a banana for my next snack. Then for dinner i may have a tysons grill filet breast and vegetables. Thats my total today and it was 65 grams of protein and 657 calories.