Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone eat below 400 or 300 calories for a year post op after gastric sleeve?

Hey guys! What's going on in this thre....Oh....Um....

*Backs away slowly*

Greetings. This is not enough calories to survive on in any healthy way or manner. Your body will be forced to feed off of itself, not just your fat but also your muscles (your heart is a muscle) and even your organs and brain. Please seek the advice of (ETA ANOTHER) surgeon as well as A Nutritionist regarding this matter right away.

Thank you.

Hi all , happy new year 2015 , I'm new to this forum , I would like to know have anyone eaten below 300 calories for a year after gastric sleeve, what was ur starting weight and previously current weight at the end of the first year, , how much u lost , did u felt hungry. How much of ur stomach was removed and what was ur bougie size. How much of ur excess weight do u lost. By the way I will be under the supervision of medical doctors, so please no negative comments. Comment should only be based on the topic, thanks in advance.

Edited by LilMsDiva Irene Rny

That's called a starvation diet. Short term - say a month or so - you'll lose serious weight. Long term - like for a year -you will develop significant health problems and possibly won't survive.

Is it possible that your surgeon was being sarcastic? At your bmi, research says sleeve should take all of your excess weight. I am 1month out. I spent first 2 weeks at 200sleeping 14 hours a day. At 600 I am able to function and remember my name. I think 800 is where I will try to hang for weight loss.

Best: hey I noticed a lot of people have their very strong opinions, but you didn't really respond. I know you are knew to the forums and I hope these passionate responses didn't scare you off. If you are working with a board certified doctor, Bariatric Doctor, I would follow their plan. That being said I would seek a second opinion considering how different your doctors plan is from most other bariatric surgeons. Is there a specific reason you doctor wants to use this very strict plan? I hope everything works out for you and I wish nothing but the best. Please stay happy and healthy. ❗️????

Well... a very simple point is that you don't NEED to do that to be successful. I lost 150 in 14 months to get to goal following a normal bariatric plan. I am post menopause woman and so younger people probably can lose even faster. Lots of other people with similar stories. No reason to go even more extreme then WLS!

Well... a very simple point is that you don't NEED to do that to be successful. I lost 150 in 14 months to get to goal following a normal bariatric plan. I am post menopause woman and so younger people probably can lose even faster. Lots of other people with similar stories. No reason to go even more extreme then WLS!

how many calories was you taken in?

I understand. I have a very small sleeve and have had a difficult time meeting calorie requirements. I am 9 weeks and and generally eat 500-700 calories a day. I've lost 71 at this point. I started at 360 pounds. Lost 25 before surgery with three weeks of liquid diet. I don't ever feel hunger. So I totally understand. Just make sure you are making good choices with the little bit of food you're able to eat.

Hi all , happy new year 2015 , I'm new to this forum , I would like to know have anyone eaten below 300 calories for a year after gastric sleeve, what was ur starting weight and previously current weight at the end of the first year, , how much u lost , did u felt hungry. How much of ur stomach was removed and what was ur bougie size. How much of ur excess weight do u lost. By the way I will be under the supervision of medical doctors, so please no negative comments. Comment should only be based on the topic, thanks in advance.

If anyone did so I am not sure how they lasted a year. That's starvation. The whole point of this surgery is to get healthy/develop a better relationship with oneself and food/get fit.......

Eating that way can cause some serious life threatening issues for most. I knew someone who did this albeit they didn't have surgery rather they had anorexia and her kidneys and heart decided they had enough of starving and they began to shut down.

Scary and sad.