Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the people actively Losing weight that track food...

I agree with @@Forsythia but my word of advice would be to be honest as possible when using MFP. I don't ever use the quick add calories because to me the macro nutrients are just as important. Especially if you are using prepackaged foods. Sure something might be low in calories, but if it's high in sodium you may not lose because of Fluid retention. Looking at your macros will help you see those types of things.

I think the dominant app/website people tend use is my fitness pal. You can sync your fitbit to it and lots of apps like MapMyWalk or MapMyRun. And you can customize your nutritional profile. So you can set it for 90 g of Protein if you want to. You can also have it showing Fiber intake if that is important, or whatever.

Download a couple apps to your phone. Look at them and play with them. And remember that you are going to see an overwhelming list of foods for something as simple as "roasted chicken". Don't fret over that otherwise you will never be successful at logging your foods (this is what I initially did - I freaked out at not seeing the EXACT sub I had at subway or whatever). Pick one that is a close approximation to the kind you had. Make sure it has all the nutrient profile filled out and move on. Know that unless you are scanning barcodes (which is a handy feature in MFP), calorie counting is an approximate thing - everything depends on how you cooked the item, the flavoring and seasonings you may have used. It is not a hard an fast science!

How do I sync my fit bit with MFP? Can't figure it out!

I use livestrong and it gives me all that info too. That is how I could see I was getting to much sodium. I was getting the Proteins, but my sodium was way out of control, so this could be what my problem is.. We shall see on my next weigh in. Thanks for all the help.

I agree with @@Forsythia but my word of advice would be to be honest as possible when using MFP. I don't ever use the quick add calories because to me the macro nutrients are just as important. Especially if you are using prepackaged foods. Sure something might be low in calories, but if it's high in sodium you may not lose because of Fluid retention. Looking at your macros will help you see those types of things.

How do I sync my fit bit with MFP? Can't figure it out!

On the MFP webpage you go to apps. I think (I don't have a fitbit) on fitbit you can go to sync and search for MFP.

I use livestrong and it gives me all that info too. That is how I could see I was getting to much sodium. I was getting the Proteins, but my sodium was way out of control, so this could be what my problem is.. We shall see on my next weigh in. Thanks for all the help.

You're welcome. We're all just trying to share tips and help each other out.

@@chelly12A Sorry I missed that! I hope you got all the information you needed at your appointment!

Thank you very much for doing that for me. It's nice to get an idea of what and how much people are eating.

Everyone seems to be keeping their carbs very low and my surgeon and NUT pushes for 80G Protein, 1000 Calories a day and minimum 60 Oz of Water but no mention of carbs.

By staying very low in carbs does it speed up the fat burning process? And what ballpark should I aim for?

Thanks again!

I'm a little over 5 months out and my nutritionist said that I should eat at least 1000 calories a day, give or take. She did not talk about keeping the carbs low but to be in ketosis, we have to. I have not been keeping them low and my weight loss has slowed as a result of that. She also wants to see at least 70 grams of Protein per day and at least 64 ounces of Water. She said that people who exercise are the most successful. I used to think she meant just in terms of weight loss but now I am thinking she meant much more than that.

I haven't been tracking my calories for the past month but they are between 1,000 and 1,500 per day. Now that the holidays are over, no more excuses to get back on track and start strictly following the rules.

Edited by HaddocksEyes

I've been using the myfitnesspal app every day for almost two months. I think it's a great tool to keep track of what I'm eating. I'm probably averaging 800 calories a day. I've never had a Protein Shake and eat real food, mostly protien with some healthy fats (almonds and avocado) mixed in. I eat 5 times per day and average probably 1 cup of food per meal. I also bust my tail at the gym 5 days per week. Been pretty happy with my results. I'm down just over 70 pounds since my surgery on October 8. Actually lost 6 pounds last week. Some weeks I lose more than others. Anyway, sounds like you are on a good path. Best of luck to you!

@@HaddocksEyes - Some nutritionist focus on carbs, others don't. Just think about simple carbs (processed foods, breads, white flours, white rice refined sugars, pasta) versus complex carbs ( they are found in veg , Beans, sweet potatoes, etc...). White carbs are harder for your body to process and burn off. It's the reason that athletes sometimes carb load. Their bodies are burning at such high levels they need carbs like potatoes and rice so they have a bit o reserve to burn off. Complex carbs on the other hand process quicker and also provide Fiber and nutrients.

Some people are given formulas to follow I just try to keep my carbs below 50 if my total calories are around 800.

I am 8 months out, down 115 pounds. I have between 800-1,000 calories a day, roughly 40 carbs, 60 Protein and keep track on my fitness pal. I hit a stall in month 7 and lost and gained and lost the same 5 pounds for about 5 weeks. I've been eating fruits and veggies (after my protein) for about 4 months now ( not potatoes tho) and most consists of two bites (2 small strawberries, small slice of pineapple, 1/4 of a cutie).

Elode write Alex and tell him you want the chat room back. Maybe if enough people bombard him he will agree to bring it back. I also started a forum for people to voice their opinion about the chat room. Please help us save the room.

@@chelly12A Sorry I missed that! I hope you got all the information you needed at your appointment!

I was sleeved on 11/25. My cals tend to be 900-1000 a day, 75 g Protein. I don't focus on carbs, but Myfitnesspal puts me around 50.

Wow, only two months out and you are at 900 to 1000 calories????!!!!???? Are you sure???? I'm nine months out an have 1000 calories at the most. Usually between 600-800. I think at two months out I was maybe pushing 500 calories... Maybe.

Wow, only two months out and you are at 900 to 1000 calories????!!!!???? Are you sure???? I'm nine months out an have 1000 calories at the most. Usually between 600-800. I think at two months out I was maybe pushing 500 calories... Maybe.

It's definitely possible. I've never tracked or weighed what I eat, but I did do a couple spot calorie checks along the way....I was probably 600-800 calories from 1-3 months, 1000 calories by 3-4 months and 1200 by 6-7 months. I passed goal at 7 1/2 months and upped my intake to maintenance level which is 1400-1600 calories/day. I never made a conscious attempt to restrict calories, just ate when I was hungry and just until satisfied. These numbers reflect the changes in my sleeve's restriction.

Ummm, yes I am sure. I track everything I eat, and my surgeon and NUT are very happy with my progress. I am very happy and am not sure why you would question that? I thought everyone was different, right?

I'm right there with you. Ever since I started solid food, my goal (from my surgeon) has been 800 to 1000 calories per day. There have been a few days that I didn't quite make it high enough, but 99% of the time I did.