Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old and new memories.

My losses were great too. So much so that I've yet to recover enough to create new ones. I spent few years in Iraq and cared for many of the local cats. The established military law was to exterminate any animals on the installation. No matter how hard I tried I still lost 14 to this policy. Three babies were even born in my room so I could try to protect the mother and her babies. Eventually I did bring one home, Picks was his name. He was born blind and the only way to save him was to have him live in my room. I used SPCA International to help bring him home. Picks didn't only have blindness going against him though. He had a hole in his heart. He lived for nearly nine months, two of them in the United States and he meant everything to me.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1420415439.182319.jpg

Sorry for your loss....Thank you for everything you do, both for our country and the animals.

My dearest buddy while I was a stay at home mom was a huge and very handsome orange striped cat. He lived with us for 13 years and gave us so much joy and tender memories. We used to joke that he and my daughter were twins because we adopted him about the same time she was born. A part of me died when we had to put him to sleep after he was diagnosed with liver cancer. We've had three cats since him, but it's never been the same. I swear, when I cross to the other side that cat will be there to greet me at heaven's door.

Ugh it's so hard. I joke that it's easier to loose family. I had to put down my gelding 2 years ago at 35. I had him since I was 4 years old. I had to take some time off work I was so sad. Now my toy Aussie Tamales kidneys are failing he's 15. And I keep promising to put him down and not let him suffer... But im a big ol chicken. Bock Bock

We lost our magnificent, beautiful sweetheart doggie unexpectedly a month ago. I still can't talk about it.

It's brutal.

I'm sorry for your loss. They mean so much to us.

My dearest buddy while I was a stay at home mom was a huge and very handsome orange striped cat. He lived with us for 13 years and gave us so much joy and tender memories. We used to joke that he and my daughter were twins because we adopted him about the same time she was born. A part of me died when we had to put him to sleep after he was diagnosed with liver cancer. We've had three cats since him, but it's never been the same. I swear, when I cross to the other side that cat will be there to greet me at heaven's door.

I'm sorry for you loss. I'm sure he's at heaven's door waiting.

Ugh it's so hard. I joke that it's easier to loose family. I had to put down my gelding 2 years ago at 35. I had him since I was 4 years old. I had to take some time off work I was so sad. Now my toy Aussie Tamales kidneys are failing he's 15. And I keep promising to put him down and not let him suffer... But im a big ol chicken. Bock Bock

I wish they could all live as long as us but their fire burns fast and bright. You'll know when the time is right.

Oh boy, putting a horse down is a whole other story. It's hard to explain if you don't have horses, but it's a different kind of relationship than with our dogs and cats. Perhaps it's because we literally trust them with our own lives every time we ride.

And I'm sorry about your Aussie. Kidney failure is awful and not something that can be "fixed". But 15...that's great!

I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy you rescued another to love. He's adorable! He's lucky to have you :) This is my Basset Hound, Daisy. We have 3 Bassets actually, and I love them all to the moon and back, but Daisy is really special to me because my husband had gotten her for me as a pup because he felt I needed something to occupy my time because I had just lost my mom and was taking it really hard. Taking care of a new puppy was just what I needed! Now she's all grown up, and as naughty as ever!

post-212472-0-08482900-1420432619_thumb.jpg

And for all of you who believe we'll see our dear babies in heaven, we are another day closer to seeing them! Always look forward!

All beautiful dogs! So sorry for your loss.....it's never easy. I love my pets like that, too. They are family. I still miss my little Shih Tzu Rosie, who has been gone almost 8 years. I agree, we'll see them in heaven.

:( This is a sad thread...but also an uplifting one!! I love seeing all the fur babies!!!

I lost my kitty Cat of 15 years in September, and that was not easy they spend so much time with us. We remember her every day, and right after she passed we rescued 3 dogs! two pups and their Mamma to add to our collection of 2 other adopted kitty Cats.

Here are a few photo's :)

post-146347-0-69482400-1420472977_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-55409500-1420472992_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-17324500-1420473022_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-40091600-1420473060_thumb.jpg

I love this thread! Keep your pics of your beloved babies coming!

To all you I'm so sorry for your losses. I dread the day when my fur babies are old and can no longer continue. I have 2 little dogs, (1 adopted) and 2 adopted cats. My Zsa-Zsa is a Havanoodle--1/2 Havanese and 1/2 Poodle. My Shadow is a Pohuahua--1/2 Pomeranian and 1/2 Chihuahua. I have two adopted kitties, soon to be 1 year old. Sonnie is a white/orange Tabby and Misty is a beautiful tan, brown and light brown, blue-eyed all American mix.

My sister in law had to bury her horse in the back pasture when it got so old she had to put it down. They used a back hoe to dig the grave. I have a little pet cemetery for the ones I've loved and lost. It's under a very large pecan tree. I have angel statues and solar crosses that light up and change colors. I can sit on my back porch and look at the ones who will meet me on the rainbow bridge when I go (hopefully) to heaven.

I hope you all find comfort in your memories of the good times you had with your critters.post-184479-0-49856700-1420476838_thumb.jpg post-184479-0-71020700-1420476860_thumb.jpg post-184479-0-99337000-1420477012_thumb.jpg post-184479-0-69454600-1420477070_thumb.jpg

My Zsa-Zsa is a Havanoodle--1/2 Havanese and 1/2 Poodle.

My mom had a Havanoodle! His name was Tuffy. I inherited him after she passed. He was 13 at the time of her passing, so I only had him a year after she passed. Almost a year to the day, I had him put to sleep because of his failing health. That was a rough day, but I knew she would be happy to see him again :)

@@Kindle

I'm actually going to apply to volunteer at our local animal shelter. It was one of my New Years resolutions :)