Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why different post op diet requirements?

OMG...what possible rationale could there be to wait years of sex, post operationally, if all is normal???? That sounds insane!

Sorry, I meant to wait for years Post operationally to have sex...appalling thought....if all is well and normaly recovering in your body...that makes no sense...

3 yrs post op for sex? I barely lasted two weeks ;)

48 hrs preop I had 2 shakes a day an 1 balamced meal..24 hr of surgery 3 shakes. while in surgery he did the leak test the next morning I was on soft fiet then when I went home it changed it again..needless to say I stayed on fluids..did it for 3 wks..tummy was to sensitive. so far so good. I still only can get down 4 or 5 bites at a time..I literally eat a lil all day its worked for me. its crazy how all drs have their own protocol an experiance over the yrs what they each has seen work for their pts an what doesnt. :)

OMG...what possible rationale could there be to wait years of sex, post operationally, if all is normal???? That sounds insane!

Pretty sure that was a joke.

I find the variations interesting. I had no idea how much it differed from one doctor to the next until I found this website. My program is pretty conservative, but it works for me so I have no complaints.

The doctors I really do not understand are the ones who seem to give no rules or guidance for post-op. That seems a bit irresponsible, in my ever so humble opinion!

Wow, tuna the day after? I was on Clear Liquids and Gelatin. Was allowed Protein Shakes and broth for the first 4 weeks.

My NUT allows for bread....flat breads, sparingly so I do eat some bread carbs. But no Pasta , rolls, white potatoes, etc., even though my nut did say those were ok too sparingly but the look if those things just turn my stomach and I know I can't handle those bad crabs.

I guess you have to do what works but keep in mind you are eating for health so good healthy Proteins and fruits and veggies before all others!

Nope, no choices. They had us do that nasty drink and xray of the stomach early in the morning,then drink Water and juice. After that, within a few hours we received hospital tuna fish w/ mayo, it wasn't chunky, and the nurses came to make sure we ate some before the docs would release us. The way this practice is run, there was about 10+ of us in the hospital wing that day with various surgeons. We sleevers all had the same protocol. It was actually kind of fun in a way that first night because we would chat about it all during our every 2 hours walk. These were the same people we had to take a pre-op class with at the hospital about 10 days prior to surgery where we went over this protocol. That classmate feel was actually pretty good looking back on it.

I'd still be sitting in the hospital 8 months later, then. I hate fish! Lol. I had orange Jello in the hospital. And chicken broth.

@proudgrammy

why is sex allowed within a couple weeks for some when you feel ok?

my doc has me still waiting 3+ years PO :angry:

GOTCHA :lol: :lol:

@@galadriel535

"OMG...what possible rationale could there be to wait years of sex, post operationally, if all is normal???? That sounds insane!"

@@ProjectMe

"3 yrs post op for sex? I barely lasted two weeks ;)"

@proudgrammy

if before surgery my doc told me the above

i would have died :(

then changed docs :lol:

@@BLERDgirl

@proudgrammy

sorry ladies

that was my "attempt" at humor :blink:

@@BLERDgirl

you are such a smarty ;)

you get the blue ribbon :)

@proudgrammy

if i confused anyone, raise your right hand

i you understood raise your left hand

if you are not sure raise both hands :huh: :D

Kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Ok ya got me. Dang I am soooo gullible. Thanks for the morning chuckle... ;) As for the tuna: wish they would tell me to eat that...I am craving tuna..or meat....but still soign what I must for Susie Sleeve.

doing what I must...oops...durn typos!

@@proudgrammy

why is sex allowed within a couple weeks for some when you feel ok?

my doc has me still waiting 3+ years PO :angry:

GOTCHA :lol: :lol:

@@galadriel535

"OMG...what possible rationale could there be to wait years of sex, post operationally, if all is normal???? That sounds insane!"

@@ProjectMe

"3 yrs post op for sex? I barely lasted two weeks ;)"

@proudgrammy

if before surgery my doc told me the above

i would have died :(

then changed docs :lol:

@@BLERDgirl

@@proudgrammy

sorry ladies

that was my "attempt" at humor :blink:

@@BLERDgirl

you are such a smarty ;)

you get the blue ribbon :)

@@proudgrammy

if i confused anyone, raise your right hand

i you understood raise your left hand

if you are not sure raise both hands :huh: :D

Kathy

@@proudgrammy I ❤️❤️❤️ your posts because I so appreciate your style of sense of humor! LOL

@ Annie 77, if you are feeling weak.....up your Protein intake!!

❤️❤️❤️ appreciate your style of sense of humor! LOL

@@tomi71

thanx bud

did you hear the one about me and the pizza shop??

owner asked me if i wanted my pizza sliced in 4 or 8

i said...............

"please cut into 4 pieces

i don't think i could eat 8 pieces :lol: :lol: "

silly i know

gotta keep a "little" humor on here

some people need that extra lift :)

72 lbs down!!!

living in onderland!!!!

keep up the good work :)

kathy

@@Annie77

I would call the NUT and get this clarified and find out the rationale. Please don't blindly follow this diet plan without a good reason to do so. Like many others on these forums, I did a lot of research pre-op and have never seen a post-op diet so restrictive. Health care providers are fallible human beings just as all of us are. If there is really a good reason to be so restricted then it will make it easier to follow if you know why. If there is not, then you can get help to get your diet advanced safely. Good Luck!